Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2023 9:59:53 PM EDT
Has anyone used one of the binary triggers on the Shrike MCR upper?  If so, how well did it work, and which one did you use? I have a full auto carrier for the upper, as I have an RR lower, but don’t like having the provided bolt release the the shrike upper sort of requires (recommended) on my RR lower. Not that it is important, but it is a first generation shrike upper…First batch

Thank you

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The Rare Breed FRT worked well.  I have tried the Franklin on it, but I didn't like the reset, or the way it was easy to outrun the trigger and then you have to recycle the weapon to clear the double feed.  The FRT didn't do that, it ran without any issues.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Elcunning:

The Rare Breed FRT worked well.  I have tried the Franklin on it, but I didn't like the reset, or the way it was easy to outrun the trigger and then you have to recycle the weapon to clear the double feed.  The FRT didn't do that, it ran without any issues.

View Quote

The reason the FRT doesn't have the issues the BFS has is they work very differently.

Even though the BFS can be out ran I prefer it over the echo trigger because the echo has the feel and feedback of poking a bag of jello with a 5 foot stick. Very spongy.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Heck, I want to know if anyone has tried a binary trigger on a Wiselite MG42/53.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By svt40:
Heck, I want to know if anyone has tried a binary trigger on a Wiselite MG42/53.
View Quote

Does the Wiselite use an AR15 FCG like the BRP?  If so, why not try one?

I wish something could be done for the 249s.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FNGfromGA:
Has anyone used one of the binary triggers on the Shrike MCR upper?  If so, how well did it work, and which one did you use? I have a full auto carrier for the upper, as I have an RR lower, but don't like having the provided bolt release the the shrike upper sort of requires (recommended) on my RR lower. Not that it is important, but it is a first generation shrike upper First batch

Thank you

View Quote
Find us some range time on an outdoor place and we'll test a Franklin on a 1st gen Shrike w/ metal feed tray etc etc.

I pulled it off a Colt M16A1 and have it on an SBR with a binary in it.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the echo trigger with the gen4 upper. Runs like a champ.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Elcunning:

Does the Wiselite use an AR15 FCG like the BRP?  If so, why not try one?

I wish something could be done for the 249s.  
View Quote

Yes they do.  I just do not have one (binary trigger) or want to spend the money on one just to try it out.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Echo works ok with the Shrike.

https://youtu.be/RYjpd4A3BVk
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone tried the Franklin binary on a Hk21e/23e clone? Thinking of getting one for the michael machine.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw one at the gunshow this weekend on a complete Franklin Binary lower.  It was mighty tempting.  Glad I didn’t have they money on me.

Got his card in case the lottery goes my way tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
get ya one of these and leave it on.

https://fightlite.com/mcr-extended-bolt-catch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top