User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joshua_CapitolArmory:

The end part is USPS being lazy.  The ATF forces this specific procedure (it's dumb and pointless) and doesn't give flexibility.  In fact, they've taken away a lot of it (the flexibility) in an attempt to further their "undue burden" agenda.  Essentially we have to get confirmation of the delivery.  If USPS doesn't do their job, it's like it never was delivered.  We have someone who handles tracking all those down, harassing USPS, calling law enforcement places, and working on it.  

We're on it though, it's not too many of them, but it does rarely happen.
View Quote

Oo I understand. Sandi was awesome and super nice. It was all just a easy experience other then waiting and didn't even have to leave the house.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 6:26:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#3]

I didn't ignore this, I just don't have an answer for you.  They're on order and all that--- I just cant get a great ETA on them.
View Quote
OK, thanks for the reply anyway.

Edit, Less than a week later: Just got a notification that the Fly 9 is back in stock this morning. Immediately ordered one and had the F4 Docusigned by this afternoon. Going by past purchases, I'll probably get the F4 certified and submitted tomorrow.    
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]
The CLEO in your area has accepted notice of the Non-Over-The-Counter transaction and the seven-day waiting period begins now.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Nice. On the downhill slide.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:03:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:

You could’ve just had cards done and sent the to CA where they’d digitize them.
View Quote

had another can somewhere else and they wanted the digital file too. so killed 2 birds and all.
just a weird cluster to get it done.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:56:42 AM EDT
[#7]
IME, Capitol Armory has good selection, good prices, and prompt processing.   Can't beat it!
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Just asked the secretaries what they do with those letters notifying LEO of a suppressor being mailed to a residence in their county. They throw them in a pile most likely to be shredded at some time. She said they have no idea what to do with them. She asked me why my drivers license copy was on the paperwork. I said notify them to send me my dang suppressors.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
Just asked the secretaries what they do with those letters notifying LEO of a suppressor being mailed to a residence in their county. They throw them in a pile most likely to be shredded at some time. She said they have no idea what to do with them. She asked me why my drivers license copy was on the paperwork. I said notify them to send me my dang suppressors.
View Quote

Government ID was required IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]
OCM5s and Polonium Ks are both on the way!  They should be back in soon.

Give us a call if you want to set up a preorder over the phone to be first in line.
View Quote

@Joshua_CapitolArmory

Thanks man! I called and got my order in this morning! I currently have 6 cans in que at Capitol Armory awaiting the Crown's approval going back to March of this year.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 7:25:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#11]
Just bought a 3rd AAC from Capitol, super simple as always.

I finally got the software to view my original EFTs. Turns out the original creator I paid to have them made didn’t put all my info on them. They left off middle name, SSN, and my address. Reached out to Capitol’s customer service. Explained the situation since I have 2 in jail with them at around 4-5 months that I used the incomplete EFT for. They had caught the other peoples mistake before submission. Fixed and completed the EFT before submission and even offered to send me the correct one they created via email.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 9:01:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Captain92] [#12]
Got everything set up for a paper form 4 submission Polonium. I chose that route vs eForms after reading the emails they sent explaining not a lot of difference in time of approval etc, I can't remember all the details, but satisfied w going paper.

I'll get a couple more in que as funds allow, am eyeballing a Lux 30 cal.

Their process was outstanding, professional, all docs came in via email telling me exactly what to do. Funny thing is I noticed the dealer/FFL they use here in NC is the same SOT I have been using for years to buy from. Using this process w CA, I will save a couple hours one way commute in terrible Charlotte traffic, and 3/4 a day wasted to pick it up once approved, vs maybe a few days longer at the end to get to my door. WIN/WIN!
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Captain92:
Got everything set up for a paper form 4 submission Polonium. I chose that route vs eForms after reading the emails they sent explaining not a lot of difference in time of approval etc, I can't remember all the details, but satisfied w going paper.
View Quote
How does the paper process work, as far as completing the paperwork with them?

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#14]
First time CA customer back in Dec 2022. The transaction went so smoothly I bought a few more over a few months. Got a batch approval on 6/27. Super exciting since it took just barely 6 months for the oldest one. A few observations.

When I bought mine, there are multiple shipping options such as USPS but CA clearly states they'll ship it only UPS once you get the approval. Maybe they've removed the unnecessary options in checkout by now.

Filled out the 4473 but I have a unique situation with that. Sandi took care of it and I got notified they sent notice to CLEO on 7/1. So far that's where we are currently at. Haven't got notify of recipient yet.

One thing I thought was very weird. I had to provide the location of my CLEO in my residential county on the 4473.  They only have the CLEO on file for whomever they need to notify for the eForm 4. Unfortunately different county.
So I googled my county's Sheriff. Based on the county's web page, copied the address there, which I think is the city hall. There are multiple precincts listed though.

In my experience doing local 4473, I've never did this before. I would think this part will be provided by CA's local ffl site.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Captain92] [#16]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
How does the paper process work, as far as completing the paperwork with them?

View Quote

Easy as pie. All the emails with docusign had instructions. You create an account, upload print eft, photo. They take care of it. Get updates on the way on the account t and by email. Plus, they are right there if you need help by phone or have a question. Ill buy more from them as time goes on.

Plus...you got Joshua right here too in this thread. I wish them nothing but the best and as I said, CA will be pretty much my go to for can purchases at this point.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#18]

...and I don't even charge for autographs and high-fives.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Captain92:
Plus...you got Joshua right here too in this thread.

...and I don't even charge for autographs and high-fives.  

My man! Here is a high five! 🤚
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#19]
The bad thing about capitol armory....is well they make me go broke....thats all I can say about that. they are the nicest people I have dealt with in the NFA world..

I got another can in my cart right now...
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:49:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#20]
Originally Posted By rmdye:
The bad thing about capitol armory....is well they make me go broke....thats all I can say about that. they are the nicest people I have dealt with in the NFA world..

I got another can in my cart right now...
View Quote
LOL. Yeah, they make it too easy.

I've got another can purchased direct from the mfg (a brand CA doesn't stock) and transferring through my local SOT dealer now. I forgot what a PITA that is compared to buying from CA.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Glad to read all this thread...   I just decided last week to go the Capitol Armory route.  I live between several suppressor dealers, and used one in Asheville NC for my two cans about 5 years ago.  I had a GREAT (could not have been better) experience, but referred a friend there last year and he had an absolutely terrible experience-not being able to reach them, no contact, had to call them to find out the stamps were ready, loud music being played in the store every time he was there, etc.  I was prepared to use one in Hickory NC or Taylorsville NC but for issues with friends buying from them, I was determined to try something else.  Started the process on a Yurbo T K-RB last Friday, 8-11-23.  Still need to complete my profile and get my pic uploaded.

Looking forward to hopefully a short wait and good experience!
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Sheepdogleader:
Glad to read all this thread...   I just decided last week to go the Capitol Armory route.  I live between several suppressor dealers, and used one in Asheville NC for my two cans about 5 years ago.  I had a GREAT (could not have been better) experience, but referred a friend there last year and he had an absolutely terrible experience-not being able to reach them, no contact, had to call them to find out the stamps were ready, loud music being played in the store every time he was there, etc.  I was prepared to use one in Hickory NC or Taylorsville NC but for issues with friends buying from them, I was determined to try something else.  Started the process on a Yurbo T K-RB last Friday, 8-11-23.  Still need to complete my profile and get my pic uploaded.

Looking forward to hopefully a short wait and good experience!
View Quote
Welcome to Easy Mode.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I just received my Dead Air Nomad-30 from Capitol Armory and absolutely recommend them. It had been well over a decade since I had dealt with any NFA items. I found it refreshing how easy Capitol Armory made to place an order, establish a NFA trust and make my way through all the paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 4:07:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#25]
Would be a lot easier if suppressors went off the NFA or the NFA just went away.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#26]
I didn't receive it to my residence, but it was shipped to a receiving store just a few miles/minutes away.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Got my first approval yesterday and filled out the 4473 paperwork this AM. Eager to finish this one out. So far, so good.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Got my first approval yesterday and filled out the 4473 paperwork this AM. Eager to finish this one out. So far, so good.
View Quote

You should have it in a month give or take travel time from TX to your local Capitol “branch” so to speak. For whatever reason the LEO form turnaround on my most recent acquisition was just longer than last time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Embittered:

You should have it in a month give or take travel time from TX to your local Capitol “branch” so to speak. For whatever reason the LEO form turnaround on my most recent acquisition was just longer than last time.
View Quote

Mine seemed to take a really long time as well but I can't truly nail down when my CLEO notification was sent as I kept getting random emails over the span of a few weeks telling me my CLEO notification was just sent. That and CA seems to be having massive issues with their Tools site to the point I have no idea where my approved suppressors are in their journey from approval to shipped.

So from the earliest email, I believe mine took 11 days USPS First Class from CA in TX to my CLEO in WV. However, I ordered a part from CA and it was shipped first class and it took just a few days to get here. Makes no sense.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:

Mine seemed to take a really long time as well but I can't truly nail down when my CLEO notification was sent as I kept getting random emails over the span of a few weeks telling me my CLEO notification was just sent. That and CA seems to be having massive issues with their Tools site to the point I have no idea where my approved suppressors are in their journey from approval to shipped.

So from the earliest email, I believe mine took 11 days USPS First Class from CA in TX to my CLEO in WV. However, I ordered a part from CA and it was shipped first class and it took just a few days to get here. Makes no sense.
View Quote

So I biffed it and didn’t do the 4473 til the next day, but it still took several days after that to get the 4473 sent. It was 8 calendar days from then to CLEO acceptance. Approx two weeks from that day to delivery or almost exactly a calendar month from approval.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:35:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Embittered:

So I biffed it and didn’t do the 4473 til the next day, but it still took several days after that to get the 4473 sent. It was 8 calendar days from then to CLEO acceptance. Approx two weeks from that day to delivery or almost exactly a calendar month from approval.
View Quote

I received an email this evening that my can now has CLEO acceptance after 13 days.

I was under the impression I had to use my local CLEO on the 4473 so I submitted a CLEO that was not in the drop down. I did choose the CLEO from the drop down on my most recent 4473 on 08/24, so we will see if that one is any quicker.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#32]
With the Form 4, the ATF lets us pick the CLEO and offers a large list.

With the 4473, they have, in writing, rules that say virtually the same.  However, in reality they DEMAND the customer picks it, and they say the customer can only pick from a couple of the half-dozen or more options.  It's incredibly frustrating and makes no sense, but the ATF changed the rules and is forcing it to be that way.  

Two different processes with CLEOs, not exactly related.  The ATF is more relaxed about the Form 4, but they are nightmarishly difficult about the 4473 side of things.
View Quote

Not sure I understand this.  I did my first one a couple of months ago, and the only option in the drop down for the 4473 CLEO was for a completely different county than I live in.  It didn’t seem like it was a state CLEO either, just a county sheriff.  I manually entered the info for my CLEO, which I thought was correct.  Are you saying that I have to use the drop down selection for the 4473, even though it’s not the right one?  That doesn’t sound right.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#33]

I received an email this evening that my can now has CLEO acceptance after 13 days.

I was under the impression I had to use my local CLEO on the 4473 so I submitted a CLEO that was not in the drop down. I did choose the CLEO from the drop down on my most recent 4473 on 08/24, so we will see if that one is any quicker.
View Quote

I received an email from Rita last evening that my 3rd CLEO notification was delivered in 2 business days. So, absolutely, choose the recommended CLEO from the drop down. It's a difference between 13 days to 2 days for me in delivery.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#34]
I believe Josh earlier commented in the thread strongly recommending selecting their drop down choice. I did and will let y’all know how it goes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

Not sure I understand this.  I did my first one a couple of months ago, and the only option in the drop down for the 4473 CLEO was for a completely different county than I live in.  It didn’t seem like it was a state CLEO either, just a county sheriff.  I manually entered the info for my CLEO, which I thought was correct.  Are you saying that I have to use the drop down selection for the 4473, even though it’s not the right one?  That doesn’t sound right.
View Quote

Just from my experience:

My CLEO on the drop down, the only option, was a state CLEO. I would recommend using the recommended CLEO as it seems to be much faster -- see my experience above.

I previously read on here that you have to choose the CLEO that you would receive if you were to call 911 so that is what I did -- I entered in a new CLEO and it took nearly 2 weeks for delivery. On the next CLEO 4473, I chose the state CLEO from the drop down and it took 2 business days.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Just from my experience:

My CLEO on the drop down, the only option, was a state CLEO. I would recommend using the recommended CLEO as it seems to be much faster -- see my experience above.

I previously read on here that you have to choose the CLEO that you would receive if you were to call 911 so that is what I did -- I entered in a new CLEO and it took nearly 2 weeks for delivery. On the next CLEO 4473, I chose the state CLEO from the drop down and it took 2 business days.
View Quote

From my memory, the only option in my drop down menu wasn’t a state CLEO for Florida.  Hence my question.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#38]
well damn, i filled out my CLEO last week and didn’t use the drop-down option, as wasn’t my county. guess i know now for the future!
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Guess I’m lucky.  Three months ago, I filled in my actual CLEO (sheriff) instead of using the drop down, and it was only 2 1/2 weeks from ATF approval to can in hand.  One week for 4473 to arrive at CLEO, 7 day CLEO wait, and 2 day shipping after the 7 days expired.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:32:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WVUSIG] [#40]
The stuff on the Form 4 regarding CLEO is completely different than the 4473.  Two entirely different things.  

The short(er) answer is with the 4473, the ATF keeps changing their mind.  
They previously allowed between a half-dozen and a dozen people.
Then they said "no, we decided only head of state police, sheriff, or chief, even though procedure says otherwise."
Then they said we can't pick or assist, only the client can choose their CLEO.
Then it was "But the customer can only pick the police chief or Sheriff."
Then it was "The head of state police is cool, but only if the customer does it. Kind of."

The ATF is making it difficult, and the "rules" aren't really what the law is.  Trust me, it would be so much easier if we could just pick someone who had a good USPS person and call it a day.  Same thing that is going on with all the other aspects of the firearm industry... let's make it harder for people to get guns without actually doing anything to make the world safer.

Regarding the shipping times to the CLEO.  The issue is they have to provide a receipt of delivery.  It's not so much an accessory package took 3 days and a letter took 13, as it is said letter may have been mailed 2-4 times and arrived each time, but USPS failed to do their job and provide us a receipt.  I understand the tracking aspect and not knowing exactly where something is can be frustrating, but you aren't alone.  I'm in the same boat.  We have folks who spend all day, every day, tracking letters, making calls to CLEOs, arguing with USPS reps, resending letters, etc.  

Their job is to make those CLEO notices happen.  It may be resending half a dozen times, or it may be going after a specific USPS branch that isn't doing their job properly.  The focus is to get that part done so we can move forward with shipping.   If there aren't any updates on the profile, there aren't really any good updates to give- but that doesn't mean it's not being actively worked on.
View Quote

Choosing the recommended CLEO from the drop down was absolutely the way to go for me.

The issue I am experiencing with the profile site is the orders aren't updating after they hit the Pending ATF 4473 section. For instance, I currently have 5 cans that are Pending CLEO Hold per Sandi that are still in the Pending ATF 4473. Sandi has sent this issue to IT twice, but no fix yet.

BTW, Sandi is awesome and provides really great customer service.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:47:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Embittered] [#41]

The issue I am experiencing with the profile site is the orders aren't updating after they hit the Pending ATF 4473 section. For instance, I currently have 5 cans that are Pending CLEO Hold per Sandi that are still in the Pending ATF 4473. Rita has sent this issue to IT twice, but no fix yet.
View Quote

I noticed this the other day. Can’t say I’m regularly on the tools. domain, but when I was doing CLEO for this most recent can I did see that both it and the prior can that I had already received were in the same status.

Yeah, I should have more cans in Approved and Shipped, but have none. They are still Pending CLEO though prior sequential statuses are reflected accurately.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:59:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: twistid1] [#42]
I have a few cans from CA, mailing to your home is nice although it wasn't very upfront that they delay mailing your can until after the Leo has acknowledged receipt of notification letter.

My cans were "delayed" because the Cleo never acknowledged the Cleo notification letter and ca said they have to mail a new Cleo notification letter. Never bought a suppressor that required confirmation from the Cleo before they would send a can that's already been approved and paid for.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By twistid1:
I have a few cans from CA, mailing to your home is nice although it wasn't very upfront that they delay mailing your can until after the Leo has acknowledged receipt of notification letter.

My cans were "delayed" because the Cleo never acknowledged the Cleo notification letter and ca said they have to mail a new Cleo notification letter. Never bought a suppressor that required confirmation from the Cleo before they would send a can that's already been approved and paid for.
View Quote

it’s annoying, yes, but is required per ATF rule for non over the counter 4473’s.  another week or three is t that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#44]
@Joshua_CapitolArmory

When ordering stuff other than silencers from y’all like factory SBRs or even non-nfa firearms like receivers. Can they still be shipped to your door?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

My last can from Bushmaster took 21 days for the Form 3 to my dealer to be approved, somewhere around 25 days total to be delivered to my local SOT. Close to a month total before I mailed off the Form 4.

I’ve seen others complain about Silencer Shop/slow SS dealers/Form 3s taking 30-60 days total before they actually certify and submit their Form 4.

There is none of that other stuff with Capitol. Just the ATF required CLEO confirmation on the backside.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:19:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#46]

View Quote

I have one that was approved on Wednesday that’s waiting on me to fill out the 4473. I travel for work and I’m not quite sure when I’ll be home. Im hedging my bets and waiting a couple of weeks before I fill out the 4473.

I have 2 more cans pending and I’ve seriously considered just waiting until at least one more gets approved before I fill out the 4473.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 8:55:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WVUSIG] [#47]
Does Capitol Armory ship from their headquarters on the 7th day after CLEO notification verification or do they ship from the in-state affiliate? If from headquarters, perhaps an option to speed up the process would be to ship the NFA items to the affiliate upon approval and the affiliate ships 7 days after CLEO notification. For customers across the country from Capitol Armory, this would shave off 2 - 3 days on shipping.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Glocked:
@Joshua_CapitolArmory

When ordering stuff other than silencers from y'all like factory SBRs or even non-nfa firearms like receivers. Can they still be shipped to your door?
View Quote
I'm not Joshua, but I asked this somewhere and it appears that the answer is no. The the special Mother May I from the ATF for the direct ship only applies to suppressors.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top