Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2024 1:40:24 PM EDT
Dealer is using the eform to transfer my latest suppressor.  I dropped off the fingerprint cards, etc... to them and they filed the forms electronically.  They said that I would receive an e-mail from the ATF for paying the $200 tax.  I've been waiting over 3 weeks now.  Seeing people getting their transfer go through in a matter of days and I'm wondering if the dealer might have done something incorrectly since they just started using the eforms.  How long does it typically take before that e-mail comes?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:45:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#1]
When I have my dealer do my form 4 efile, I just give my dealer my CC info right there and he enters it in and then submits right there. No need to wait. Under 40 hr approval time for my last 4 cans.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigbore:
The payment confirmation email comes 30 seconds after the $200 payment is made.
View Quote

How is the payment supposed to be made?  Were they supposed to take it?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Kombayotch:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yes. If your dealer is doing an efile form 4 from their own dealer account, yes they would enter your payment info and your ATF efile account info when they fill everything out before submission.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

Yes. If your dealer is doing an efile form 4 from their own dealer account, yes they would enter your payment info and your ATF efile account info when they fill everything out before submission.
View Quote

Pretty sure they didn't take my ATF efile info.  They may have taken my CC info at the same time I was paying their transfer fee, now that I think about it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Pretty sure they didn't take my ATF efile info.  They may have taken my CC info at the same time I was paying their transfer fee, now that I think about it.
View Quote
ATF processes online eFile payments basically immediately when you submit the form.  Was your CC charged the $200?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Silencershop or a standard dealer? When doing an eForm you have to digitally sign yourself, at the end of the verification process. The email comes seconds later. Sounds like your form hasn’t actually been submitted yet.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:10:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kombayotch] [#8]
Standard dealer.  No $200 charge on my CC.

I suspect they aren't doing something right.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:19:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#9]

View Quote

My dealer does the efile submission through their dealer account. They upload my .eft and photo, include my ATF account username, I give them my CC info and boom it's done. I get a email confirmation from the ATF that my form 4 submission has been submitted/in process within a minute. Done.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Sounds accurate.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:30:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#12]

View Quote

Either they haven't submitted the form yet or they messed up the submission. Its one of those two things.

Did they use your right email? Something to check as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Like those above my dealer did everything efile and my cc was charged immediately.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I don’t think it matters which form you do before you can submit it you get redirected to a payment portal.
I could be wrong.
Are you sure when he did the eform he selected “tax paid form”?

If I’m wrong here then just ignore with my apologies.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Princeton:
I don’t think it matters which form you do before you can submit it you get redirected to a payment portal.
I could be wrong.
Are you sure when he did the eform he selected “tax paid form”?

If I’m wrong here then just ignore with my apologies.
View Quote

Not sure what was selected.  Went there tonight and they say they are going to look into it.  Kept telling me that the payment doesn't go through until someone at the ATF starts to examines it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:47:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OwO] [#16]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

Sounds accurate.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

Sounds accurate.

I think the applicant (seller) is supposed to pay the tax when they submit the application. Every commercial silencer I bought, the seller charged me for the silencer and the transfer tax, then they paid the ATF.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Watch this video.
Payment info starts at 23 minutes.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#18]
You should get an email from [email protected] pretty much immediately after certifying your application. This email will have your control number on it. If you did not get this email, you haven’t certified your eForm 4 application yet. I don’t believe I’ve ever gotten an email that my $200 tax was paid, but then I’ve done all mine through SS.  It you definitely should have gotten your email from the above address with your control number. If you didn’t, go back to your FFL and let them know this hasn’t been submitted yet.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Not sure what was selected.  Went there tonight and they say they are going to look into it.  Kept telling me that the payment doesn't go through until someone at the ATF starts to examines it.
View Quote

That's wrong.  Every eform1 I've filed myself and every eform4 my FFL has filed for me has dinged my credit card immediately.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
Unfortunately, you are dealing with a moron.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Gentleman4561:
Unfortunately, you are dealing with a moron.
View Quote

So it would appear...
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Definitely not right, can’t submit it until payment is sent through separate portal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:10:25 AM EDT
[#23]
You get an email from reforms stating that you submitted, it has always been immediate after I certified. That email is your confirmation it has been submitted.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#25]
OP, do they have the can actually on hand already?  About the only thing that half makes sense to explain what you're presented is that they're getting the can from another dealer or the manufacturer and are waiting for the Form 3 to finish and get it in hand before starting the transfer process to you.

If it's not that, then they appear to have no idea what they're doing and I'd probably just cancel and seek business elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:05:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kombayotch] [#26]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
OP, do they have the can actually on hand already?  About the only thing that half makes sense to explain what you're presented is that they're getting the can from another dealer or the manufacturer and are waiting for the Form 3 to finish and get it in hand before starting the transfer process to you.

If it's not that, then they appear to have no idea what they're doing and I'd probably just cancel and seek business elsewhere.
View Quote

Can came from the manufacturer as I had a discount cert for it.  First time I've used this FFL, but chose them because they were the only place near by that had an onsite range I could use the can on while waiting for the transfer.  They have it and I have been using  it on the range.  Had I known that transfers would start processing so quickly, I would have used a different FFL.  All of my previous cans took over a year, and the eForm1 SBR I did took 11 months, so I was expecting a long wait.

Pretty sure at this point it is that they don't know what they are doing with e-forms.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
No, you won't get an email from atf to pay. Payment is within the eform process before you certify. Additionally, you won't get an email from atf when the tax is paid, that goes to the dealer's email only.
View All Quotes
Dealer is using the eform to transfer my latest suppressor.  I dropped off the fingerprint cards, etc... to them and they filed the forms electronically.  They said that I would receive an e-mail from the ATF for paying the $200 tax.  I've been waiting over 3 weeks now.  Seeing people getting their transfer go through in a matter of days and I'm wondering if the dealer might have done something incorrectly since they just started using the eforms.  How long does it typically take before that e-mail comes?
No, you won't get an email from atf to pay. Payment is within the eform process before you certify. Additionally, you won't get an email from atf when the tax is paid, that goes to the dealer's email only.

But he should get an email after he certifies, which if the dealer didn't have him use his Efile username and PIN he hasn't certified yet.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Ok, but when is the tax charged to my card?  Even if I don't get an e-mail, I should see the charge on my banking website.  It's pushing 4 weeks and the card hasn't been charged.  Is that normal?  

Also, the dealer never asked me for my ATF eforms account info.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Ok, but when is the tax charged to my card?  Even if I don't get an e-mail, I should see the charge on my banking website.  It's pushing 4 weeks and the card hasn't been charged.  Is that normal?  

View Quote
Your form isn't submitted man.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:14:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#30]
watch the damn video ffs
Or dont, and keep asking questions.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By networkguru:
watch the damn video ffs
View Quote

I did and yeah, from that it looks like it isn't submitted.  Now a dealer enters the convo and seems to imply otherwise.  So, yeah, I'm going to ask the dealer to elaborate.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

No, it isn't normal. Your card is literally hit with the $200 payment as soon as your dealer hits send and you get a confirmation email back from the ATF regarding your form 4 being pending/submitted. You have done none of this. Your dealer has not completed nor submitted your form 4. You need to go back and do everything all over again.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Your form isn't submitted man.
View Quote

This, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:07:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#34]

I did and yeah, from that it looks like it isn't submitted.  Now a dealer enters the convo and seems to imply otherwise.  So, yeah, I'm going to ask the dealer to elaborate.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By networkguru:
watch the damn video ffs

Its not filed if what you say is correct.
During the filing process, the dealer pays the stamp in the payment "train stop".  
Then on to the certification process which requires YOU to type in your ATF eforms username and PIN.
Then the dealer puts their info in.
A screen will pop up saying successful.
As ADCO (a dealer) stated, a email will arrive almost immediately .
That is my experience as well.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

No, it isn't normal. Your card is literally hit with the $200 payment as soon as your dealer hits send and you get a confirmation email back from the ATF regarding your form 4 being pending/submitted. You have done none of this. Your dealer has not completed nor submitted your form 4. You need to go back and do everything all over again.
View Quote

The dealer could have submitted the $200 payment on their card.   I don't think they did, but it's possible.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#37]
If they use your card, you'll see payment hit your card within minutes if not sooner.  Never give a dealer your eforms username and PIN.

Bottom line, your form has not been submitted, you'll need to have a discussion with your dealer.
View Quote

It's a shame not all dealers are as knowledgeable as Hansohn Brothers.  :)

You guys should be training other dealers how to do their job.

But then you wouldn't have time to process my forms.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

If they use your card, you'll see payment hit your card within minutes if not sooner.  Never give a dealer your eforms username and PIN.

Bottom line, your form has not been submitted, you'll need to have a discussion with your dealer.
View Quote

End of thread.^^^;

(Or should be).
Top Top