Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2024 2:37:11 AM EDT
I am looking to get an 80% from someone that has Balimoy markings on it and I would like to make it seem like an old Balimoy lower converted to an M4A1.  The photos I've seen of lowers converted by the Army appear to have the Xs on the "Burst" markings and old model markings, plus the new model and "Auto" markings, done with a laser engraver and left in the white. The machining of the Balimoy's "Auto" marking so that the "Burst" marking could be engraved in its place also seems to have been left in the white.

I would like to have the person with the lower engrave these markings onto the lower for a build but I am wondering if, after I finish it out and have it Cerakoted, if it is possible to do leave these areas in the white in the process, or should I have it Cerakoted and then have these engravings done (although the oval-shaped removal of the "Auto" marking is already there)?  

If anyone here has done a clone of a Balimoy lower I am also curious as to what color or combination of colors was used to finish it.  I believe the anodizing is a shade of grey but I've seen comments that it's a bit different from the greys usually seen on older military ARs.  Of course, if I could get it anodized grey I'd go that route but it doesn't seem to be a service offered right now, so Cerakote seems to be the best option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top