Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2024 10:50:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO]
I have three 6390s, black, coyote, and MC.  I was about to buy a 4th, which would be a 2nd MC, but thought I'd first ask if there's a decent DIY option (for the coyote) that would also be hundreds cheaper and not difficult.

What got me on this direction is the Nub Mod upgrade.  I like them, and it seems like SL changed the dimensions of the thumb retention lever.  Ordering a new holster would potentially be the same dimension as the black...incompatible with the Nub Mods.

So now we're here as a DIY question.

Pic of thumb retention differences:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
I have three 6390s, black, coyote, and MC.  I was about to buy a 4th, which would be a 2nd MC, but thought I'd first ask if there's a decent DIY option (for the coyote) that would also be hundreds cheaper and not difficult.

What got me on this direction is the Nub Mod upgrade.  I like them, and it seems like SL changed the dimensions of the thumb retention lever.  Ordering a new holster would potentially be the same dimension as the black...incompatible with the Nub Mods.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183262/SL_nub_mod_png-3161122.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183262/SL_Compare_png-3161124.JPG

View Quote

If you’re asking what kind of wrap options, I’ve done a couple of holsters with the cordura wrap off of Amazon.

I can’t get the Amazon link to work with my phone. Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:38:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:

If you’re asking what kind of wrap options, I’ve done a couple of holsters with the cordura wrap off of Amazon.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183262/SL_nub_mod_png-3161122.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183262/SL_Compare_png-3161124.JPG

Do these cordura wraps work well with existing cordura-wrapped holsters?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:40:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lungbuster] [#3]
I don’t know. I’ve never tried. The wrap is pretty sticky, it should work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Amazon Product
  • A Wrap for Everything You Carry: EDC Wrap has an unlimited amount of wrapping options but it is commonly used to provide a new look to everyday carry items. Example items include; Kydex holsters, sheaths, knee pads, communication headphones, and many more! EDC Wrap has many different color and camouflage pattern options to help match your everyday carry items to your preferred clothing and gear.

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I am not finding the previous thread…but there was one.

Certainly, this would not be as cheap; but RDR does it everyday, if you just want to send it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By unine:
I am not finding the previous thread…but there was one.

Certainly, this would not be as cheap; but RDR does it everyday, if you just want to send it.
View Quote

From the site:

DETAILS
***We can not re-wrap factory wrapped holsters*** i.e. Basket weave, or factory Cadura wrapped holsters.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#7]
If a holster already has a Cordura wrap, you will need to remove the original wrap before you can rewrap it. It will likely involve some labor with a heat gun and scraping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top