Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2024 9:25:02 PM EDT
Bought another 10/22 and looking for another
I’ll need mags to feed them
Are butler creeks still the gold standard?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:31:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#1]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Bought another 10/22 and looking for another
I'll need mags to feed them
Are butler creeks still the gold standard?
View Quote
The ruger BX-25 are great and probably dominate the market now I would imagine. the Tactical Innovations mags are really adjustable and can be set to lock up with no wiggle, but those are off the market now, so you'd have to find used ones.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have dozens of BX-25s. All work perfectly.

Butler Creek are pretty good, but not as reliable as the Rugers IMO.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#4]
My Butler Creek steel lips work as well as my BX-25.  Stay away from the BC red lip (plastic) mags.  They are junk.  

My favorite mag is three BX-10 in an alligator clip.  Makes your 10/22 look like it has balls.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Butler Creek makes decent to nice value scope caps.  Never knew they were the gold standard for 10/22.  The ones I USED to have were less than stellar.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GlockPride:
Butler Creek makes decent to nice value scope caps.  Never knew they were the gold standard for 10/22.  The ones I USED to have were less than stellar.
View Quote

For a long time before the BX-25 were released, the BC Steel Lip and TI mags were the only reliable high cap magazines.  There was a ton of junk hi-cap magazines out on the market as well.  I have a giant box of them somewhere in the house.  

All of my BC Steel Lip mags still work today.  I think I got them over 20 years ago.  I have six BX-25 and only five of the six work 100%.  One of them is goofy.  The BX-25 can be taken apart to be cleaned and/or repaired.  The BC mags are sealed.  I would look for deals on the BX-25.  Sometimes you can find them sold in pairs cheap.  But I would not skip a deal on BC Steel lips mags.  I didn't think BC made them anymore.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I would watch CDNNs flyers for Ruger OEM mag sales.... they do good deals on them all the time and I think they're pretty much SOP for Ruger now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top