Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2024 9:32:50 PM EDT
Just bought one tonight, seams like a really popular 22 can and I already have a warlock II and a oculus. How’s it compare to the oculus for those that have both?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I can’t tell the difference myself.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
This makes me sad. Its similar to the Oculus so you really should have went for a lightweight rimfire can. I really like my Mustang, so much so I've basically stopped shooting the Mask.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wiskey_33:
I can’t tell the difference myself.
View Quote

That’s good cause I really like my oculus, just wanted something different and everything I see says the mask is a solid can.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
This makes me sad. Its similar to the Oculus so you really should have went for a lightweight rimfire can. I really like my Mustang, so much so I've basically stopped shooting the Mask.
View Quote

I have a warlock that’s 3 ounces, the weight doesn’t bother me and I prefer stainless baffles over aluminum for a 22 can. Plus I may want to use it for something other than a 22 later down the road.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:32:23 PM EDT
[#5]
It will do what you want it to.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Bolt gun?
Pistol?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:53:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I think they sound very similar but what I don’t like about the oculus is how much lead coats the base before the first baffle. It’s not as easy to clean. Still great can though, but I prefer my mask.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Bolt gun?
Pistol?
View Quote

Probably more pistol use and the oculus will stay on my bolt gun.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:18:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HUCK70] [#9]
I love mine! Pistol, bolt action rifle, semi auto rifle, might be my favorite out of it and a sparrow and an oculus.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Just bought a Mask.  Have had an Oculus for a couple of yours, but wanted another .22 can.  Saw the Mustang, but prefer SS baffles.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I find the Occulus and the Mask so close in performance that the host makes a bigger difference than the can.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
On all the hosts I've tried, to me the Mask is quieter.   It might be a tone thing, with the Mask being deeper sounding, and the Occulus sharper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top