Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2024 2:30:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: clubmanager1]
Just going to use it for the range and to let friends/family shoot. I put it in a grey birch chassis and looking for inexpensive $500 or less) optic suggestions.
Shooting 100y or less. I’m a Trijicon guy fwiw; been thinking of an Accupoint 3-9.
Edit: maybe a 5x prism?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:41:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: User55645] [#1]
Congrats on a great rifle.
The accupoint is well over $500 and I'm pretty sure the parallax is fixed at 100.
FWIW, I put a 4-16 Bushnell engage on my CZ 457. I got it (for ~$250) due to it's features and 20oz weight. Hasn't let me down.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you used a leupold vx freedom rimfire scope?

I've used a variety of rimfire scopes through the years and settled on the leupold vx freedom rimfire 3-9x40 as my go to.

Fantastic scopes
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
A rifle of this type demands a good quality high magnification scope. I like the vortex strike eagle ( still Chinese but very good quality ) 4-24 with a great reticle to allow hold off for wind and distance. I routinely use my 22 to hit steel at 300+ yards. A friend got a tikka and it ihas been a hammer. Don’t handicap it with a low power scope.
On another rifle I have an athlon ( 300 or so bucks) argos BTR which not as nice as the vortex but still does the job.

Also don’t handicap it by using trashy American ammo. Get some eley, SK lapua or rws. These precision shooters do the best work with good ammo.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. I’ll give each a look; have had a Strike Eagle before and for the money, they’re pretty unbeatable. I’ve not ever owned a Leupold but maybe now’s the time to check them out.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I went with the Leupold 3-9x40  VX-Freedom Rimfire MOA on mine.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By levi333:
I went with the Leupold 3-9x40  VX-Freedom Rimfire MOA on mine.
https://i.imgur.com/G92KXAh.jpeg
View Quote

How's it shoot?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By clubmanager1:
Thanks. I'll give each a look; have had a Strike Eagle before and for the money, they're pretty unbeatable. I've not ever owned a Leupold but maybe now's the time to check them out.
View Quote
I have a Vortex Venom 5-25 on one of my T1xs, it's the Strike Eagle minus illumination for way less money.  It's perfect for shooting groups at the range.  I have it zeroed and with dope charts for mini mags and subs, works really well.  I also have a couple of the VX-Freedom non-rimfire scopes, and really like them too.  My other T1x has a Diamondback Tactical FFP, it's set up more as a carrying around rifle and works great.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#8]
You didn’t by chance get it in the UPR stock did you?  I will gladly purchase it from you if so. I’ve got a t3x dying for a UPR stock!
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I second the strike eagle 4-24. Good deals on them now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top