Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2024 3:45:05 PM EDT
Looking to see if anyone else has seen a cracked forcing come on a Ruger GP 100 357 mag!  We have a 'rental' handgun at our range that had an issue recently with the cylinder not closing.  Opon inspection, I saw that the forcing cone had a crack in the lower part.  While this is a range rental handgun, it has only had factory ammo shot through it.  No reloaded ammo!!!!  Yes 38 specials, during some training classes and both 38 and 357 mag during rentals.
The pistol went back to Ruger for repairs, and we are waiting to see what they find.
I have a 'couple' Ruger revolvers myself and have never seen a cracked forcing cone.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#1]
MVS range has rentals? Didn’t realize that, but of course I was always shooting with James from Valley Armory

Never seen a cone crack before either, that’s crazy!
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes there are 18 handguns in the rental program and one Ruger AR 5.56.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I've see a couple other posts about GP-100s with cracked forcing cones.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it's not unheard of
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, we got the Ruger GP 100 back from Ruger!  It was only gone for 10 days!! Good turn around in my book.  They replaced the barrel, polished the action and test fired it.  It not only looks good, but the action is smooth and it shoots very good.
I am good with the service that we received with this firearm.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#7]
@Chase45 - know where you can get a great price on a Ruger rental...
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Not for sale!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AkBearcat:
Looking to see if anyone else has seen a cracked forcing come on a Ruger GP 100 357 mag!  We have a 'rental' handgun at our range that had an issue recently with the cylinder not closing.  Opon inspection, I saw that the forcing cone had a crack in the lower part.  While this is a range rental handgun, it has only had factory ammo shot through it.  No reloaded ammo!!!!  Yes 38 specials, during some training classes and both 38 and 357 mag during rentals.
The pistol went back to Ruger for repairs, and we are waiting to see what they find.
I have a 'couple' Ruger revolvers myself and have never seen a cracked forcing cone.
View Quote

Yes

I cracked mine a few years ago.

Pissed me off, because I sold a nice ( fragile?)S&W 19 and got it because it's "rugged"  LOL

Ruger took great care of me, pre-paid shipping label, and promptly replaced the barrel.

I ended up selling it

Ruger GP100 4.2" 90 yard steel

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top