Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2020 9:30:46 PM EDT
I got a stripped 870 receiver I sbs’d a while back and have yet to finish out and was thinking about putting it under a sbr ar.  I’m thinking of shortening the the mag tube to only hold 3 rounds so it can fit under a 10.5 inch barrel.  Anything out there in current production that could fit this?
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#1]
https://autoweapons.com/photos07/sep/remqdmount.html

Like 850. So no. Shits expensive to mount.

Try your welding skills on and old quad rail maybe.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I like this mount built in Canada because it supports the rear of the 870 receiver.

https://www.lockharttactical.com/category/product/8583499-lt-ubs-mount/category_pathway-879
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I have kits to mount a Mac11/9 under a Streetsweeper if you want a different option
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jreinke:
I like this mount built in Canada because it supports the rear of the 870 receiver.

https://www.lockharttactical.com/category/product/8583499-lt-ubs-mount/category_pathway-879
View Quote
If you started with a TAC-14 and put it in this, is it an SBS or an AOW?
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#6]
It's a SBS as once mounted it's a shoulder fired weapon.  An AOW by definition is a "hand held" weapon.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jreinke:
It's a SBS as once mounted it's a shoulder fired weapon.  An AOW by definition is a "hand held" weapon.
View Quote
Mounted to a 10.5" AR "Pistol" = okay?
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats incorrect. UNless theres a new letter, there was written correspondence from the ATF stating that an AOW attached to a rifle will remain an AOW. So you can have an AOW attached to a SBS and the aow stays an aow. This was a big deal for californians as they could attach an their cali legal AOW to their rifles. SBSs are extremely restricted in that state.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, my bad!  
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JsbsMarine:
Thats incorrect. UNless theres a new letter, there was written correspondence from the ATF stating that an AOW attached to a rifle will remain an AOW. So you can have an AOW attached to a SBS and the aow stays an aow. This was a big deal for californians as they could attach an their cali legal AOW to their rifles. SBSs are extremely restricted in that state.
View Quote

Thank you for sharing, I was curious about that.

Would it matter if the attached AOW had its "grip" removed or not in that scenario?  e.g. if mounted to a rifle but rear pistol grip removed ?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

Thank you for sharing, I was curious about that.

Would it matter if the attached AOW had its "grip" removed or not in that scenario?  e.g. if mounted to a rifle but rear pistol grip removed ?
View Quote

Unless your a manufacturer type 03/07 the cost to make a sbs or aow is the same the only difference is the cost to transfer.  So might as well do a sbs, cuz you can later put a stock on it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top