Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an A10 warthog in 5.56 and am very happy with it. Seems like a good combination of price/weight/sound reduction.

I purchased it over an OCL polonium but I’m sure you can’t go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
There’s much older cans that use the same toroidal gas flow concept as AB. I don’t think those were clipped, though, and I’ve never seen/heard one in person. I’m not entirely sure I buy their inspiration backstory, though. I think the older cans with that tech precede gas turbines, turbochargers, or jets. And that’s fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OlympicArmsFan:

The origins of this company is very interesting and how they used super chargers as an inspiration. I always wondered why no one thought about using this knowledge.
There’s much older cans that use the same toroidal gas flow concept as AB. I don’t think those were clipped, though, and I’ve never seen/heard one in person. I’m not entirely sure I buy their inspiration backstory, though. I think the older cans with that tech precede gas turbines, turbochargers, or jets. And that’s fine.

I really want some more videos on this can. I feel like my gut is telling me to buy it, but the Angel and Devil on my shoulders are screaming YHM T3 and Polonium. I can see it now, I'm going to be buying more than one can.

Originally Posted By DDS87:
Originally Posted By OlympicArmsFan:Another great video. They have a lot of them that are really good to watch and get a feel for.

Do you have a link to where they recomended the Polo K over the standard one? I have seen that the Polo K is 2dbs more than the standard can. Those cans are very interesting and I would like to try them out.

I should have been more clear but it was the owner of OCL who said that. I'm wondering if you could tell a practical difference in the "loudness" of 2dB, especially on a 16" outdoors with ear pro. You might just interpret a different "tone" at that point.

The Polo K is extremely popular right now after a bunch of user feedback has been posted publicly. OCL has posted about the backorders they're trying to fill.

I will read over that thread. Yeah, I'm betting 2dbs are not as noticeable to the human ears as it is to a machine that reads them. I wish there was a range that sold cans here that I could test them out and see what they sound like. Its a tough choice to make.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Zac87:
I have an A10 warthog in 5.56 and am very happy with it. Seems like a good combination of price/weight/sound reduction.

I purchased it over an OCL polonium but I’m sure you can’t go wrong with either.
View Quote

Have you shot it without hearing protection? If so, how is it? I know none of these cans will ever be hearing safe, but I want something that doesn't blow my ears out should I have to use it in a self defense situation. My gut keeps telling me to buy the A10 warthog.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Have you shot it without hearing protection? If so, how is it? I know none of these cans will ever be hearing safe, but I want something that doesn't blow my ears out should I have to use it in a self defense situation. My gut keeps telling me to buy the A10 warthog.
View Quote

I’ve shot the Polo K and Recce 5K on a 14.5 without ears. Neither were painful, I’d say the Recce was a little quieter and more pleasant, likely due to the lower backpressure.

First shots with @ottercreeklabs Polonium K outside, on the Sabre 14.5. No ears, & not bad! #guns

First shot with the Recce 5K outdoors, no earpro. Sounds good on the PSA Sabre 14.5! #guns #shooting

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:56:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zac87] [#5]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zac87:

Yes I’ve shot it a handful of times without hearing protection and did not have any issues. This was on my 14.5”. It was noticeably quieter than my rugged razor.

Needless to say I’m very happy with it and do not regret purchasing it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes

The origins of this company is very interesting and how they used super chargers as an inspiration. I always wondered why no one thought about using this knowledge.

As someone with a deep background in fluid dynamics, most of what they say in marketing prose is nonsense.  But we're at a point with suppressors where nonsense still flies because data collection hasn't caught up.  

I still bought a Raptor 8 however, because it doesn't matter if their words are true or not.  The end result works, probably as result of a lucky confluence.  The pleasing sound it has is most likely because of it's outer shape completely changing the resonance patterns of the outer shell.  It's not because gasses are "peeled" of and "sent for a spin" as they say - compressed gas flow doesn't work that way.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Doesn't really matter if you think it's their "inspiration". It's what they used to do. Just look up Aerocharger. Same company. I think some of their early cans like the Sabre or their cans for CZ have the Aerocharger name on them.
While I'd think they have a good understanding of fluid dynamics, I'd somewhat agree with Vapor, that they got a bit lucky in their overall design.
Shortly I'll have 3 of their cans when they ship or are released from jail. A10 5.56, F4, Little Bird.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Vapor_Man:

I still bought a Raptor 8 however, because it doesn't matter if their words are true or not.  The end result works,
View Quote
Yeah, that’s what I’m getting at. I’m likely ordering a Raptor this week.  

I don’t think luck was required. They probably heard Kevin B mention several years ago that Maxim’s silencers were still really good and looked at this drawing:And this one:and added some modern features like clipped baffles and applied their expertise in metallurgy. I’m not claiming that any of this is bad. I’ve long wanted a well-executed and modern version of these.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top