Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2024 6:21:06 PM EDT
Got a call from the ATF's Lost/Stolen Guns department to ask if I'd received a firearm shipped from another FFL to me back in 2014 that never made it to me.  Searched the books and my inventory reports and didn't get a hit on the serial # or even a partial match so... no.

Since it was a customer transfer I did find the replacement logged in and out a few weeks later.

Anyone else get one of these?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:47:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DogtownTom] [#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Eight to ten years ago Hyatt Gun & Coin shipped me a handgun. USPS tracking showed it stuck in the Coppell, TX mail distribution center for over a week. Eventually the box was returned to Hyatt empty. Hyatt called to confirm I didn't receive the gun. Then the next day a nice lady with NTC called and it took me several "I never received that gun" before she was convinced.

But never a nine year gap.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Ten year, it went missing in Jan 2014.  They were just following up to make sure I'd never received it.

Our tax dollars, hardly working...
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I got one that was odd, but different than that.

Had a Aero Precision lower come in for transfer. Called the buyer several times and left voicemails. Never heard anything. So I ended up calling every three months or so until the phone came back as disconnected.

Just left it on the book and never did decide what to do with it.

Got a call from ATF after about three years doing a trace on a lost/stolen gun and it was that lower! I had it sitting right there and explained that I never got a response from the buyer.

Vendor ended up getting me a RMA and I sent it back to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top