Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2023 7:38:22 AM EDT
I have been looking at the new 300blk cz 600 trail. I was wondering if anyone here has SBRed one? Just curious who did the work, how much it cost and how it turned out.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, I never heard if they ever even resolved the issues they were having with the 600 series, let alone coming out with new variants and calibers. Still haven't seen one in the wild.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PA452:
Interesting, I never heard if they ever even resolved the issues they were having with the 600 series, let alone coming out with new variants and calibers. Still haven't seen one in the wild.
View Quote

as far as I know the issues have been resolved, TFBtv did a video on the 300blk model a few weeks ago. That's what got me thinking about it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I see they've come out with a 600 American now too.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Have no need for one but want one if they are accurate.  Sbr fo sho
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
Have no need for one but want one if they are accurate.  Sbr fo sho
View Quote

I’m with you on the need part. It isn’t one at all but I have shot a couple suppressed bolt action 300blk rifles and they are fun, the 600 trail seems like it has the perfect feature set to chop and put a can on with a low power optic:
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know when the .300blk model is going to be released?  

I really wish they'd do one in 6.5 Grendel too
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Glck1911:

I really wish they'd do one in 6.5 Grendel too
View Quote

Yes to Grendel!
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:16:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#8]
Tagged.

Neat. Looks like a Pork Sword setup.

I had never heard of this.

Does it take standard AR barrels and mags?
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
Tagged.

Neat. Looks like a Pork Sword setup.

I had never heard of this.

Does it take standard AR barrels and mags?
View Quote

Mags yes…. Barrels no
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Glck1911:
View Quote

In stock at Grabagun
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#11]
anyone know if a suppressor would fit under the handguard if I had the barrel chopped for an SBR?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
anyone know if a suppressor would fit under the handguard if I had the barrel chopped for an SBR?
View Quote

doubtful, the reviews I have seen say it's tough to put in an Mlok device as the gap is pretty small.

supposedly you can replace the handguard with anything that fits the AR though
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Very doubtful. I had the 600 Trail in X39 and even just mounting a pic rail to the MLOK forend, I had to chop the screws shorter so that they wouldn't touch the barrel. It is a very small diameter handguard.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I called CZ.  No joy.  Handguard is proprietary (AR hg's will not fit) and it's too narrow to accommodate a suppressor.  @TheRat how did you like yours?  I'm looking at one in .300
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I called CZ.  No joy.  Handguard is proprietary (AR hg's will not fit) and it's too narrow to accommodate a suppressor.  @TheRat how did you like yours?  I'm looking at one in .300
View Quote

I sold it just about entirely because I ended up hating the stock. If it had had a pic rail on the back end to bolt a folding stock onto, I'd have kept it. My main gripe is that when pulling out the stock, all the middle positions don't have a stop, so if you extend it to say two clicks from fully extended and your sling yanks it a bit, it pulls out to fully extended. With me using a PA micro prism, my eye box wasn't the biggest and it didn't work that well when the stock was fully extended. (5'6" for what it's worth.) For use on the range it was a minor annoyance but I feel like use in the field would get real annoying if I had to be that meticulous about making sure the stock position went where I wanted and stayed there.

The other down side is that spare mags for the x39 version are proprietary and would have needed a special order. You wouldn't have to deal with that on the 300 model though, since it would be AR mags.

With a PA 5x micro prism it was very light and handy. Accuracy was acceptable with steel cases ammo and I liked having an AR type safety since that's what most of my long gun experience is with.

If you have a chance to handle one in a shop, check out what I mean with the stock and see if it bothers you. If you're taller than me and going to use an optic with a generous eye box, it may not be that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:52:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#16]
I have the CZ600 trail as a varmint rifle - 20 inch CHF barrel, 1:9 twist in 223.  Its a very good rifle if you do the basics and set up right, the MLOK rail simply uses the MLOK short standard screws (which cost peanuts) as opposed to the long standard screws.  

Found it to be light, just over six lbs and precise - off a cold barrel I've been getting 1/2 to 1MOA with decent ammo (from 55grain to 77 grain - very accurate with Federal 64 grain shok soft point ~ 3000fps).  

The stock is fine, just pull it in tight to the shoulder.  

Rounded out with magpul MLOK bipod and 4-16 x 50 0.5 mildot 1st FFP scope.  Great two stage trigger with four levels of adjustment, takes standard AR PMAGS and grips, ambi safety and mag release and very short action.  

Great for stowage, pack or vehicle use.  

Some notes:
(1)  The recall issue was related to someone incorrectly fitting a different barrel and not a problem related to the design or build of the fire arm - the intent was to make it interchangeable between 300 blk, 7.62 and 223.  It still is, you just have to get a gunsmith to change the barrel so the warranty isn't voided.  

(2)  The reported precision problems are related user error (a) adding MLOK attachments with the wrong screws - that touch and press the barrel (b) mounting scopes with rings spaced across the break in the pic rail and (c) just poor shouldering technique. (D) When the barrel gets hot groupings will open up e.g. did 40 quick fired rounds with 55 gr blitzking and the grouping of 40 rounds was 1.5 MOA (shot from bipod at 100m).

(3)  It is able to take a suppressor but has a euro thread likely limiting choice in US - m15x1 (however its a non issue with a 20 inch barrel).

(4)  No problem hitting 8 inch plate at 600m with ~ 5 mil hold (with no wind) and rear bag for additional stability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top