Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joshua_CapitolArmory:

Yes, eventually.  Vermont is a challenge but we're working on it.
View Quote
Tell me about it. Harder to live here by the year!

Thanks so much for your reply and I'm very glad to hear you haven't given up on us.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:32:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TexCorriente] [#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
3/27 - Ordered can from Griffin via Griffin's website
3/28 - Initial emails received from Cap Armory
4/1 - Completed CA instructions (create a profile etc) and mailed fingerprints, paid tax stamp
4/2 - Received package from Griffin (non-NFA items included with the suppressor purchase like the taper mount)
4/6 - Received email from CA to sign Form 4, completed same day
4/7 - Received email from CA to certify Form 4 submission, completed 4/8
4/10 - Form 4 approved and 4473 submitted

4/17 - 4473 received by CLEO 7 day countdown begins.  Email said it should ship 4/24 that's going to be real close to exactly 1 month from order to receipt
View Quote

This experience was very similar to mine. Purchased 22 March and received today 19 April.

I did do the PrintScan, LLCfingerprint file Verus mailing back prints, so that saved time.  And my CLEO notification went pretty quick.  I did the 4473 and filled i his info in on 03 April and got note of acceptance 11 April

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Received my Nomad L today!  Original order was March 12th.  CA is going to be my go to for suppressors now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:06:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jakezor] [#7]
My timeline thus far:

2024-04-15 ~11:30 purchased DL7 from Griffin
2024-04-17 ~14:30 Griffin updated to "shipped"  fingerprint cards/welcome kit
2024-04-17 ~17:30 Capitol Armory emails for customer profile/fingerprints,etc (check spam folder if 1st time!)
2024-04-17 ~21:30 filled out NFA info on CA Compliance site, Bought stamp from main CA site
2024-04-19 ~17:30 got Griffin Armory packet w/ EZBrake (no shims?), fingerprint kit
2024-04-20 ~10:00 dropped off mailer for prints @ USPS
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Waiting for the Liberty Mystic X to be back in stock.

That said, I assume this is a no, but is it possible to put your physical address on the forms, but have it delivered to my office?  Worst case, I'll just take an afternoon off when it's set to be delivered.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:18:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#9]
Originally Posted By Jakezor:
2024-04-19 ~17:30 got Griffin Armory packet w/ EZBrake (no shims?), fingerprint kit
View Quote
No shims are necessary for the Griffin EZ Brake. It's a 360 deg brake and not timed. Just torque it down (You can fit a socket over the end of it. 5/8 IIRC), check your suppressor alignment and go shoot it.

That's why they call it the EZ Brake.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:24:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#10]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
That said, I assume this is a no, but is it possible to put your physical address on the forms, but have it delivered to my office?  Worst case, I'll just take an afternoon off when it's set to be delivered.
View Quote
I have found that if I'm not home, or if I don't hear the UPS guy when he pulls up, UPS will leave a note on my door, then they will deliver it to the local UPS store the next day (The same place I take my Amazon returns to).  I go there, show my ID and sign for it to pick it up.

That's happened three times for me (I just did it again last week for my Ferox and Turbo K).  You could call your local UPS depot and ask if that is their procedure as well (I assume it's SOP for UPS).
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
I have found that if I'm not home, or if I don't hear the UPS guy when he pulls up, UPS will leave a note on my door, then they will deliver it to the local UPS store the next day (The same place I take my Amazon returns to).  I go there, show my ID and sign for it to pick it up.

That's happened three times for me (I just did it again last week for my Ferox and Turbo K).  You could call your local UPS depot and ask if that is their procedure as well (I assume it's SOP for UPS).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:

If you leave in a safe area, you can leave a note for your UPS driver to authorize the release. My note goes something like this:

UPS:

I, WVUSIG, authorize you to leave the package with tracking number XXXXXXXXXXX here at my door. Please feel free to call me with any questions - XXX-XXX-XXXX

WVUSIG
ADDRESS

SIGNATURE

I never authorize the release of the package through the app or website as this provides for a risk that they leave it at the wrong residence.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:53:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#12]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:

If you leave in a safe area, you can leave a note for your UPS driver to authorize the release. My note goes something like this:

UPS:

I, WVUSIG, authorize you to leave the package with tracking number XXXXXXXXXXX here at my door. Please feel free to call me with any questions - XXX-XXX-XXXX

WVUSIG
ADDRESS

SIGNATURE

I never authorize the release of the package through the app or website as this provides for a risk that they leave it at the wrong residence.
View Quote
That's a good idea! I'm way off the road so porch pirates are not a thing here.

I might do that next time. A lot of times I'm there, but working in the garage or on the property and just don't hear the truck pull up.

That said, taking it to the UPS store is a good policy and I give them kudos for it. I know it's in a secure place and I can pick it up at my convenience. The only drawback is I have to wait an extra day, but in the NFA game an extra day is no big deal.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:28:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jakezor] [#13]
No shims are necessary for the Griffin EZ Brake. It's a 360 deg brake and not timed. Just torque it down (You can fit a socket over the end of it. 5/8 IIRC), check your suppressor alignment and go shoot it.

View All Quotes

Read what you wrote and took another look at it, yes indeed.  I just had glanced at it quick and figured brake needs timing.  

Also, all you guys worried about UPS,  sign up for UPS MyChoice.  It is free and will give you a much better breakdown on when things will be delivered.  Also it gives you the ability to pre-sign/authorize and a chance to pause or reroute deliveries.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Read what you wrote and took another look at it, yes indeed.  I just had glanced at it quick and figured brake needs timing.  

Also, all you guys worried about UPS,  sign up for UPS MyChoice.  It is free and will give you a much better breakdown on when things will be delivered.  Also it gives you the ability to pre-sign/authorize and a chance to pause or reroute deliveries.
View Quote

I use MyChoice as it provides me the tracking number before Capitol Armory does.

However, I would not recommend that anybody pre-signs for their package. This opens you up the opportunity that your package is left at the wrong address. If you leave a note at your residence, this provides for a mitigating control.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:19:43 AM EDT
[#15]

I use MyChoice as it provides me the tracking number before Capitol Armory does.

However, I would not recommend that anybody pre-signs for their package. This opens you up the opportunity that your package is left at the wrong address. If you leave a note at your residence, this provides for a mitigating control.
View All Quotes

Agreed - but also my UPS guy left a large $5000 package on my neighbor’s porch and scrawled that I had signed for it… so you may still have issues.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#16]
So far I have had one suppressor(bought through griffin) delivered and just received tracking for a second last Sunday.  

So far my only gripe is the shipping times of the ffl in my home state.  The last supprrssor, I received tracking on a Sunday, and the it didn’t actually leave my home state ffl until Thursday.  I was in contact with capital on that Wednesday before and they assured me it was at my states ffl and it’s just waiting on them.

Well so far I think it’s happening again.  Still nothing on my latest one that I received tracking on Sunday(I do understand it’s not going to move on Sunday or even possibly that Monday.)  I have this feeling it won’t ship until they feel like doing it.

I did call my home state ffl and they didn’t seem to care much about it, and were actually kind of rude about the fact I even called to see what was up.

And in no way is this a complaint on capital armory.  Everything that involved them was perfect.  (Sandy is the best!!!)  I also understand that capital getting ffls in all the states they did was a huge undertaking so we should be happy that it’s even an option, just wish the one in my particular state would ship a little faster…wait just to wait some more, oh and then wait 1 more week…
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By kirbykid25:
So far I have had one suppressor(bought through griffin) delivered and just received tracking for a second last Sunday.  

So far my only gripe is the shipping times of the ffl in my home state.  The last supprrssor, I received tracking on a Sunday, and the it didn’t actually leave my home state ffl until Thursday.  I was in contact with capital on that Wednesday before and they assured me it was at my states ffl and it’s just waiting on them.

Well so far I think it’s happening again.  Still nothing on my latest one that I received tracking on Sunday(I do understand it’s not going to move on Sunday or even possibly that Monday.)  I have this feeling it won’t ship until they feel like doing it.

I did call my home state ffl and they didn’t seem to care much about it, and were actually kind of rude about the fact I even called to see what was up.

And in no way is this a complaint on capital armory.  Everything that involved them was perfect.  (Sandy is the best!!!)  I also understand that capital getting ffls in all the states they did was a huge undertaking so we should be happy that it’s even an option, just wish the one in my particular state would ship a little faster…wait just to wait some more, oh and then wait 1 more week…
View Quote

I could be wrong. I suspect though, the couple of days where the tracking is dead, is when your can is in transit from CA to your in state dealer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:01:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kirbykid25] [#18]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

I could be wrong. I suspect though, the couple of days where the tracking is dead, is when your can is in transit from CA to your in state dealer.
View All Quotes

I thought the same thing, but per capital, they usually ship the suppressor to your home dealer once the CLEO notice letter is sent(not after the acceptance but when they send the letter to notify of the non over the counter 4473).  That’s what I was told anyways, could be wrong
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

The FFL guy in WV is not exactly diligent in shipping my packages either.

I received an email from CA noting my shipping date was on a Tuesday but noted this was an estimate. I called CA to see if I could get a more definitive date and was told it would definitely ship on Tuesday as my suppressor was already staged in WV. Tuesday came and went and my tracking did not update. Wednesday came and went and it still had not shipped. I reached out to CA and their rep got back to me and said that they spoke with the FFL and it would absolutely ship on Thursday. Thursday came and went and it still had not shipped... I reached out to CA and the CA rep spoke with the WV FFL who assured her he had handed it to UPS. I reached out to UPS to make sure it had not shipped and they confirmed that the FFL had not yet given them the package for shipment . I reached back out to CA and the lady I worked with was very helpful. She upgraded my shipping to overnight so that it would be delivered on Saturday. She also said she spoke to the FFL and he was leaving at that moment to ship the package to me... despite telling her the day before that he had already shipped it.

I have now received 6 packages from CA and 4 of those have went smoothly. My most recent shipment took the FFL a day or two extra to ship. This FFL seems super sketchy and I would prefer not to deal with them, but such is life. I do not like the FFL being less than honest about dropping my package off at UPS.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

It’s two separate shipments. My local dealer is the CA dealer for this area and when I asked about picking it up he said it’s a no go and the suppressor comes with a pre printed label they just slap on the box and send back out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#21]
The 2 cans I bought from Griffin over Black friday just approved(1week apart anpprovsls ) and just need the 4473 completed.  

I since bought a O9K as well as well.  It’s gonna be tough, but I’m gonna hold off for a week in hopes the final can gets approved and lump all 3 into a single 4473,shipment.  

Doesn’t appear batch approvals are happening with a trust with single RP.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Need a Sig Suppressor.
SLH762C-QD or SLX762C-QD

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#23]
got 3 more waiting for the sheriff.  I might go broke with these wait times, 2 day, 5 day, 22 day and my longest was 30 day. coming from 185 days + I can't believe this is the govt actually doing something. now go put my name on some waiting lists for some of the cans I am looking for.  Also CA does the process work the same for your factory SBR?

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#24]
7 days today, since my 4473 was sent to the sheriff, still haven't got the final countdown email.  This is worse than waiting for the Form 4 to get approved.  Doesn't help these two were 24, and 28 hour approvals.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
7 days today, since my 4473 was sent to the sheriff, still haven't got the final countdown email.  This is worse than waiting for the Form 4 to get approved.  Doesn't help these two were 24, and 28 hour approvals.
View Quote

I feel your pain. My form 4 took just under 72hrs and the CLEO notification cleared today at exactly 1 week. 7 more days and it’s fingers crossed UPS doesn’t screw it up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I mailed my print card in, does CA send an email acknowledgement or should I watch the tracking #?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Im waiting for my CLEO to clear.
Its been apprx 7 days.
FFL was only a couple hours away from CLEO.
Not complaining, just data points.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I mailed my print card in, does CA send an email acknowledgement or should I watch the tracking #?
View Quote

I just mailed a card in a week or 2 ago. In your profile page they will update with fingerprints uploaded. There wasn’t any notification I received and it took a couple more days to be able to certify
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:24:05 AM EDT
[#29]
There is a dark side to the faster approvals. It's driving up demand, which means more people!

I've been trying to certify my eF4 for the past 2 mornings and the queue has been 13+ slots and up to 43 minutes. Unfortunately that's the only time I can call during their business hours and having access to my computer. Will try again in the morning. If still backed up, I'll have all day to be on hold next week.

Previous experiences i get the person right away or im 1 or 2 in the queue.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By networkguru:
Im waiting for my CLEO to clear.
Its been apprx 7 days.
FFL was only a couple hours away from CLEO.
Not complaining, just data points.

View Quote

I am now at 10 days for the CLEO confirmation.
Does it take 10 days to mail a letter from Naples to Ft. Lauderdale?
But its not the wait time, its me wondering if the letter is lost.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By A96HondaAccordEX:
There is a dark side to the faster approvals. It's driving up demand, which means more people!

I've been trying to certify my eF4 for the past 2 mornings and the queue has been 13+ slots and up to 43 minutes. Unfortunately that's the only time I can call during their business hours and having access to my computer. Will try again in the morning. If still backed up, I'll have all day to be on hold next week.

Previous experiences i get the person right away or im 1 or 2 in the queue.
View Quote
Yeah, it's getting like when eForm4s started up, all over again.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:36:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#32]

View Quote
Just be patient. Sometimes it takes a while.

CA registered mails it to your CLEO, and the CLEO has to sign for it. CA will email you when this happens. Then it's a 7 day wait after that.

If you don't hear anything in two weeks, give CA a call.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I’m waiting on one right now. I filled out the 4473 on 4/3 and it was 4/23 before I got notification that my CLEO had accepted the notice. I got an email with a tracking number yesterday saying that my can was shipping.

It looks like there’s a lot of lag right now between filling out the 4473 and the notice being mailed out. My last one a couple of months ago didn’t take this long.

CA probably has their hands full.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:47:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sjoerdvan] [#34]
I had the same issue with the CLEO last week. It was  almost at 2 weeks and I emailed CA and they actually reached out to the sheriff and it was corrected the same day for the 7 day count down. This week another notice went out Monday and received the approval for the countdown today. 4 days from mailing to 7 day countdown. Sheriffs on the ball this time. So CA is awesome! Understandably busy but still took the time to do what they did. Customer for life
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Follow-up,  was able to certify my eF4 this morning with no waiting.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:15:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Received a box today from CA with 4 suppressors. Thinking back on the process, it was quite smooth and I would definitely do it again. It's nice to have them direct to my door. It was a bit of a wait from approval to arrival but overall CA makes the process easy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Exetik:
Received a box today from CA with 4 suppressors. Thinking back on the process, it was quite smooth and I would definitely do it again. It's nice to have them direct to my door. It was a bit of a wait from approval to arrival but overall CA makes the process easy.
View Quote
Having UPS drop off a box of cans makes the wait all worth it.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BullpupFan:
Has anyone had multiple items outstanding on DIFFERENT trusts? I noticed (belatedly) that all my info seems tied to the per-item trust I’ve got for the can in progress. Just curious if there would be any hiccups starting another one with a different (also per-item) trust so looking for any BTDTs.
View Quote

@Joshua_CapitolArmory is this possible? I just bought another can after taking UPS delivery of one, so I changed the trust info to the trust for the new can, but I don't see any way I could have multiple orders outstanding unless they were all going to the same trust?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:36:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#39]
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:

I’m waiting on one right now. I filled out the 4473 on 4/3 and it was 4/23 before I got notification that my CLEO had accepted the notice. I got an email with a tracking number yesterday saying that my can was shipping.

It looks like there’s a lot of lag right now between filling out the 4473 and the notice being mailed out. My last one a couple of months ago didn’t take this long.

CA probably has their hands full.
View Quote

I can definitely see a lag between when the actual letter gets mailed out, or when the received notice gets registered and updated in CA's system. They are busy for sure.

I could suggest that the CLEO letter tracking # (is there one?) be made available to the purchaser but then that would probably cause more people calling in. Maybe not.

Would knowing your CLEO notice was received but no update from CA for a week or more be good???
Days can turn to weeks and turn to months if you dont follow up.

When to follow up?

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#40]
@Joshua_CapitolArmory or one of you guys help me ? I cannot upload my picture from my phone to my CA profile and can't figure it out. It's an Android if it helps.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By nomad221:
@Joshua_CapitolArmory or one of you guys help me ? I cannot upload my picture from my phone to my CA profile and can't figure it out. It's an Android if it helps.

Thanks
View Quote
I've always done it on a PC. Take the picture, email it to yourself. Open your email on your PC, download the picture. Upload it to CA's site.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I've always done it on a PC. Take the picture, email it to yourself. Open your email on your PC, download the picture. Upload it to CA's site.
View Quote

Fixed. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#43]
When was the best timeframe to call to certify again?  I know not end of the day if possible.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:21:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: azhunter13] [#44]
When was the best timeframe to call to certify again?  I know not end of the day if possible.
View Quote

I called around noon CST and was first in line. Total call time was 11 minutes
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By azhunter13:

I called around noon CST and was first in line. Total call time was 11 minutes
View Quote

I also called mid day on lunch and didn't have any hold time. Form4 came back in 3 days, this could get expensive
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Just got my shipment notification. Ordered the silencer the evening of 3/30, Form 4 took about 72hrs, CLEO notification/wait period took up the bulk of the time.

Now if UPS can manage to get it the handful of miles from the local ffl to my house I’ll be a happy camper.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#47]
3/27 - Ordered can from Griffin via Griffin's website
3/28 - Initial emails received from Cap Armory
4/1 - Completed CA instructions (create a profile etc) and mailed fingerprints, paid tax stamp
4/2 - Received package from Griffin (non-NFA items included with the suppressor purchase like the taper mount)
4/6 - Received email from CA to sign Form 4, completed same day
4/7 - Received email from CA to certify Form 4 submission, completed 4/8
4/10 - Form 4 approved and 4473 submitted[/i]
4/17 - 4473 received by CLEO 7 day countdown begins.

4/29 - UPS scheduled delivery for today.  

3/27 to 4/29 total.  Pretty sweet system.  Thanks CA!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Was caller #9 at 11am, 20 minutes or so on hold (some of that "music" was awful) and done shortly after that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
View Quote

I am at 5 days, I am not sure whats worse. Months of wait, then a surprise email saying I am allowed to have it, or an email saying you can have it now you have to wait.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:
I am at 5 days, I am not sure whats worse. Months of wait, then a surprise email saying I am allowed to have it, or an email saying you can have it now you have to wait.
View Quote

Personally I think my local SS dealer's slow pace is tougher to swallow - they take good care of me on price and real-life service, but patience on my side is a pre-requisite, so I am - mostly
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top