Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2024 12:27:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#1]
511 at least did at one point. Decent looking dress/business casual looking too.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve been using one of these for 5 years and it’s still as stiff today as it was new.
https://www.daltechforce.com/collections/superbio-gun-belts
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually wear Wilderness Tactical belts.  There is no stretching issue.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:24:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BloodRaven] [#4]
https://www.koreessentials.com/

I have 2 (1 "tactical" and 1 leather...both are gun belts). The reinforcement runs all the way from 1 end to the other.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:41:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BloodRaven:
https://www.koreessentials.com/

I have 2 (1 "tactical" and 1 leather...both are gun belts). The reinforcement runs all the way from 1 end to the other.
View Quote

This. Best gun belts I’ve used
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I ran Kore belts for my EDC and they are great. Currently running an Ares Gear Aegis which also fits your bill.

I had no issues with my Kore, honestly would not have switched except that I won the Ares in a class. I still run the Kore reinforced leather belts as dress belts.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:27:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Crossbreed holsters made a great belt. I wear one every day, doesn’t look like a gun belt either. Just a thick leather belt and belt, but reinforced. Pretty sure the strip runs end to end.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Another Kore Essentials user here - love that thing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#10]
https://www.daltechforce.com/collections/american-bison-gun-belts/products/brown-distressed-steel-core-american-bison-leather-gun-belt-1

I second the Daltech. I’ve used the same steel core bison belt for probably a decade or more at this point and it has been the greatest thing since sliced bread. Steel does not go through the buckle holes because it has to flex there but it has not stretched at all.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, as a guy who has made a few of these things, I'd say that it all depends on you and what your day looks like.  I would say that if you're on your feet for most of the time, a full, wrap-around reinforcement is the best set up.  However, if you are sitting, working from vehicles, then you might want a break at the front, to allow the rig to flex somewhat.  

I would say a full wrap-around is optimal for fighting, but the flexible break in front is optimal to wearing the damn thing all day.  

So you have to decide what's best for you.

I have made rigs for security forces, where they sat in "ready rooms" or drove around in vehicles.  I've also made rigs for guys on roving foot patrols or gate guard duty.  Sometimes the same guys had both duties.  

When we look at EDC, you have to determine what resembles your every day and equip accordingly.

And just human nature, when you first start to carry, you are equipped for some running gun battle, with all the hard core stuff.  But then as the years wear on, you relax that a bit and start wearing stuff that's a bit more comfortable.    The trick IMHO is to find some happy medium.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:13:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chibajoe] [#12]
Any belt that uses the old pin/hole style buckle is going to have the problem you've encountered.  Modern ratchet belts (Kore, Nextbelt, etc.), snap buckle belts, and friction lock belts solve this issue, in addition to allowing a much greater adjustable range.

Personally, I've replaced all of my belts with Kore Essentials.  They look good, have held up admirably, and are more than stiff enough to support a full sized pistol.

ETA: one of the cool things about the Kore belts is that you can adjust them on the fly: need a little extra room because you're just ate half a cow?  Pop the lever and let it out a couple of notches.  Have to disarm for some reason?  Slid it in a few notches and you're GTG.  It's a feature that makes old fashioned belts completely obsolete.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chibajoe:
Any belt that uses the old pin/hole style buckle is going to have the problem you've encountered.  Modern ratchet belts (Kore, Nextbelt, etc.), snap buckle belts, and friction lock belts solve this issue, in addition to allowing a much greater adjustable range.

Personally, I've replaced all of my belts with Kore Essentials.  They look good, have held up admirably, and are more than stiff enough to support a full sized pistol.

ETA: one of the cool things about the Kore belts is that you can adjust them on the fly: need a little extra room because you're just ate half a cow?  Pop the lever and let it out a couple of notches.  Have to disarm for some reason?  Slid it in a few notches and you're GTG.  It's a feature that makes old fashioned belts completely obsolete.
View Quote

I have to do that every day for work. We're not allowed to carry while at work, so I disarm and lock it in my truck. My Kore Essentials belt makes it super easy to do that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#14]
It’s been many years but I thought Beltman had an option for that when ordering. Maybe?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top