Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 101 of 102)
Page / 102
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Question for anyone who has gotten to shoot the carbine (16") and the 14" pistol: Since the 14" barrel is lighter, did anyone notice an accuracy difference, especially when hot.

I couldn't really find much, but there were a few posts (not here) about the lighter barreled gun's groups REALLY opening up and fairly quickly too. of course, these people could have been full of shit too.

I want to P&W a 14", I'd have little problem cutting a 16", except I don't know who does that, if it would screw with the system, or if it is just a stupid idea. I'd like a lighter gun, but not at the expense of accuracy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 10:08:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kiddsf] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pallas:
Question for anyone who has gotten to shoot the carbine (16") and the 14" pistol: Since the 14" barrel is lighter, did anyone notice an accuracy difference, especially when hot.

I couldn't really find much, but there were a few posts (not here) about the lighter barreled gun's groups REALLY opening up and fairly quickly too. of course, these people could have been full of shit too.

I want to P&W a 14", I'd have little problem cutting a 16", except I don't know who does that, if it would screw with the system, or if it is just a stupid idea. I'd like a lighter gun, but not at the expense of accuracy.
View Quote

I had both and decided to just keep the 16" due to 14" being slightly less accurate with the FMJ ammo it likes and unable to keep that accuracy for too long due to the thin barrel.

The barrel diameter of the Bren2 14" is 0.55" which is oddly thin. The accuracy was fine at 2.5-3MOA 10rd group at 100yard with Norma 223 55gr FMJ. The issue for me as alluded to is the light 0.55"  barrel which heats up too quick and the accuracy degrades to about 4-5MOA only after 20-40rds.

The Bren2 Carbine 16" is about 2MOA and can maintain that accuracy for longer.
As a reference, my SCAR16 with its LW barrel (0.65" before GB and 0.58" after GB) was able to maintain its accuracy better as well. (1.5MOA capable using FMJ it likes which is Geco 223 55gr)

Like always, it all depends on what the user want out of the gun. For how I use my rifles/carbines, I am fine with the extra weight of the HBAR barrel on the Bren2 Carbine.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 2:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
All I can tell you is that my 16 inch carbine hates Winchester m193.  4-5 inch groups.  Various match ammo shoots 1.0-1.75” dependent on brand.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:12:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#4]
Not sure if you guys saw it, but James from TFBTV did an interview with the CEO of CZ the other day.  One of the guns he brought up was the Bren 2.

The CEO confirmed they will be releasing a Bren 2 in 300 BLK, but gave no timeframe.  No answer specifically on the Bren 2 BR, unfortunately.  James mentioned it, but the CEO took that question about the Bren 2 BR and x39 kits and actually used it as a segue into mentioning they're working on a Bren 3/generation 3.  As of now there's no timeframe on release for the Bren 3, but he confirmed it'd have improved ergonomics and other additions LE and military have been requesting to the platform.

Big News & Answers to Viewer Qs from CZ's CEO, Jan Zajic
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
Not sure if you guys saw it, but James from TFBTV did an interview with the CEO of CZ the other day.  One of the guns he brought up was the Bren 2.

The CEO confirmed they will be releasing a Bren 2 in 300 BLK, but gave no timeframe.  No answer specifically on the Bren 2 BR, unfortunately.  James mentioned it, but the CEO took that question about the Bren 2 BR and x39 kits and actually used it as a segue into mentioning they're working on a Bren 3/generation 3.  As of now there's no timeframe on release for the Bren 3, but he confirmed it'd have improved ergonomics and other additions LE and military have been requesting to the platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI86teAa4k8
View Quote

This sounds like the PDW stock/receiver upgrades that Forgotten Weapons had talked about in his video.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I got two of my Brens cerakoted in burnt bronze (the FM15s were done in the bright green from multicam with a couple of drops of burnt bronze in the mix).

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

I just want one of the Euro model Bren 2 MS 11”s with the extended handguard and gas system.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:

I just want one of the Euro model Bren 2 MS 11”s with the extended handguard and gas system.
View Quote

Yes please
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#9]
CZ Bren 2 PPS Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) Review

Still no word on getting this on the US commercial market.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By OBXT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRwx0ldsVGQ

Still no word on getting this on the US commercial market.
View Quote

If the DMR comes to market, I will most definitely grab one of those.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#11]
8", 11" or both? Both will be suppressed .really can't decide. I have no 5.56 guns under 10" so this would be new to me, however with scarcity of parts, two is one mantra, and just debating which I should get or pull the trigger on both. Love the 8" form factor and have played with it quite a bit in store but never shot it. 11" is a no brainer when it comes to velocity and less flash over the 8", but adding a can to the 11" with the Bren's long receiver makes it quite lengthy. 11" would get the HBI 10.8 handguard and both would get their gas plugs, if I go the both route. Probably form 1 them immediately upon taking delivery.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:26:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556sniper] [#12]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
8", 11" or both? Both will be suppressed .really can't decide. I have no 5.56 guns under 10" so this would be new to me, however with scarcity of parts, two is one mantra, and just debating which I should get or pull the trigger on both. Love the 8" form factor and have played with it quite a bit in store but never shot it. 11" is a no brainer when it comes to velocity and less flash over the 8", but adding a can to the 11" with the Bren's long receiver makes it quite lengthy. 11" would get the HBI 10.8 handguard and both would get their gas plugs, if I go the both route. Probably form 1 them immediately upon taking delivery.
View Quote

I went the 11" & 8" 'Both' route. Even though they are similar I have each one set up for different purpose. The 11 has the 922r rail 2x Acog and the hbi gas plug to run my nt4 suppressor. The 8 I got strictly as a PDW running Red Dot and Preston Precision bottom rail for the front grip. I do alot of shooting on the move and different positions and this is where the 8 really shines. I also Form 1 each as soon as I got them. Now my new Focus is getting them set up for use with my NODs.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 556sniper:

I went the 11" & 8" 'Both' route. Even though they are similar I have each one set up for different purpose. The 11 has the 922r rail 2x Acog and the hbi gas plug to run my nt4 suppressor. The 8 I got strictly as a PDW running Red Dot and Preston Precision bottom rail for the front grip. I do alot of shooting on the move and different positions and this is where the 8 really shines. I also Form 1 each as soon as I got them. Now my new Focus is getting them set up for use with my NODs.
https://i.imgur.com/QKrjHWz.jpeg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 556sniper:

https://i.imgur.com/QKrjHWz.jpeg
Those look perfect. I think I'm gonna risk the x39 model and grab a 9" x39 and an 11" 5.56. So I'll still get the benefits of the super short platform but also not be below the ragged edge of 5.56. But now I need a 30 cal can.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Hi there,

over here we only get our hands on 16.5 Carbines.
I like to cut it down to 13“ or so.
Are there any informations about the gas ports?
Any experience of you guys who went this route?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Robert
Berlin
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:14:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MyakkaVice] [#15]
Originally Posted By TheGunner:
Hi there,

over here we only get our hands on 16.5 Carbines.
I like to cut it down to 13“ or so.
Are there any informations about the gas ports?
Any experience of you guys who went this route?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Robert
Berlin
View Quote

I'm guessing you would need something like this, but for a 13"

https://europe-outdoor.eu/product/cz-bren-2ms-gas-tube-semi-caliber-556x45-223-rem-11-inch-barrel/

https://europe-outdoor.eu/product/cz-bren-2ms-piston-front-11-inch-14-inch-3720-0260-02nd/
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#16]
So what's the deal with the 14" CZ Bren 2 in 7.62x39?  Does CZ just not make them anymore, and just make the 9" now?  I want an x39 Bren 2, but don't want to go through the SBR process so I'd prefer a 14".  I'm surprised these aren't out in the wild so you can get them and do a p/w to 16".
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#17]
If you really wanted one, you could get a 9" and have mos tek make you a barrel.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:35:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Irk] [#18]
I have an 11" 2s, and a 9" 2Ms, both in 7.62x39. I'm keeping the 2s, selling the 2Ms, but can't decide on which barrel to keep: the 11" or 9". Any recommendations?

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:37:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Really wish I would’ve snagged a BREN 2S when they were available, the 2MS just lacks in comparison. I did purchase a 2MS (14” in 5.56) since the reality is they’ll never import the 2S ever again.

It would be awesome to see the BREN 2BR make it’s way over here, but with the way things have been going with imports lately I don’t see that happening anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:50:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89] [#20]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn, this is exactly what I've been waiting for. My gun still doesn't run correctly with the upgraded cz valve or the hbi valve. Guess we will give this a shot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Just ordered one, my 9" 2S with cz 3 position and hbi spring is still overgassed on low with no can.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Those x39 regulators sold out quick. I was gonna grab one in anticipation for when I get my 9".
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I just said screw it and got a 9" x39.  Guess I'll just SBR it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Attachment Attached File

I need to get better pictures of this rifle
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Those x39 regulators sold out quick. I was gonna grab one in anticipation for when I get my 9".
View Quote

Showing available again.   Just grabbed one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have any feedback one the KNS "Czech valve" yet?
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 4:47:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tfdarchos] [#29]
Originally Posted By yamahawarrior89:
View Quote

Finally had a chance to get out and try it today.
Quick recap, bought 9" 7.62 MS in Feb 2020. Pistol replaced by cz due to ejection issues, replacement had same issues.

New CZ valve, HBI drilling, high load spring and proprietary gas valve all had no change in getting my gun to function properly.

Shot 100rnds today with the KNS valve suppressed with my 30-SDK and am happy to report perfect function with Golden Tiger and Burnaul after adjusting the valve. Recoil impulse was severely reduced as well.

The KNS valve actually let me get a 3 o clock ejection with both types of ammo, where as with all other valves they ejected to the 1 o clock position.

This is obviously only 100 rounds, but it's the first time in  4 years that this gun has actually worked and that I've left the range with smile on my face after shooting it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Tfdarchos:

Quick recap, bought 9" 7.62 MS in Feb 2020. Pistol replaced by cz due to ejection issues, replacement had same issues.

New CZ valve, HBI drilling, high load spring and proprietary gas valve all had no change in getting my gun to function properly.

Shot 100rnds today with the KNS valve suppressed with my 30-SDK and am happy to report perfect function with Golden Tiger and Burnaul after adjusting the valve. Recoil impulse was severely reduced as well.

The KNS valve actually let me get a 3 o clock ejection with both types of ammo, where as with all other valves they ejected to the 1 o clock position.

This is obviously only 100 rounds, but it's the first time in  4 years that this gun has actually worked and that I've left the range with smile on my face after shooting it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tfdarchos:

Awesome, appreciate the feedback! I picked up the same gun in May 2023 but haven't shot it yet. Need to get one of these kns valves and give it a go. Will be shot exclusively suppressed, would like to reduce the gas as much as possible
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

IWA 2024 (basically Euro SHOT Show from what I understand) is coming up soon... wonder if we'll see the 300 BLK Bren 2 there?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Nope, there will be no Bren 2 in .300blk. I guess.
Had the chance to play with one at Shot.
The Bren 3 is on the market for LE/Mil by this year. It will also come in .300blk.
By 2025 the Bren 3 will be ready for the civilien market.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TheGunner:
Nope, there will be no Bren 2 in .300blk. I guess.
Had the chance to play with one at Shot.
The Bren 3 is on the market for LE/Mil by this year. It will also come in .300blk.
By 2025 the Bren 3 will be ready for the civilien market.

Cheers
View Quote

Any word on what the Bren 3 will be doing differently than the Bren 2? The only thing I have heard is "better ergos" but that's it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By UMP45_Enthusiast:

Any word on what the Bren 3 will be doing differently than the Bren 2? The only thing I have heard is "better ergos" but that's it.
View Quote

Hopefully one of the features is that it works...
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By UMP45_Enthusiast:

View Quote

Like I wrote… there are actually only 3 „upgrades“.
The Handguard, the rails for the bolt carrier and the gas port assembly. The lower is the same.
A better grip angle would be nice…but no.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 6:49:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#36]
Why does the euro bren 2 have a longer gas system and longer handguard?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 7:57:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#37]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145358/Screenshot_20230313_093508_Instagram_jpg-3132502.JPG
View Quote

Because they get the good stuff...

It has the same length gas block just a longer regulator (Think Gen 1 HBI handguard) for the longer handguard. I would really like this Euro one.

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By MagnusActual:

Because they get the good stuff...

It has the same length gas block just a longer regulator (Think Gen 1 HBI handguard) for the longer handguard. I would really like this Euro one.

View Quote

Agreed.  That's a really slick looking gun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Good deal on 7.8" handguards at modern warrior with code spring30. I was going to snag their last 10.8" but went oos as I was checking out
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#40]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145358/Screenshot_20230313_093508_Instagram_jpg-3132502.JPG
View Quote

It’s just the euro carbine hand guard on a what looks like an 11 inch barrel .with a gas regulator extension. Gas system is still in normal position.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:

It’s just the euro carbine hand guard on a what looks like an 11 inch barrel .with a gas regulator extension. Gas system is still in normal position.
View Quote

Looks a lot more functional than the sad little handguard we get.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Half ass rapco field drabbed the Bren

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:02:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#43]
removed
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Letting the cans cool off, had to be at an appt soon after

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Looks a lot more functional than the sad little handguard we get.
View Quote

Not really, but whatever floats your boat. The Euro ones are quite a bit heavier, deform easier under rough handling, and are a bigger pain to assemble, mine just sit in boxes.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:25:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

Hopefully one of the features is that it works...
View Quote
Are you referring to the ill fated 7.6x39mm model? I had one that worked perfectly for a few thousand round, then POOOF. I traded it on a 5.56mm version that has been perfect.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:27:56 AM EDT
[#48]
I am not sure if there would be any interest, but I was looking through my "projects box" and found a new acr stock and a bren 2 adapter with it. I had intended to buy a bren 2 but I never got around to it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:49:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89] [#49]
Picked up one of the KNS Czech Valves for the 7.62x39 9" pistol.

The regulator has 3 settings, gas port sizes are:

.059"
.070"
.115"

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

For the vented portion, there are 2 holes, as you adjust it, it closes it off.

Those port sizes are both .039"
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The intermediate piston I guess I'll call it, is sort of vented like a vented AK piston. Those holes are .138" and 180 degrees apart. The top is cone shaped while the stock one is square.
Attachment Attached File

When installed, the vent ports are in the 11, 12, and 1 o'clock positions depending on which setting you choose.Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:52:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89] [#50]
Picked up one of the KNS Czech Valves for the 7.62x39 9" pistol.

The regulator has 3 settings, gas port sizes are:

.059"
.070"
.115"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/372855/IMG_20240331_113548323_jpg-3174573.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/372855/IMG_20240331_113556872_jpg-3174574.JPG

For the vented portion, there are 2 holes, as you adjust it, it closes it off.

Those port sizes are both .039"
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/372855/IMG_20240331_113525813_jpg-3174575.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/372855/IMG_20240331_113812989_jpg-3174576.JPG

The intermediate piston I guess I'll call it, is sort of vented like a vented AK piston. Those holes are .138" and 180 degrees apart. The top is cone shaped while the stock one is square.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/372855/IMG_20240331_113612223_jpg-3174577.JPG

View Quote

The stock valve I have is a revised 3 position version, purchased the gun new in the end of May 2023. The intermediate piston is vented with two .138" holes as well. The fit between the piston and the adjuster is tighter on the stock on compared to the kns. The port sizes are as follows:

.055"
.067"
.071"
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 101 of 102)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top