Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2024 10:23:10 AM EDT
I'm in the process of picking up a sparrow22 for a rifle I have.  Unfortunately, I don't have any .22lr pistols with threaded barrels on them.  What are some good hosts for a suppressor that don't cost an arm and a leg.  

This would just be for plinking around the house. I just want something that will feed reliably with standard velocity .22lr ammo.

Any suggestions?  

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Ruger MKIV. Literally nothing better or more fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I was looking around on PSA....and they have all kinds of sub $500 .22lr pistols with threaded barrels....FN, Ruger, S&W, ATI, etc.

That FN 502 Tactical looks like a nice pistol.....
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lxranes:
Ruger MKIV. Literally nothing better or more fun to shoot.
View Quote

Thanks, I will check those out!

Like this one??    https://palmettostatearmory.com/5165450348.html
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#5]
the sig is pretty nice. comes optic ready and threaded barrel.

I've got an m&p22, and its not bad. been reliable but the threaded barrel insert isn't ideal and not optics ready.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:50:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#7]
Cheap, compact, threaded barrel, 3 mags, shoots great for me. Kel-Tec P17.

IIRC, it was around $170 from PSA. I’ve seen them for $200 +/- locally.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Ruger MKIV’s

Sig P322 and Taurus TX 22 Competition

S&W Victory 22

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By @AJE:
I like my Buckmark but I wish I had bought a Ruger Mk II, III, or IV instead.
View Quote

Why? I like that the Buckmark can change barrels without an FFL and the trigger is excellent out of the box
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

My 22/45 is easily my favorite gun to shoot.
Sitting around the fire on a Friday night?
Plink a few hundred rounds.

I've got a VQ Target frame I need to get installed.
Lobo mount is on the way as well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#12]
MK IV light is super fun.

Beretta 21A is also a ton of fun
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Any love here for the G44? A 22 can is on my list and I like the idea of having a pistol to put it on that can also double as a training aid for other guns I have.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By imq707s:

Thanks, I will check those out!

Like this one??    https://palmettostatearmory.com/5165450348.html
View Quote

Yeah, mark IV 22/45 lite. I love mine. Super lite. I bought a competition trigger and bolt, also got a holosun for it. Lots of fun
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Love my Buckmark and prefer it to my brother's Ruger MkIV. But, I do want to try out a 22/45.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Volquartsen… Ruger platform, far beyond a standard ruger.  I no longer even grab my rugers. You can buy multiple rugers like many here have and still not scratch the itch.  Volquartsen is ButtahAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:20:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#17]
I really like my Taurus TX-22 Compact. They are relatively inexpensive. The short barrel keeps cheap bulk ammo subsonic and with hi-cap mags it's a lot of fun to shoot. It's always annoyed me that most 22LR pistols have only 10rd mags.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:22:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#18]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
Love my Buckmark and prefer it to my brother's Ruger MkIV. But, I do want to try out a 22/45.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
Originally Posted By AJE:
I like my Buckmark but I wish I had bought a Ruger Mk II, III, or IV instead.
I own both a Buckmark and 22/45. The Rugers are 200% better than the Brownings. They are much more durable, more reliable, and easier to field strip and clean. Plus there are a lot more aftermarket parts for the Rugers.  Although oddly my Buckmark is modified and my 22/45 is bone stock.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By NC_Parrothead:
Any love here for the G44? A 22 can is on my list and I like the idea of having a pistol to put it on that can also double as a training aid for other guns I have.
View Quote

I’d buy one if they made it optics ready. At this point I have no interest in buying pistols if I can’t mount a rds.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#20]
TX22 is awesome for the price.

SIG P322 if you want a bit nicer for more $.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By @dmk0210:
I own both a Buckmark and 22/45. The Rugers are 200% better than the Brownings. They are much more durable, more reliable, and easier to field strip and clean. Plus there are a lot more aftermarket parts for the Rugers.  Although oddly my Buckmark is modified and my 22/45 is bone stock.

View Quote

more durable and reliable? What has worn out on your Buckmarks? What issues have you had?

Easier to field strip and clean? Just hose it down with gun scrubber, brush and snake?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

curious about this as well
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Ruger MKII

Also the walther P22  you will need a thread adapter but it is the quitest of all the 22 host I own.

No idea what either cost now they were bought years ago Ruger(s) we like 209 and thhe P22 was 189

I run SWR spectre
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By OTHP:
Ruger MKII

Also the walther P22  you will need a thread adapter but it is the quitest of all the 22 host I own.

No idea what either cost now they were bought years ago Ruger(s) we like 209 and thhe P22 was 189

I run SWR spectre
View Quote

P22 is what I’m using now. Downsides are no optic and it’s a little picky about ammo.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By OTHP:
Ruger MKII

I run SWR spectre
View Quote

funny enough palmetto just emailed out the walther p22q for $230

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I’ve been looking at adding 1-3 more 22lr pistols. My kids are at that age they can graduate from BB guns and with the quick form 4 times it seems like a perfect time to get some more 22lr pistols and silencers in the collection(suppressed 22 is best 22)

I want something that is similar to a 9mm handgun in size and controls and can take a rds(sorry G44, you’d be a no brainer if I could mount a dot)

Thinking TX22

Or

FN 502 tactical

A Ruger Mark IV 22/45

Leaning towards the Silencer shop edition.

But may go with a plain Jane model and have it cut and threaded on my own, price will end up being close

And something tiny.

Beretta bobcat has always seemed cool

But the LCP with a threaded barrel is also intriguing

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#28]
S&W M&P 22 Compact. If you need something a big longer, Ruger Charger

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
I really like my Taurus TX-22 Compact. They are relatively inexpensive. The short barrel keeps cheap bulk ammo subsonic and with hi-cap mags it's a lot of fun to shoot. It's always annoyed me that most 22LR pistols have only 10rd mags.

https://i.imgur.com/UDPnfju.jpeg
View Quote

How is that LCP II suppressed?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:11:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTHP] [#30]
Originally Posted By bobfig:

funny enough palmetto just emailed out the walther p22q for $230

https://i.imgur.com/hk9wG00.jpg
View Quote

Seams like a great price since I paid 189 back in 2010 or 11
I'd FO @ only 40 more bux 14 years later.

But I bought local so  no transfer or shipping fee that all needs taken into account.

Ya no optic on the P22 but I do have the factory laser mounted on mine.

Both my MKII's started life as taper barrels I cut, sleeved, & threade, both @ 4.5 inches to keep supers sub and to keep nice lines between the barrel and can.
Now they both ust look like  10 gov target models with the can on it.

One is the NRA Aniversary gun. Caught some slack for chopping it due to being a limited run but they made 250K in white grips so they were/are common enough to me to chop it.

Added a dot sight to one and fiber optic open sights to the other.
Also swapped out the white grips for the OEM black panels.

Edit
Check that ad on the P220 and make sure it has a factory threaded metric muzzle so you only need the 20.00 adapter and not a whole new barrel.
Pix doesn't show the biz end of the barrel and no description since it's a screen shot not a link.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

Very quiet, fun and reliable especially with standard velocity.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:22:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#32]
Taurus tx-22 is awesome and runs pretty much all ammo. I have both the competition and compact models. The compact isn't the most accurate, but acceptable for a cheap pistol.

If you want something considerably nicer, maybe a Volquartsen.

My buddy had his new FN at the range last week. Looks and feels like a nicer gun. Pretty accurate. Many types of failures with multiple ammo types, both suppressed and unsuppressed. Maybe it's just the one he got, but it's a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:
Taurus tx-22 is awesome and runs pretty much all ammo. I have both the competition and compact models. The compact isn't the most accurate, but acceptable for a cheap pistol.

My buddy had his new FN at the range last week. Looks and feels like a nicer gun. Pretty accurate. Many types of failures with multiple ammo types, both suppressed and unsuppressed. Maybe it's just the one he got, but it's a piece of shit.
View Quote

Great info, thanks!

I was initially looking at the TX-22 competition but the compact is a lot less money. I like the >10rd capacity and the ability to mount a dot plus the size similar to a “real” gun makes it really compelling.

Good to know about the FN. I guess all the Umerex 22s are pretty similar. I’ve been happy with my P22 but it’s not without its quirks.

Volquartsen has been calling my name. Not sure if I can justify 4 figures right off the bat for a 22. My local dealer has a mini mamba upper in the case for ~$500 so maybe I’ll get a more modest 22/45 and upgrade over time. It may cost a little more in the long run but if Mk IVs are anything like ARs spare parts have a habit of turning themselves into complete guns pretty quickly.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:30:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#34]
Originally Posted By ar15joe:

more durable and reliable? What has worn out on your Buckmarks? What issues have you had?

Easier to field strip and clean? Just hose it down with gun scrubber, brush and snake?
View Quote
I've had to replace the extractor and spring on my BM. You also need tools to remove the slide. I'm not a fan of needing tools to field strip. The Ruger is just better engineered.

I've never had to repair anything on the 22/45 and it's actually a lot older with more rounds through it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I have an SR22, a MK3 22/45 and a Sig P322 that I use with my .22 cans, the 22/45 is good, but the Sig is by far my favorite, 20rd and 25rd mags are a plus. You have to follow the directions when loading the mags, but it's straight Forward, it's my preferred armadillo medicine to keep in the buggy when I'm riding around.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:34:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#36]
Originally Posted By MikeSearson:

How is that LCP II suppressed?
View Quote
I bought Ruger's threaded barrel.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/736673907246

The suppressor is an Ecco Machine Salamander.

It's a lot of fun to shoot and very quiet. I can actually use the iron sights over the little Salamander

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:49:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#38]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Keltec CP33.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#40]
For all the G44 naysayers, is that solely due to the lack of being able to mount an RDS? Otherwise is the gun solid, reliable, suppresses well, etc?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#41]
22/45
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:16:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SIGthusiast:
TX22 is awesome for the price.

SIG P322 if you want a bit nicer for more $.
View Quote

As someone who's been strongly interested in getting one of these two pistols, can you or anyone else expand upon the TX22 vs. the P322? It seems like you can get the Taurus for ~$260-$300, while the Sig is $400. Magazine prices appear comparable. Beyond the higher standard magazine capacity, what does the extra money get you with the Sig?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:39:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#43]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Great info, thanks!

I was initially looking at the TX-22 competition but the compact is a lot less money. I like the >10rd capacity and the ability to mount a dot plus the size similar to a “real” gun makes it really compelling.

Good to know about the FN. I guess all the Umerex 22s are pretty similar. I’ve been happy with my P22 but it’s not without its quirks.

Volquartsen has been calling my name. Not sure if I can justify 4 figures right off the bat for a 22. My local dealer has a mini mamba upper in the case for ~$500 so maybe I’ll get a more modest 22/45 and upgrade over time. It may cost a little more in the long run but if Mk IVs are anything like ARs spare parts have a habit of turning themselves into complete guns pretty quickly.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mblades:
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

Great info, thanks!

The competition model seems a bit more robust and more accurate. I've had that for a few years or so and it has probably 3-4,000 rounds through it. I like it a little better than the Buckmark, which mostly just sits in the safe. The Buckmark was a significantly more expensive pistol, and has lots of upgrades.

The TX-22 compact frame, trigger and so forth are very similar to the competition design. So I'm not surprised that it runs too. I've only had the compact a few weeks and only shot a few hundred rounds through it. I prefer the slide mounted optic over the fixed barrel mount on the competition model.

The other difference about the compact, that I still question, is the barrel. It's a surprisingly narrow pencil design. Still with shipping and tax, mine was $314. The black models are even a bit cheaper. For that amount of money, it seems a no brainer to me, even if it's less accurate.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 8Thousand:

As someone who's been strongly interested in getting one of these two pistols, can you or anyone else expand upon the TX22 vs. the P322? It seems like you can get the Taurus for ~$260-$300, while the Sig is $400. Magazine prices appear comparable. Beyond the higher standard magazine capacity, what does the extra money get you with the Sig?
View Quote
You get to brag about buying a Sig vs ignorant people putting you down for buying a Taurus.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 8Thousand:

View Quote

The Sig also has the optics cut, the TX22 doesn’t. When I was looking, the Sig felt better in my hand and felt more quality. The TX22 just felt cheap. Others may feel different.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bballman25:

The Sig also has the optics cut, the TX22 doesn’t. When I was looking, the Sig felt better in my hand and felt more quality. The TX22 just felt cheap. Others may feel different.
View Quote

If you want the optics cut I think you have to go up to the TX22 Competition and prices seem to fluctuate, but are often similar to the P322.  The Sig also comes 20 rd mags and has optional 25 rd available, so +4 and +9 respectively on the standard TX22, although I don't know if there are aftermarket options for the Taurus or not. I also prefer the feel of the Sig and the flat trigger, but that's personal preference.

I don't think anyone is actually bragging about owning the P322 because of the cost, it's a $399 pistol, lol.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:20:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaAR] [#47]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
S&W M&P 22 Compact. If you need something a big longer, Ruger Charger

https://i.imgur.com/87V4eCJ.jpg
View Quote

What adapter did you use on the M&P Compact to mount your rds? I'd like to do that with mine. Also is that a Rugged Mustang on there?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#48]
For all the G44 naysayers, is that solely due to the lack of being able to mount an RDS? Otherwise is the gun solid, reliable, suppresses well, etc?
View Quote

Yes. You can get an optics mount from Agency, but I haven’t tried that yet because $$$. I’d imagine there are other solutions, like what people use on the unicorn-rare Open Glock.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#49]
My favorite 22 suppressed pistols from most to least

Tx22 competition
Sig p322
Tx22 compact
AA G17 Gen4 upper on dedicated G4 lower
Ruger mk3 22/45

Some  l used to have over the years but sold/traded off
Ruger sr22
Mp22 ful size
Ati/gsg 1911/22
Walthur ppk22

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:31:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#50]
Originally Posted By Gtscotty:

If you want the optics cut I think you have to go up to the TX22 Competition and prices seem to fluctuate, but are often similar to the P322.  The Sig also comes 20 rd mags and has optional 25 rd available, so +4 and +9 respectively on the standard TX22, although I don't know if there are aftermarket options for the Taurus or not. I also prefer the feel of the Sig and the flat trigger, but that's personal preference.

I don't think anyone is actually bragging about owning the P322 because of the cost, it's a $399 pistol, lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gtscotty:
Originally Posted By bballman25:

They make a RDS compatible compact.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top