Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2024 7:15:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DonS]
I bought a CZ-50 gunsmith special.

The trigger spring was broken. I replaced it (spring made by someone who sells them on ebay) and reassembled the pistol, but now it won't shoot single action.

DA seems to work (hammer cocks then drops when trigger pulled). But in SA, the trigger bar moves slightly but doesn't reach the sear. If I use a screwdriver directly on the sear the hammer drops. It seems like the trigger bar is binding somewhere but I wasn't able to figure out where exactly. If I remove the side plate, SA does work.

Using the safety to drop the hammer also works.

Any ideas?

Edit to add: The spring I bought was the issue, I had to trim a very short part off on the trigger bar hook portion.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:18:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cantshootstrate] [#1]
I have had a small crack appear on a CZ 52 sear and it threw a similar malfunction. The good folks at Apex had one in stock

If there's no crack, I would dykem the sear and trigger bar and look for the bind.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cantshootstrate:
I have had a small crack appear on a CZ 52 sear and it threw a similar malfunction. The good folks at Apex had one in stock

If there's no crack, I would dykem the sear and trigger bar and look for the bind.

View Quote

Thanks, I'll check that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a link or contact for guy you got the spring from? I been looking one.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:10:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DonS] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Glock19:
Do you have a link or contact for guy you got the spring from? I been looking one.
Thanks
View Quote

@Glock19

I contacted him via this website:

https://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/cz-70-trigger-spring.196888/

I had to join the forum and post an intro before I could contact him.

He then sent me a link to ebay where he had one for sale.

Ebay seller was: ssgjpl23
Item was: CZ 50/70 trigger bar spring
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top