User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2024 10:13:03 PM EDT
Also placed them and I also need to make it complete

TIA

———-

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:29:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#1]
First one is a German G1 lower.

Second is L1A1 lower. Looks to be UK production.

Barrel assembly is G1 also.
(There's only 1 barrel assembly pictured, right?)
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:43:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PreachermanMATT] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
First one is a German G1 lower.

Second is L1A1 lower. Looks to be UK production.

Barrel assembly is G1 also.
(There's only 1 barrel assembly pictured, right?)
View Quote

2 barrels

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
The bottom one with Kal 7.62 is a G1 barrel and that's a Belgian proof mark (since it was made in Belgium).

Can you post clearer pics of the other one?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Check over at falfiles. Lots of good info there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Think those are both G1 barrels, though I know some other lugged barrels exist, just am not familiar with them.  But with the stamps from first pics, looks Belgian made for the German contract.  

G1 lower, and an L1A1 (inch lower).  So pretty much agreeing with the other poster.  

The G1 barrels might be some of the fairly worn ones where there is so much wear in the gas block/piston situation that you might need to open up the gas port a bit for good operation.  Most that made it to the US were like that.  

Also not the most accurate barrels in my opinion due to the muzzle device mounting method.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PreachermanMATT:
Also placed them and I also need to make it complete

View Quote
"Placed them"?

From the pics, you are missing the pivot pins, handguards, and handguard screws.

Are you trying to make 2 complete rifles?  You have 2 metric barrels, but one metric lower and one inch lower.   The sights on the inch pattern rifles are taller than the metric version, so the inch lower won't just work with one of the metric uppers without at least an metric rear sight.

You are also missing the complete bolt carrier assemblies, charging handles, bolt release, mag catches, top covers, locking shoulders, and related springs.  Basically everything that goes into the missing upper receivers.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top