Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2024 12:50:32 PM EDT
I seem to be delayed whenever I purchase anything.
I have a CCW in my state to avoid delays but obviously that don’t work with the feds.
 Has anyone gotten a UPIN to combat this? Did it help or not?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It must help...it's listed on both the Form 1 and Form 4.  If it didn't matter, it wouldn't be on the form.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
My cousin has one, it has helped in his case.

Unfortunately, the number of felons in our extended family hasn't left us untouched.

I've been meaning to get one assigned for some time now. I can't count the number of delays that I've had over the past 20+ years.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Short answer. Yes, absolutely.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it helps!  Took forever to finally get it though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bkssniper:
I seem to be delayed whenever I purchase anything.
I have a CCW in my state to avoid delays but obviously that don’t work with the feds.
 Has anyone gotten a UPIN to combat this? Did it help or not?
View Quote

In most states having a CCW / CHL license allow a holder to bypass the Federal NICS B.S.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#6]
It bypasses the NICS for Title 1 transfers, but this is the NFA forum where OP is concerned his background check will be put in "Delay" status and hold up a quick processing of his NFA transfer application.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Not sure it has helped in my case.  I have a UPIN, state CCL, work .gov email, (1) RP trust no arrests, and still no dice.  I'm over 200 days on two form 4s right now.  One of my last ones was over a year.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#8]
While it will help the FBI clear you faster, your F1's and F4's will still not come back in a few days because someone at the FBI has to put eyes-on your particular BGC.  The only ones the ATF processes quickly are the instant proceeds.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:46:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KCGewehr] [#9]
I've had a UPIN for years. I still get delayed on every 4473 and sometimes on Form 1's in my current state of residence. I recently checked the status on two Form 1's from November of 2023 and they were in a NICS delayed status. Contacted the nics liaison email and had it approved in 12 hours, although they approved 1 of 2 correct control numbers that I had requested.

I used to live in a state where the CCW gave me the automatic proceed on 4473's. I don't think I ever got delayed on any NICS stuff for NFA items though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a UPIN and it doesn’t do jack shit to speed anything up. Last suppressor still took over a year. And I use my social. And I have an extremely unique last name.
N O N E of it matters. ATF is stupid and so is the FBI with their NICS bullshit delays.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm interested in knowing if a UPIN helps or not.

I know that things are different with NFA stuff. I have had my UPIN for years and my regular NICS checks usually go through instantly. The last time I had an hour delay was in 2020.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
UPIN will take longer because there will not be an immediate proceed from the NICS check, based on my experience. The UPIN is there to make sure you don't get denied.
View Quote
I was curious since my NICS checks for Title 1 firearms goes through instantly in most cases when done on a computer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top