Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2024 11:15:57 PM EDT
I have a Ronin Task Force belt I love.  I am waiting to get my hands on the new Agilite belt, but while I wait, what is the go-to belt that is comparable or BETTER than the ronin?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Mech belt is tough to beat for an inner outer combo.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I like my BFG CHLK
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:08:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Esstac bro.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 4:40:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Axl
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 7:56:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Those velcro hybrid belts are popular with the trunk monkey crowd.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
Axl
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Really like the Blue Alpha molle offering
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Medicin3Man:
I have a Ronin Task Force belt I love.  I am waiting to get my hands on the new Agilite belt, but while I wait, what is the go-to belt that is comparable or BETTER than the ronin?
View Quote

The AWS SMU belt is nice. IIRC they are they source for Ronin belts.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:
Mech belt is tough to beat for an inner outer combo.
View Quote

This. Just ordered a new one. 4 inches smaller than the last.

There's only so much adjustability. Pros are the webbing is on the inside, and Velcro d in with one wrap. Outside the belt is slick. Plus, the belt adjusts ever time it's put on. Never too loose or too tight. You're not going to be the same size every day, and adjusting anything else is basically a PITA.

Best duty belt I have ever owned by far.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't see them mentioned a lot, but I really like Volund gear works. They make a very basic belt thats great, and affordable at $60. They also make more gucci versions that have molle if you want that.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the AWS and really live it.  But to be honest the new Agelite Magnetic belt looks pretty nice.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Trex speed belt is a bit more convenient than most other designs, it lets you adjust the fit on the fly. It’ll accept most molle attachments, but I lean towards onewrap for mounting pouches.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:53:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#13]
I've got a Blue Alpha 1.75" with their EDC inner belt and I love it. I wear my coyote one M-F, and I've got another multicam one for SWAT that I leave a dropped QLS receiver on to clear my plate carrier.

I got the slick ones because OneWrap is better. Mine have the aluminum buckle with the D-ring.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:29:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:37:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a blue alpha non molle. one wrap mafia checking in. I dont have any of the new plastic wonder belts.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 3:08:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#17]
Just asking, but what is the purpose of a "War Belt"?  Mission drives equipment, I reckon.

A few of observations on linked items:

1) Never seen any kind of gear-bearing belt which was not considerably improved by some sort of "Low-Profile" suspenders.  Low-cost ATS Suspenders   come to mind, but other mfrs/vendors available.   Can be worn under PC/body armor or on top.

2) I remain skeptical of long-term durability of Hypalon material.  Only time and abuse will tell.

3) Plastic cobra buckles cost less and weigh less than metal units.  Won't bear a great amount of weight, so a trade-off.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Not new but comfortable. I tried the new slimmer war belts and they just don’t work for me.

You’ will need one of each.

https://www.vikingtactics.com/shop/vtac-battle-belt/

https://www.vikingtactics.com/shop/vtac-cobra-belt/

I wear size 33 pants and I got the large in both.

Suspenders are great like the person above suggested.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:29:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runguns] [#19]
I'm very interested in the battle belt that Agilite just debuted at Shot 2024.

Magnetix
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Horned_Toad:

The AWS SMU belt is nice. IIRC they are they source for Ronin belts.
View Quote

I really like my AWS SMU.  They run sales frequently that make them even more attractive.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 7:11:52 AM EDT
[#21]
AWS SMU is my go to!
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I was kinda surprised to see no one chimed in with the Ferro Bison belt yet.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I have the kore battle belt. I like it, it works, easy, I only larp in it, and use it for range stuff, carry extra mags on me. which is convenient  

im not playing helicopter and need that type of fall protection other belts offer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:
I was kinda surprised to see no one chimed in with the Ferro Bison belt yet.
View Quote

The bison is my second favorite
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I use a Kore 5 days a week, I did pair it with a Wilder Tactical padded belt that I use a piece of Velcro on to turn it into an inner belt.

I also use an HRT Tetris set up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

The bison is my second favorite
View Quote

I have the bison belt and it’s super light
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Aside from purpose-made "Gaming" belts (and there is a use for such, within "Gaming" constraints), I'm more inclined towards other belts and load carriage systems which have much wider applications while still being applicable to "Gaming".

It's true that components attached to "Gaming" belts can be re-purposed onto other platforms, the fairly narrow "Gaming" belt itself not so much.  Most "Gaming" belts carry little, and for a relatively short duration.

"Gaming" firearms sports "may" be useful in acquiring useful tactical "real world" skills, but more often than not evolve into skills and equipment that are counterproductive as regards "real-world" tactics and equipment and personal skills.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By GrizzlyAdams:
Esstac bro.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top