Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2024 8:01:51 AM EDT
In the process of getting my first suppressor.....just have a question on the process. Tried reaching out to Silencer Shop...but I'm assuming they are pretty swamped right. I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out.

I set up my Silencer Shop Account.
Setup my E-File Account.
Ordered my suppressor from SS + tax stamp.
Uploaded my photo with the SS app on my phone.  
Next day I went to the LGS and did the prints and survey/info at the SS Kiosk.

According to SS, the next step is that they are supposed to email me a DocSign email........how long does that usually take?  Does the LGS have to receive my suppressor before that happens?  It's been a few days now, no emails or updates from SS.

Just wondering if I did something wrong, or if this is normal.  I thought I would have gotten the DocuSign email from SS shortly after my Keosk visit.

Any info would be great. Thanks!!

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#1]
They may wait until your suppressor is in hand at the shop, I’m not totally sure. SS is well known for having “issues” on the technical end, though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:03:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#2]
Its probably safe to assume your can is on backorder.

If that's the case you gotta wait cause there isn't a serial allocated to you yet.

Welcome to the state of the NFA world currently. They speed up the approval process, so you end up waiting elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mesooohoppy:
Its probably safe to assume your can is on backorder.

If that's the case you gotta wait cause there isn't a serial allocated to you yet.

Welcome to the state of the NFA world currently. They speed up the approval process, so you end up waiting elsewhere.
View Quote

Their site showed it was in stock when I ordered it.  Is that typical for SS to show things in stock with they are actually not?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:10:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#4]
Once you sign the DocuSign, the Form 3 wait begins.

My last few Docusigns came the same day or next day, as long as your purchase was not on backorder. Do you have a Serial Number assigned (edit to add: the email header will say "Item Reservation")

If yes, maybe you can email SS for guidance

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I just went through this and checked my emails. I ordered a suppressor on Friday 4/5. My docusign notice came to me on Wednesday evening 4/10. So it takes a few days. Six days later now, I'm still waiting on the Form 3 to go through and my can to ship to my FFL.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#6]
My Form 3 was approved 4/3 and I still haven’t heard anything.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#7]
My first 3 cans I got last year, the docusign came the next day after ordering. I just ordered a new suppressor on 3/11 with Silencer Shop and this time it took several days for the docusign. I think they are getting hammered with all the orders they are getting from the fast approval times. That being said I already have my can I just ordered (approved on 4/11) but not the can I did on a trust in December.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MagnusActual:
Once you sign the DocuSign, the Form 3 wait begins.

My last few Docusigns came the same day or next day, as long as your purchase was not on backorder. Do you have a Serial Number assigned (edit to add: the email header will say "Item Reservation")

If yes, maybe you can email SS for guidance

View Quote

Yes, I got the "item reservation" email from SS the day I purchased the suppressor.

But that was the last email I've gotten from SS......just waiting on that DocuSign email from them.  I purchased the suppressor last Thursday, did the Kiosk last Friday.

Does the FFL have to physically receive the suppressor from SS before SS sends me the DocuSign email??
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bballman25:
I just went through this and checked my emails. I ordered a suppressor on Friday 4/5. My docusign notice came to me on Wednesday evening 4/10. So it takes a few days. Six days later now, I'm still waiting on the Form 3 to go through and my can to ship to my FFL.
View Quote

Ah, ok. Sounds like they just might be backed up. So they don't ship the suppressor until I sign the DocuSign email? Makes sense I guess.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By chocolateisyummy2:
My first 3 cans I got last year, the docusign came the next day after ordering. I just ordered a new suppressor on 3/11 with Silencer Shop and this time it took several days for the docusign. I think they are getting hammered with all the orders they are getting from the fast approval times. That being said I already have my can I just ordered (approved on 4/11) but not the can I did on a trust in December.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm sure they are getting hammered with orders right now.  I'll give it a few days and see if that DocuSign email finally shows up.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By imq707s:

Ah, ok. Sounds like they just might be backed up. So they don't ship the suppressor until I sign the DocuSign email? Makes sense I guess.

View Quote

Once you sign the Docusign documents, SS will submit the Form 3. That is the approval they need to ship to your FFL. I’ve heard this can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks to hear back from ATF. Once the Form 3 is approved, they will ship to your FFL. Once the FFL has the can, they will start the Form 4 process and the real wait begins. Hopefully, you’ll be one of the faster approvals. Unfortunately, I’m not one of them. lol.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Once you sign the Docusign documents, SS will submit the Form 3. That is the approval they need to ship to your FFL. I’ve heard this can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks to hear back from ATF. Once the Form 3 is approved, they will ship to your FFL. Once the FFL has the can, they will start the Form 4 process and the real wait begins. Hopefully, you’ll be one of the faster approvals. Unfortunately, I’m not one of them. lol.
View Quote

Yeah....I just need that DocuSign email so I can get the ball rolling!!  Tried reaching out to SS via their website chat feature......."there are 90 people in the que ahead of you" is the message I got.

So yeah....I'm guessing that are just overwhelmed with the huge influx of orders.  With wait time being so low now (guy at work has his e-file form 4 approved in 4 days).....everyone is having the same thoughts as I had........time to get a surpressor!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:20:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#13]
Wasn’t your question answered in the sparrow thread?

Originally Posted By TNRonin:

Yeah...that's why I'm a little nervous. I did all my form 4 stuff last Friday, and as of right now....still no email back from silencer shop showing confirmation....or that DocuSign email I'm supposed to get them them.
View Quote
Is your FFL and possession of the suppressor? If it's not been shipped to your FFL you won't get that  docusign until then. It has to be certified.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:22:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blueheeler426] [#14]
My last individual eForm4 can was like 5 years ago via Silencer Shop and my FFL guy (who retired).
New FFL shop does a lot of business through SS; and like OP I had to get reregistered all over again with SS.
So, my recent experience is 43 days total; 32 days of Lipsey’s warehouse > Silencer Shop >my FFL back & forth; + 11 days for BATF approval. There was a week or so of wtf because of some communications fubars.
eta: think it was 20-30 days before I was able to DocuSign anything in this process.

Decided to get a second can on the day we were at the actual point of getting registered on the BATFE website and actually submitting the eForm4 for can #1 (01April).  Bought and paid on 01April for can #2 and received the serial number from SS at the FFL shop.  
12April email from BATFE telling me status for can #1 approved.  Went and finished the last bit of paperwork and fees for can #1 and received it.
Inquired about the status of can #2. Seems that my FFL forgot to order or proceed the SS order.  wtf?  Two-hour drive home.  About the time I got home I started getting emails from SS wanting me to DocuSign a form (DocuSigned that night and messaged "You're Done") and we were already at step 3 which must be waiting for the physical transfer of the can to my FFL; so the clock is reset to 12April. So, we'll see how this one goes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I wouldn’t get wrapped up in it.  Just hope for the best, we are not all getting quick approvals.
Been in line since 1/14.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:53:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjoffutt] [#16]
As of yesterday, SS had 7000+ orders to package & ship.  At least this is what I was informed of when asking when my can would ship that the F3 was approved on 12 days ago.

Guess I should have checked my order prior to posting.  It has a FedEx tracking number associated to it now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I got my DocuSign documents within a couple hours. I ordered it through my ffl and he reserved a serial number so I'm told. The stuff outside of SS my ffl had to wait until he received it. The wait time for the form 3 from SS was 3-4 weeks, but that was for me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Just waiting for the DocuSign email from SS......not the ATF Form4 approval.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Does the FFL have to physically receive the suppressor from SS before SS sends me the DocuSign email??
View Quote

No my last can I bought from SS stock I did the docusign before the form 3 cleared. Should be almost immediately they send out the form for signatures if you have a SN assigned.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#20]
I went back to the SS website last night, now it's showing the Sparrow22's on backorder.  They were "in stock" last Thursday when I bought it.  

Any way for me to actually tell if they have shipped anything to the LGS?  Maybe that's the holdup?  No S/N to assign, and hence no Docusign email?

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:02:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bballman25] [#21]
My last can I bought on 4/5, I immediately got 2 emails from SS. One was a notice that was titled “Item Reservation” and the other was an order receipt. Both of them had the silencer serial number on them. I had bought one on back order earlier and I got an order receipt email from SS telling me the item is on back order. Maybe you should check your SS emails and see what they say.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#22]
The other thing you can do is call SS at 9am on the dot  Central Time. The wait time isn’t all that long. They’ve always been helpful. Have your order number ready.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#23]
My last can I bought on 4/5, I immediately got 2 emails from SS. One was a notice that was titled “Item Reservation” and the other was an order receipt. Both of them had the silencer serial number on them. I had bought one on back order earlier and I got an order receipt email from SS telling me the item is on back order. Maybe you should check your SS emails and see what they say.
View Quote

The email I got from them right after I placed my order shows "waiting assignment" for the Serial Number.    I wonder if they showed "in stock" when I first got on their website, but in the process of placing the order....they sold out?  They show "back order" now when I look at the Sparrow22's on their site.

I guess if they are in backorder, that would make sense as to why they can't assign a S/N, and haven't sent me the DocuSign email?

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#24]

The email I got from them right after I placed my order shows "waiting assignment" for the Serial Number.    I wonder if they showed "in stock" when I first got on their website, but in the process of placing the order....they sold out?  They show "back order" now when I look at the Sparrow22's on their site.

I guess if they are in backorder, that would make sense as to why they can't assign a S/N, and haven't sent me the DocuSign email?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What does it say when you log in on their website and go to My Account > My Dashboard?  Did they charge your credit card?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#25]
They might be running a little behind.  They still have my status as, pending atf approval,  but I have gotten my atf approval email and picked up my can , already.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

What does it say when you log in on their website and go to My Account > My Dashboard?  Did they charge your credit card?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mblades:

On my Dashboard, under Orders, it shows "complete".  Yes, my CC was charged.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

I’d just call them first thing in the morning if I were you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#28]

I'd just call them first thing in the morning if I were you.
View All Quotes

I'd just call them first thing in the morning if I were you.

That's how a backorder works.

You purchase the silencer and they charge your card. (Like a hold)

When they get a batch in, the backorders are processed first depending on batch size and your place in the backorder queue.

If you're one of the lucky ones, you'll get a Serial Number assigned and the process starts.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:49:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: imq707s] [#29]
Well....finally got my email saying my S/N has been reserved. Hopefully the DocuSign will be coming soon. At least the ball is rolling. Guess they are just backed up
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#30]
I had an issue with duplicate accounts that needed to be merged with SS. Took 3 emails and 2 phone calls to get ironed out. They are absolutely slammed right now. I was on hold for 3 hours before I could speak to someone the last time I called. The poor guy sounded worn out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:12:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anymanusa] [#31]
Took more than a few months on mine.

Maybe a single month, but there was other hold ups associated with the process. The brick and mortar store was an issue, and the atf website was down over a week too.

My first and my second suppressor purchases were both very trying.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, finally got the DocuSign email from SS......looks like the ball is finally rolling. Now they are going to ship the suppressor to my LGS, and then the wait begins.   Wish me luck.....some people are reporting getting their forms approved in 3-5 days.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, finally got the DocuSign email from SS......looks like the ball is finally rolling. Now they are going to ship the suppressor to my LGS, and then the wait begins.   Wish me luck.....some people are reporting getting their forms approved in 3-5 days.
View Quote

Congrats, the form I just submitted that I referenced a few posts above took 4 days once filed. I thought the rumors were too good to be true but at least for the moment they are!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Last one was 38hrs, 72hrs on the one before that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I just got an approval in 21 days.

Individual. Efile form 4 through SS. In stock from LGS.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:01:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By eac223:
They might be running a little behind.  They still have my status as, pending atf approval,  but I have gotten my atf approval email and picked up my can , already.
View Quote

I had to update the statuses on both of mine to approved myself. I don't think it's an automated system for that
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#37]
On 4/10 I purchased a YHM R9 that is already in stock at my dealer.  Took until 4/15 to get my DocuSign email.  (It was around 5:30PM when I made the purchase, so I will say the first day doesn't count.)
Got my notification to certify on 4/15 (4 days...but there was a weekend in there, so I'll say 2 or 3 days depending if Silencer Shop considers Saturday a business day).
Got notification that it was submitted to the ATF on 4/16.
As of 4/19 at 4:15PM still waiting for approval.

Gun shop told me that most of their SS purchases are getting approved in 2 to 14 days.

I would LOVE to be one of these people getting 2 day approvals....But the last silencer I bought took a year, so 14 days will be awesome as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#38]
OK...so another question on this whole Form4 process.

A week ago I got the Docusign email from Silencer Shop, signed it and submitted it, and then I got an email back from SS saying that all parties have signed it...and saying that now a Form3 had to be submitted to the ATF for approval of my FFL dealer?  And that's all I've heard from them...nothing else.

Does that mean the Form4 has been submitted also? When I get on my ATF E-File account, it doesn't show any forms as being submitted, or pending.

I'm guessing that SS is now going to ship my silencer to the FFL, and then when they get it, they will submit the Form4 to the ATF?

SS has been good...and not so good on letting me know what's going on in the whole process.

Just trying to stay in the loop.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:02:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#39]
Click this link and log in:

https://www.silencershop.com/dealerprice/dealer/myorders

It will show you if your Form 3 has been approved and/or shipped

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:03:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PvtJoeBauers] [#40]

A week ago I got the Docusign email from Silencer Shop, signed it and submitted it, and then I got an email back from SS saying that all parties have signed it...and saying that now a Form3 had to be submitted to the ATF for approval of my FFL dealer?  And that's all I've heard from them...nothing else.

Does that mean the Form4 has been submitted also? When I get on my ATF E-File account, it doesn't show any forms as being submitted, or pending.

I'm guessing that SS is now going to ship my silencer to the FFL, and then when they get it, they will submit the Form4 to the ATF?

SS has been good...and not so good on letting me know what's going on in the whole process.

Thanks!

View Quote

Once the F3 is approved then it ships to your dealer. Once it’s at the dealer and after roughly a few days some background stuff happens then you’ll get the “Ready to Certify” message. You’ll get with your dealer to certify then the F4 wait begins.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Thanks!

View Quote

It won’t show up in your e-forms account, it will be under the dealer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BSJ:

I had to update the statuses on both of mine to approved myself. I don't think it's an automated system for that
View Quote

How do you do that yourself?  I have one I picked up 2 months ago still showing pending approval.  I asked my dealer about it and he said SS is slow to update the system, but I think its my dealer that didn't update it once they got copied on the ATF approval email or when I picked it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top