Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

DA Sierra 5 Issues Thread (Page 43 of 43)
Page / 43
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]
^^^Yea...thats not good.  

I took mine off my goto primary rifle......took advantage of the short approvals and got a better can for the job.  I just could never trust the S5 100%.......    

S5 will have to go on something that just doesn't see as much action.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Did DA give anyone else grief about wanting to return their RMA to a FFL?

Not sure why they won't return it unless I go through a FFL but this seems retarded and going to cost me money to get it back.  

I wasn't going to post this here because I thought it HAD to be some sort of misunderstanding but we are a few emails back and forth each way on this now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#4]
That is what I was expecting.  It has to be some sort of misunderstanding but we have gone back and forth a few times and I don't get what they want.  

Never done a RMA with them so figured I'd ask here to see what y'all had to do.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
The silencer has to go back to where it came from. Did an FFL ship it to them for repair or did you ship it to them directly?  
View Quote

I shipped it to them myself from the same address I want them to ship it back to.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:13:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#8]
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Yeah, that's how it is supposed to go. Dead Air can't legally ship to a dealer in this case because the dealer never had it the first place. I'd push this up their management chain.
View Quote

This^

Either they are confused or the person you are conversing with is stupid. With the amount of silencers they are getting in to repair and having to ship back out, you would think they would be well versed in the legalities.

"we have gone back and forth a few times and I don't get what they want"
Can you sanitize the email and post what they are saying specifically about shipping to a random ffl?
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 6:09:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Alright so a couple more back and forth and they are saying because my LLC owns it they will only return it to me if it goes to a FFL/SOT or if I Form 4 it to myself personally.

I suppose I should have taken Griffin up on their offer or sent it to ECCO.  

I asked to speak with someone else.  At this point I wish they would just buy it back from me.  This is stupid.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]
LLC is really no different than a trust owning it.  Pretty sure they are shipping trust-owned cans back to their owners.  Head scratcher.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea, that is my understanding so I asked to speak with someone else.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JTX23:
Alright so a couple more back and forth and they are saying because my LLC owns it they will only return it to me if it goes to a FFL/SOT or if I Form 4 it to myself personally.

I suppose I should have taken Griffin up on their offer or sent it to ECCO.  

I asked to speak with someone else.  At this point I wish they would just buy it back from me.  This is stupid.
View Quote

Yea…would be nice if they bought these things back….
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like I'm squared away now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#16]
What a shit show

Both of my cans are on a trust, they were sent to KGM by me, and returned directly to me

Not sure why a LLC would be any different
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 797hp:
What a shit show

Both of my cans are on a trust, they were sent to KGM by me, and returned directly to me

Not sure why a LLC would be any different
View Quote

exactly this with my experience from a wolfman last year that needed repair. it’s on a trust.
dropped off to fedex, even tho KGM is 20min drive away and then returned to my door.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Did it go directly to Norcross, or did it go via D A home office?
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Mine's still going strong post-fix.  My normal being able to shoot mass quantities of ammo whenever I want vaporized in March so I haven't put a ton of rounds on it since.  Did a bit of an experiment and lifted my head off the cheek weld while shooting.  Sounded damn fine honestly but no better than my Flow 762.  Regardless, I have a Haynes 282 version of the Radical Defense CS3 in time out as a hard use duty suppressor.  Same weight, far, far less back pressure, lower DB's and the same length.  Once I get a chance to put more rounds through it, I'll pull the mount and take photos of the updated baffle.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:49:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#20]
put another 60 on FA through mine today (11.5 host)

mine had the small chip on the clipping of the blast baffle. it still is there. no additional erosion. probably 4-500 rounds through it. all FA.

ill try to keep updating this thread if i remember.

Edit:
Hopefully you can zoom in and see the damage on the clipping of the blast baffle. I need to pay attention to see if it's getting bigger or not.

Page / 43
Next Page Arrow Left
DA Sierra 5 Issues Thread (Page 43 of 43)
Top Top