BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Those pics are terrible

Way Under exposed, thing looks black and no detail
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:57:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got one that came with a a Howco import Para FAL sold the rifle forgot about
the bayonet when I sold it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 3:38:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigstick61] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DumpTruck33:
I've got one that came with a a Howco import Para FAL sold the rifle forgot about
the bayonet when I sold it.
View Quote

The place my dad bought his from took the accessories out of the box before selling it and sold the mags and accessories separately. He just got some mags and called it a day. They pulled something similar when he got his AR-180, but at least he got the scope with it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The references I've seen so far would indicate these are South African.  Either way, I wonder what frogs these were used with as the hook is on the opposite side of where it normally would be.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
The references I've seen so far would indicate these are South African.  Either way, I wonder what frogs these were used with as the hook is on the opposite side of where it normally would be.
View Quote

DS Arms say the bayonets themselves are FN, but the scabbards are South African. I bought a couple of them and have a couple of South African frogs inbound from RTG Parts so will see if they work together.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember when nobody wanted them. I have one somewhere came with a kit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Tango:
I remember when nobody wanted them. I have one somewhere came with a kit.
View Quote

I've kinda always wanted one for my DSA Para Congo, just for grins. So when DSA sent out an email saying they got these in stock I though "hey, why not?" and placed an order.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:40:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tango] [#8]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:

I've kinda always wanted one for my DSA Para Congo, just for grins. So when DSA sent out an email saying they got these in stock I though "hey, why not?" and placed an order.
View Quote

Did they start using the original spec flash sup/brake? I remember one of the requirements was a undersized brake on new builds so a Grenade couldn't be launched.

Edit: Found mine in the floor of my safe.
Gas ports line up with the slots in the bayonet. The sheath is plastic. Pics might help since your putting on together. Theres no wobble its a tight fit installed. Just tight enough it slips on and off.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#9]
No idea, I bought the rifle 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 4:27:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#10]
Here's some photos that are about 50% better than the photos on DS Arms' website...

The bayonets are the later cast Type C, wherein the socket was made from two halves. No markings, glossy black painted finish.

The scabbard is nylon with integral frog stud and a steel throat piece oriented so the socket faces inward (a South African thing apparently). The throat piece is also shaped to accept either the FAL or South African No. 9 bayonet.

Reference info here: https://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Identification_Guide/fal_page/fal_bayonets_2.html
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Thats purdy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top