Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2023 11:42:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KoreyKirsch]
The Bering Optics Super Yoter LRF has been a highly anticipated product. The wait is over for many as the units have begun shipping. I took one out for a quick coyote hunt, and it did not disappoint. Contact Night Goggles at 909-312-5424 to order this exceptional product.

Bering Optics Super Yoter LRF: Released
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Definitely a target rich environment.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 11:58:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KoreyKirsch] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bud:Definitely a target rich environment.
View Quote
That is what I do. I test thermals, and I kill coyotes. I appreciate you watching and commenting. Let me know if you have any questions on this new LRF. It is an amazing thermal.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 1:30:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CPshooter1] [#3]
Nice.  I'm still in the market for my first thermal.  What is the waterproofing like on these?  When I was doing some research a little while back, I was looking at both Bering Optics and Nvision offerings.  There was some discussion somewhere about one of them not being truly waterproof and that being a pretty real concern.  Don't remember which brand/model it was though.  It stuck with me, however, and it's something that I will be considering as well for long-term reliability in adverse conditions.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 6:09:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Pardon my ignorance, but in the clips with you sitting with the gun…what is blinking on the scope? Can that be turned off so it’s not always blinking?
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish that the LRF model had been available 18 months ago.  I need to get some more use out of my plain Super Yoter before I can consider an upgrade.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 3:47:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KoreyKirsch] [#6]
Originally Posted By CPshooter1:Nice.  I'm still in the market for my first thermal.  What is the waterproofing like on these?  When I was doing some research a little while back, I was looking at both Bering Optics and Nvision offerings.  There was some discussion somewhere about one of them not being truly waterproof and that being a pretty real concern.  Don't remember which brand/model it was though.  It stuck with me, however, and it's something that I will be considering as well for long-term reliability in adverse conditions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPshooter1:Nice.  I'm still in the market for my first thermal.  What is the waterproofing like on these?  When I was doing some research a little while back, I was looking at both Bering Optics and Nvision offerings.  There was some discussion somewhere about one of them not being truly waterproof and that being a pretty real concern.  Don't remember which brand/model it was though.  It stuck with me, however, and it's something that I will be considering as well for long-term reliability in adverse conditions.
The N-Vision Halos and the Bering Optics Super Yoters are both rated for IP67.

The new Bering Super Yoter LRF is built really well. However, the N-Visions are built like a tank. They are also very bulky and very heavy due to this. I am not concerned over long-term use with either, but if you are looking for the most rugged product of the two, I would still choose the N-Vision. If you want to dig into these two models more or others, send me a PM and I will provide my cell number and I can supply a lot more information on comparisons on these two products or others.

Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:
Pardon my ignorance, but in the clips with you sitting with the gun…what is blinking on the scope? Can that be turned off so it’s not always blinking?
Yes, the blinking will stop if you turn off the Laser Range Finder feature. It is easy to turn off. Keep in mind, that blinking laser is only visible to Night Vision. Coyotes can't see it and you will not either. I realize it is annoying on the video, but in real-life it is invisible unless you are wearing night vision. I like that you can see it with Night Vision because it helps me locate downed coyotes. I just point it where the coyote went down and it is an automatic, night-vision laser pointer. It works slick. If you don't want a laser range finder, they also make a 25mm, 35mm, and 50mm Super Yoter without a LRF (laser range finder).

Originally Posted By Bud:
I wish that the LRF model had been available 18 months ago.  I need to get some more use out of my plain Super Yoter before I can consider an upgrade.  
I totally get it. Thermals are not cheap. Bering wanted to make sure it met their high quality standards. Too many companies rush out products and then follow them up with firmware updates because they rushed. This is not the Bering way.

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Man that over the hay shot was NICE!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:Man that over the hay shot was NICE!!
View Quote
Thank you. The SY LRF is an amazing scope. I have shot coyotes at 576 yards and 460 yards with it already, and I don't usually try long shots. Both were situations where I had killed one of a pair and the 2nd finally stopped when it was way out there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's the video of the 576 yard shot.

Stretching Out The Super Yoter LRF: KC Ep.106
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top