Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2024 7:20:09 PM EDT
Due to life circumstances I need to move several individually owned SBR’s that are on Form 1’s to my trust.  I have multiple questions related to this.  Yes, I know each one will incur a $200 fee.  I have been diagnosed with cancer and while treatment is ongoing, my guess is that I only have months to go and definitely less than a year.  I have an existing trust with me as the only Responsible Person, in which everything will be left to my wife.  When she goes, everything will go to my son, who is currently under 21.  There are other NFA items currently in the trust.  
Background:  I have one individual SBR that was my first, that was done on a paper Form 1 and several “braced pistols” that were done on eForm 1’s.

•Can I move these to the trust on eForm 4’s?
•On the one paper form 1 where I was the manufacture of the SBR, would I enter my information in section 4h of the form 4, similar to section 4h of the form 1?
•On the braced pistols, the original manufacture would appear under 4a and would 4h stay blank since that info is already listed in 4a?
•Anything else I need to know for filling out a form 4 versus a form 1, since I never done an individual form 4?  

As you can imagine, this is a stressful time and any guidance and advice that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume you can just do a Form 4 for each item.  It's intrastate.

And God bless you and yours.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't even worry about it. Leave it to her in a will. It will transfer to her free on a Form 5.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:15:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flcracker] [#3]
Could it all be left to the trust in a will and transfer via a Form 5?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SCARed:
Don't even worry about it. Leave it to her in a will. It will transfer to her free on a Form 5.
View Quote

This is my understanding based on reading similar questions here over the years.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:24:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top