Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2024 12:21:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF]
Recently picked up an MPX-K and now trying to decide on a dedicated can for it.  Currently using an old Hybrid 46, but it’s just heavy and long.

Criteria I’m looking for would be as follows:

Length:  Sub 7”
Diameter: 1.5” or smaller

Weight I’d like to keep at or under 10oz.  Honestly, all else being equal, the lighter the better.

Backpressure is also a pretty large consideration with the MPX being gas operated and being known as a gassy suppressed platform.

Suppression is a moderate consideration, so I’m really not wanting anything super short.

Finally, preferred if it can be configured to work within the Plan A ecosystem.  Being dedicated, I’m not totally opposed to going the DT route, but I’m currently setup for Plan A.

Right now I’m considering:

-  OCL Lithium 9.  Very lightweight and fits most other requirements well.  My primary concern here is backpressure as it seems OCL cans aren’t really known for being low backpressure.

-  HUXWRX CASH 9K.  Backpressure reduction is the primary reason for considering this one.  I know suppression will suffer to an extent, but I haven’t really seen a ton of end user reviews.  On paper numbers I can find seem to show good “at ear” numbers.

-  SiCo Spectre 9.  Only really considering this at it appears to be designed along the same lines as the Scythe Ti, which I was impressed with (and currently have one in jail).  It is a fairly short option, so I’m guessing suppression will suffer.  It’s not explicitly marketed as low backpressure, but SiCo seems to have emphasized gas reduction more as of late.  It’s extremely LW.
Still very new, so who knows.

What else should I be looking at?

Pic just because.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my Wolfman in short config.

You also won't go wrong with a Lithium or an Omega 9k. Great 9mm carbine cans.

I've also got a YHM Nitro N2O that I have no strong feelings about, one way or another.

I think my favorite is still the Wolfman.

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my Lithium on my Stribog.  Being a delayed blow back it helps with gas and port pop.  When I use the lithium or my other 9mm cans on my AR9 it seems way louder and a lot more gas.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 6:19:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#3]
I would have recommended the lithium and the spectre 9, but you already did it yourself. Sounds like weight is somewhat of a priority, so you'll be locked into Ti. SICOs spectre IG video was impressive, so i ordered one. I still want a lithium too. I think CAT is going to release their 9mm can sometime soon as well.

We have a rental sp5 that has a cash 9k on it. Our train of thought was the flow through would keep everything cleaner. We knew going into this the Cash 9k isn't going to be as quiet as a traditional can, but we didn't care since shooting indoors is loud. TBH, I'm not super impressed with it. It gunks up like any other can and the tri lug doesn't take much to lock up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The M(ag)P(ul)5--AP5 Review

Wolfman in short config with an Ecco Plan A mount. You can hear it in the video above on my AP5. Super quiet, love it!
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:25:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: arjohnson] [#5]
Check out the new silencerco, 3.9 oz 9mm can. I can’t wait to check one out myself.

Eta: see you already mentioned it, what about the YHM R9, just picked mine up and tried it on my AP5-P, really impressed with it so far.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#6]
my Ecco TLX works great as a PCC can.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m running a SilencerCo Omega 9k on my MPX-K, but upgraded the barrel to In Lead We Trust adjustable and the accuracy and back pressure improved dramatically.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
OP, what did you end up going with? Given the short wait times I assume you’ve already been approved.

Im in the same boat rn and could use another report. The other option under consideration is the Mojave.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:45:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: arndog123] [#9]
I recently tested some 9mm cans on my MPX K and my Mojave 9 and Wolfman came out on top.  They were the quietest, least amount of FRP and blowback.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:22:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Is that the Mojave booster screwed onto your Wolfman?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:02:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Wolfman here but on tri lug

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:08:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Sonus 9
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:12:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OccasionallyShot:
OP, what did you end up going with? Given the short wait times I assume you’ve already been approved.

Im in the same boat rn and could use another report. The other option under consideration is the Mojave.
View Quote

Still wearing the Hybrid.  

Analysis paralysis got me to the point where damn near everything is out of stock while I picked up a few other cans to finish out my centerfire rifle needs.  Hopefully things level back out soon inventory wise as I’ve pretty much decided on a Lithium 9.  If not, one of my local shops has an Omega 9K sitting on the shelf I may try out for the time being.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:54:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By emccracken:
Is that the Mojave booster screwed onto your Wolfman?
View Quote

Yes it is. I was using the 3 lug from it on the Mojave and I wanted to hear what it sounded like on a pistol.😁  
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:14:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mesooohoppy:

We have a rental sp5 that has a cash 9k on it. Our train of thought was the flow through would keep everything cleaner. We knew going into this the Cash 9k isn't going to be as quiet as a traditional can, but we didn't care since shooting indoors is loud. TBH, I'm not super impressed with it. It gunks up like any other can and the tri lug doesn't take much to lock up.
View Quote
It seems all the stellar reviews of the Cash9K and Rad9 in short mode entail using it with the DT mount.  I think the typical push/turn 3 lug mounts that go internally inside the can position the end of the 3 lug too close to the first baffle and  don't take advantage of the flow through like the DT would.
I plan on getting one but I am going to use a custom made Bixler 3 lug mount.  Bixler mount's are not internal and there are no springs or o-rings to get gunked / locked up.  They also have zero wobble unlike the typical push/turn 3 lug mount.  Going this route will place the end of muzzle about where the DT mount would.

I would like to try the Cash9K or Rad9 as I don't have a PCC can that is flow through and the fact that it is user serviceable is a win for me unlike the other typical offerings. I'm running full auto and even running FMJ (most jacketed projectiles have an exposed lead base) get gunked up.  The Cash9k being 5.15" long, 5.9oz and constructed from SS / Ti while still being serviceable are pretty impressive specs.  So I'll be a guinea pig and get one....once I find one in stock.  Seems I'll have to wait like a year for frenzy to calm down.  

Here are some Bixler mount examples from my site:https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=777

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By amphibian:
It seems all the stellar reviews of the Cash9K and Rad9 in short mode entail using it with the DT mount.  I think the typical push/turn 3 lug mounts that go internally inside the can position the end of the 3 lug too close to the first baffle and  don't take advantage of the flow through like the DT would.
I plan on getting one but I am going to use a custom made Bixler 3 lug mount.  Bixler mount's are not internal and there are no springs or o-rings to get gunked / locked up.  They also have zero wobble unlike the typical push/turn 3 lug mount.  Going this route will place the end of muzzle about where the DT mount would.

I would like to try the Cash9K or Rad9 as I don't have a PCC can that is flow through and the fact that it is user serviceable is a win for me unlike the other typical offerings. I'm running full auto and even running FMJ (most jacketed projectiles have an exposed lead base) get gunked up.  The Cash9k being 5.15" long, 5.9oz and constructed from SS / Ti while still being serviceable are pretty impressive specs.  So I'll be a guinea pig and get one....once I find one in stock.  Seems I'll have to wait like a year for frenzy to calm down.  

Here are some Bixler mount examples from my site:https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=777
https://c3junkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Bixler-nut-diameter.png
View Quote

Wish I was closer to FL because I'd let you experiment with my Rad 9 or 45.

Ya, I was disappointed with running both cans on my MP5's using 3 lug.  It just amazes me seeing/hearing the difference between using DT and 3 lug.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By arndog123:

Ya, I was disappointed with running both cans on my MP5's using 3 lug.  It just amazes me seeing/hearing the difference between using DT and 3 lug.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://c3junkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Bixler-nut-diameter.png

That would be great.  I don't know anyone in Central FL that has a Cash9K or Rad9 I can check out.  
BTW, being 5.9oz, the Beretta can typically can handle up to 6oz without a booster.  Anyone tried a Cash9k or Rad9 in short mode and direct thread with NO piston to see if it will cycle on a Beretta 92 series?
Here is whitepaper: https://huxwrx.com/content/white-paper/Cash-9k-White-Paper.pdf
It clearly says weight is 5.9oz but I'm wondering if that is really the weight including the rear endcap as sometimes manufacturers will list the 'module weight' and don't include the rear end cap since so many people will switch them out anyways.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#18]
If I don’t forget I’ll try my Rad 9 DT in short on my M9A4 next time I’m out.

The M9A4 sure likes my Ecco TLX 9 though.  The can weighs 4.3 oz and it sounds great and no blowback thanks to no booster.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By dillhole:
I like my Wolfman in short config.

You also won't go wrong with a Lithium or an Omega 9k. Great 9mm carbine cans.

I've also got a YHM Nitro N2O that I have no strong feelings about, one way or another.

I think my favorite is still the Wolfman.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496853/APC9SD___MPX_1-27-24-2-3109259.jpg
View Quote

Came to post this.  The Wolfman is where it's at.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#20]
If I don't forget I'll try my Rad 9 DT in short on my M9A4 next time I'm out.

The M9A4 sure likes my Ecco TLX 9 though.  The can weighs 4.3 oz and it sounds great and no blowback thanks to no booster.

View Quote
That would be great.  Not a deal breaker for me as I have an old Gemtech Trinity, old SWR GS9K2 and all Titanium Mystic re-core of a Liberty Mystic that Joe previously of Curtis Tactical did for me that I run on my Beretta's but would be an interesting comparison.

I would still run a short Rad9 or Cash9k primarily for full auto SMG's.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Yes it is. I was using the 3 lug from it on the Mojave and I wanted to hear what it sounded like on a pistol.😁  
View Quote

How was the Wolfman on pistol compared to your other 9mm cans?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Added the Omega-9K since it’s about the only thing I could find in stock.  23hr approvals help.  

Anyways, getting it out today.  I’m not sure suppression will be up to the level I was wanting, but we’ll see.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By emccracken:

How was the Wolfman on pistol compared to your other 9mm cans?
View Quote

I didn’t try it short but it actually sounded really good in long configuration. Probably the best sounding given the volume of the can compared to the other cans I brought that day.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:
Added the Omega-9K since it’s about the only thing I could find in stock.  23hr approvals help.  

Anyways, getting it out today.  I’m not sure suppression will be up to the level I was wanting, but we’ll see.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294984/IMG_8608_jpeg-3191998.JPG
View Quote

Curious what you think after you shoot it.  I got the O9K for my MPX based on recommendations here, reddit, and by CA.  It's the only 9mm can I have so nothing to directly compare it too, but out of the various suppressors I have it was the most disappointing as it seemss loud no matter what ammo I use with it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:14:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#25]
Originally Posted By captexas:

Curious what you think after you shoot it.  I got the O9K for my MPX based on recommendations here, reddit, and by CA.  It's the only 9mm can I have so nothing to directly compare it too, but out of the various suppressors I have it was the most disappointing as it seemss loud no matter what ammo I use with it.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294984/IMG_8608_jpeg-3191998.JPG

I’m pleased.  Ripped off a few 10-15 round strings with no ear-pro on and it seemed quiet enough to my ears.  No pain, ringing, etc.  This was under an overhang as well.  Ammo used was Speer Lawman 147gr.

It’s not as quiet as the Hybrid, but there’s also not 8” and 20oz of can hanging off the front end of the gun.  Certainly more quiet than any of my other rifle caliber SBRs, though.

What length barrel on yours?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

4.5in ILWT barrel with the  O9K direct threaded
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Interesting.  Mines just the factory 4.5” with Griffin Plan A.

I don’t have a ton of experience with suppressing 9mm, mainly centerfire rifle, so just about anything 9mm is going to seem quieter than that.  Might just be that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:27:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: arndog123] [#28]
That would be great.  Not a deal breaker for me as I have an old Gemtech Trinity, old SWR GS9K2 and all Titanium Mystic re-core of a Liberty Mystic that Joe previously of Curtis Tactical did for me that I run on my Beretta's but would be an interesting comparison.

View All Quotes

Ran through 4 mags on the Beretta today using 150 gr Syntech and 147 gr Suppressor ammo direct threaded to the Rad 9 in short.  No issues but it was a little loud so I had to put my ear pro on.  

I used the Ecco 1/2x28 direct thread mount off my TLX9 on the Rad and total weight was 6.5oz.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Ran through 4 mags on the Beretta today using 150 gr Syntech and 147 gr Suppressor ammo direct threaded to the Rad 9 in short.  No issues but it was a little loud so I had to put my ear pro on.  

I used the Ecco 1/2x28 direct thread mount off my TLX9 on the Rad and total weight was 6.5oz.
https://i.ibb.co/m4nqgDf/IMG-0834.jpg
View Quote
What grips are those?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Awesome it works on the Beretta with no booster.  Sucky you had to put your ear pro on.  I broke down and got a Cash9k coming in this week and hope try it out full auto next weekend on at least my MP5 and my hybrid CMMG Dissent.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
What grips are those?
View Quote

Factory grips that came with the  M9A4.  Nice and grippy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:15:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: arndog123] [#33]
Awesome it works on the Beretta with no booster.  Sucky you had to put your ear pro on.  I broke down and got a Cash9k coming in this week and hope try it out full auto next weekend on at least my MP5 and my hybrid CMMG Dissent.
View Quote

Ya I was hoping it was quieter but after the 3rd shot had to grab the ear pros.

Looking forward to your review/thoughts on it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Factory grips that came with the  M9A4.  Nice and grippy.
View Quote
Thanks. They’re not the ones in the Beretta page’s pics for the A4, and they only mention the Vertec grips in the description. Yours look thinner than the chonky rubbery grips that came with my A3 (it came with Vertec grips, as well), but have the backstrap hump that I like.

I guess I’m going to have to look at getting an A4, since they’re not available from Beretta as an accessory.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
Thanks. They’re not the ones in the Beretta page’s pics for the A4, and they only mention the Vertec grips in the description. Yours look thinner than the chonky rubbery grips that came with my A3 (it came with Vertec grips, as well), but have the backstrap hump that I like.

I guess I’m going to have to look at getting an A4, since they’re not available from Beretta as an accessory.
View Quote

Ya it came with 2 sets and the one with the backstrap hump felt better.  

Sounds like a logical excuse to get an A4 to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top