Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2024 4:05:04 AM EDT
I contacted the NFA branch to inquire about what info they wanted and where to send the letter to remove a factory SBR from the registry. Long story short I was instructed to send an email with the information they requested. I did that. I also asked if they would remove the Form3 from my ATF eforms account. They never addressed the question. and I havent heard shit back from them (big surprise). So, I wanted to see if any other 07/02s have gone through this, and did the eform3 for the removed NFA item get removed from your eform3 "Inventory"? I want to be able to transfer this lower as a Title 1, but I am hesitant to do so until the form3 is removed. Any info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:03:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DogtownTom] [#1]
Originally Posted By rattleakak:
I contacted the NFA branch to inquire about what info they wanted and where to send the letter to remove a factory SBR from the registry.
View Quote

ATF will not remove the entry in the NFA Registry, just make the notation that the firearm is no longer in SBR configuration.

Long story short I was instructed to send an email with the information they requested. I did that.
View Quote

ATF isn't known for their communication skills.

I also asked if they would remove the Form3 from my ATF eforms account.
View Quote

A Form 3 to another FFL/SOT that you prepared? If so you just delete that.

They never addressed the question. and I havent heard shit back from them (big surprise). So, I wanted to see if any other 07/02s have gone through this, and did the eform3 for the removed NFA item get removed from your eform3 "Inventory"? I want to be able to transfer this lower as a Title 1, but I am hesitant to do so until the form3 is removed. Any info would be appreciated.
View Quote

If you are referring to the Form 3 that allowed the tax free transfer to you.........you nor ATF can delete that because that was required under federal law.
Same with your eForms "inventory", it remains on that list because it was transferred to you via a Form 3.

As far as ATF removing firearms from an SOT's "inventory"?

When Shadow Ops Weaponry went bankrupt in 2015, the Bankruptcy Court ordered their inventory sold at auction. I had a customer buy a silencer from that auction. The nitwit Colorado FFL that was chosen to transfer the NFA firearms managed to ship to the wrong address and it was returned to him. I never received it. But guess what? ATF had approved the Form 3 to me. It took five years, two local IOI's, around twenty emails to NFA Branch and it was removed from my inventory in 2020.

Sometime this winter it reappeared in my eForm inventory. Magical.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:55:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

ATF will not remove the entry in the NFA Registry, just make the notation that the firearm is no longer in SBR configuration.

ATF isn't known for their communication skills.

A Form 3 to another FFL/SOT that you prepared? If so you just delete that.

If you are referring to the Form 3 that allowed the tax free transfer to you.........you nor ATF can delete that because that was required under federal law.
Same with your eForms "inventory", it remains on that list because it was transferred to you via a Form 3.

As far as ATF removing firearms from an SOT's "inventory"?

When Shadow Ops Weaponry went bankrupt in 2015, the Bankruptcy Court ordered their inventory sold at auction. I had a customer buy a silencer from that auction. The nitwit Colorado FFL that was chosen to transfer the NFA firearms managed to ship to the wrong address and it was returned to him. I never received it. But guess what? ATF had approved the Form 3 to me. It took five years, two local IOI's, around twenty emails to NFA Branch and it was removed from my inventory in 2020.

Sometime this winter it reappeared in my eForm inventory. Magical.
View Quote

Thank you for the detailed response, I sincerely appreciate it
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I would print that email off and have a hard copy handy for when the ATF visits. The NFA records are not always accurate.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
I would print that email off and have a hard copy handy for when the ATF visits. The NFA records are not always accurate.
View Quote

Absolutely, already did.
Top Top