Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 10/25/2019 12:46:55 PM EDT
This is a purely tri lug application for a 9mm AR. It’s a DM D size, 7.5” select titanium tube, 1.5OD and 1.360ID with a DM low profile end cap. I asked for modular and to lighten it up, this is what I got today:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I am blown away to say the least. This thing is going to be awesome.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The rifle it will be going on, I know it’s huge

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
He does some nice work!
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]
That thing is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 11:00:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: b3dustoff55] [#5]
That's awesome! I'm trying to figure this all out, I form 1'd a quietbore solvent trap recently and all you do there is drill out the inner parts after its approved. I keep seeing things like this but I'm not sure what you would  do from here to make this into a suppressor or where the parts come from to finish.
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By b3dustoff55:
That's awesome! I'm trying to figure this all out, I form 1'd a quietbore solvent trap recently and all you do there is drill out the inner parts after its approved. I keep seeing things like this but I'm not sure what you would  do from here to make this into a suppressor or where the parts come from to finish.
View Quote
There are a few different avenues for F1 stuff, depending on your capabilities, your budget and how much you want to actually do yourself.  It can be as little as ordering a tube & caps, drilling the cap and assembling, then having someone else help you with the rest in your physical presence, or sending to an SOT to be cored.  Since ATF decided that an empty tube which mounts to a firearm and has a bored end cap installed constitutes a silencer, that's all it has to be for it to be sent out for service.  That's a good share of the F1 critters I work on.  Of course that's not the cheapest route, will generally end up in the same price range as a comparable commercial can, but made exactly how you want it, without the ridiculous F4 wait, and without any transfer fees and minimal sales tax (the parts I make are not retail items, but custom bits with materials and labor billed separately, and there's no sales tax on labor, which is the extreme majority of the cost).
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#7]
It's not difficult, in my case I ordered all the parts from diversified machine, drilled the endcap to an appropriate diameter which constituted "manufacturing" the suppressor on my end then sent it out to ECCO/sixtysixdeuce.

He gave me a call and we discussed what I wanted. ECCO is super easy to deal with. As mentioned I'm getting exactly what I want and in a timely fashion. Price will end up being close to a Dead Air Wolfman which is what i'm loosely trying to duplicate here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Getting closer:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 6:40:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cowbell] [#9]
All finished up and ready to be sent back

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 11:45:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MSUbulldog21:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259822/IMG_5124_JPG-1152529.JPG
View Quote
When I saw you said yours was done, I was like YES maybe I'm next in line. Got a text few hours later of mine almost ready. Just needs the resin

Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Falconpunchjr:
When I saw you said yours was done, I was like YES maybe I'm next in line. Got a text few hours later of mine almost ready. Just needs the resin

https://i.imgur.com/fkqgyEcm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fi3Tnygm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kpJ5QCZm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JxK1jTem.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Falconpunchjr:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259822/IMG_5124_JPG-1152529.JPG

https://i.imgur.com/fkqgyEcm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fi3Tnygm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kpJ5QCZm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JxK1jTem.jpg
Looks awesome! Where’d you get your tube and end caps from?
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I just saw where maverick is getting out of the business. ECCO if you see this please don’t leave us!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:05:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Falconpunchjr] [#13]

Looks awesome! Where’d you get your tube and end caps from?
View Quote
Thanks! His work looks amazing

SDTA tube and ecco's endcap.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm really happy with my ECCO conversions

Link Posted: 11/9/2019 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I think at this point I’m preaching to the choir here but if you’re wondering whether or not to use Ecco just do it. The guy is awesome. He works fast even though he’s getting a massive amount of business. He just knocked my can out in a week. The work looks phenomenal and he even heat treated my stainless baffles just cause he’s a cool guy.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Finally got it back and on its host today:

And another shot of the guts:

The resin finish feels outstanding, I was a bit skeptical at first. The work done by Nick is simply amazing as well.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I really need to submit my stamps and get the ball rolling.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Alright, so I'm planning my next can now ... for some reason I want a 8" titanium 22 can (I know, I know, just use aluminum).

Would it be possible to thread this tubing with the 0.050 wall thickness?

Tubing

@Sixtysixdeuce to the courtesy phone please...
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Alright, so I'm planning my next can now ... for some reason I want a 8" titanium 22 can (I know, I know, just use aluminum).

Tubing

View Quote
.050" is way thicker than it needs to be.  I use. 036" wall on my rimfire models.  I've used thinner, but the super fine thread pitches required for .020" wall and such are really easy to cross thread and take forever to screw caps on & off.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Sixtysixdeuce:
.050" is way thicker than it needs to be.  I use. 036" wall on my rimfire models.  I've used thinner, but the super fine thread pitches required for .020" wall and such are really easy to cross thread and take forever to screw caps on & off.
View All Quotes

Tubing

That's what I expected you to say... I'll probably go with this tubing instead.

Have you done an 8" 22 can before?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#21]

That's what I expected you to say... I'll probably go with this tubing instead.

Have you done an 8" 22 can before?
View Quote
Integrals, yes, and longer, but not as a stand alone can.  6.5" is about it.  You'll definitely be past the point of diminishing returns vs. a 1x6 or so, but if you have an appropriate host, that's not necessarily a problem.

Internals are quite a bit less expensive if you keep the ID under 1".    All of the cans & kits I do are 1.000" x .928" CWSR tube from Tiger.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Are some of those rounds going supersonic?
Seems to be a large variation in sound level from shot to shot.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow that looks awesome. Comfortable sharing the price of his enhancements?
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 7N1x30:
Are some of those rounds going supersonic?
Seems to be a large variation in sound level from shot to shot.
View Quote
Yes it was 3 super, 3 sub, 3 super then 3 sub

The next to last shot was supposed to be sub but apparently my hand load was a little hot and it cracked
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JoeMal:
Wow that looks awesome. Comfortable sharing the price of his enhancements?
View Quote
It is awesome!

I’ll let him comment on price...
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks great, wow. Congrats.

Those subs....yessss.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Here is mine that he did.

223 supers, completely hearing safe.

Link Posted: 11/18/2019 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey ECCO... do you have some 1.375 TI tube laying around?

I want this but in 1.375 diameter (pretty sure this is 1.5 OD). I want a liberty booster to be able to screw directly into it and for it to have this same end cap. For the life of me I cannot seem to source this particular combo from any of the online retailers. Oh and 7” long...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#30]

I want this but in 1.375 diameter (pretty sure this is 1.5 OD). I want a liberty booster to be able to screw directly into it and for it to have this same end cap. For the life of me I cannot seem to source this particular combo from any of the online retailers. Oh and 7” long...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259822/CD3F7682-7AA5-4D76-B503-A4E5BE4AADD9_jpeg-1165859.JPG
View Quote
I do.  The flutes would have to be shallower than the ones in that photo, though, as it's .035" wall.  I wouldn't recommend putting any external features on the .035" wall if it's gonna be used on centerfire rifle.

I don't have a thread gauge for Liberty boosters, so I'd need that here to match it.  The cap design is a little busy, but not a problem to duplicate.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I do.  The flutes would have to be shallower than the ones in that photo, though, as it's .035" wall.  I wouldn't recommend putting any external features on the .035" wall if it's gonna be used on centerfire rifle.

I don't have a thread gauge for Liberty boosters, so I'd need that here to match it.  The cap design is a little busy, but not a problem to duplicate.
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259822/CD3F7682-7AA5-4D76-B503-A4E5BE4AADD9_jpeg-1165859.JPG

In that case we would just forget about the flutes and it will be for a 9mm handgun. I REALLY like that end cap design. Pardon my ignorance because I know nothing about cutting threads on a lathe, but is it possible to do it from a drawing?

Liberty Booster Drawing
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 2:36:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#32]

Liberty Booster Drawing
View Quote
Yes, but I cannot guarantee fitment of non-standard pitch & diameter combinations without the mating piece.  I have precision plug and ring gauges for common muzzle threads, for 1-3/8 24 Omega thread and others, but at $150-$300 per gauge, I only buy the ones I really need.  Correctly sized taps can serve as gauges in some instances, but again, those non standard size are pretty expensive (if you can even find them).

I keep many pitch specific inserts for internal and external, including 24 pitch, but without gauges, all I can do is go by the numbers, and I would have to calculate the the female threads based on that male part drawing, which is less than ideal.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Do I remember @bradpierson26 saying he was nearby to ECCO?

Maybe he has a liberty booster Nick could measure.
View Quote
I’m about 45m away
No liberty pistons though- gemtech and AAC
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks guys but don't worry about it. I just ordered 24" of 1.375-1.259 TI tubing from titanium joe. I'm going to get a liberty booster and send it all out to CO to be cut, threaded and what not. I hope to turn it into 2-7" tubes and 1-8".

While it's there I may get ECCO to cut some flats into it like the dead air ghost
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#37]
That’s a perfect tube size to thread into a Griffin Optimus A2FH Mount.  I bet you could make a sweet small 556 can.

The can in the OP turned out really nice.  If the HPA had passed we’d be seeing a lot more of such nice custom artistic work.  Thanks for showing off just one possibility.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Well I got my tube today, turns out there’s a reason why no one makes a 1.375 tube that the liberty booster can screw into, the dang threads aren’t big enough

Anyway I’ll have to have a booster bushing. I’ll probably just order a bushing from DM and I’ve reached out to SDTA to see if they can make me an endcap like I want in the size I want. I’ve asked DM twice about when I could order one of their low pro end caps with no response...

Once I get that stuff in I’ll be sending it out to ECCO to be threaded and have weight loss surgery.

What’s the point of diminishing returns on 9mm handgun cans? I can pretty much do anything I want with this:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Where can I find a list of F1 suppliers?
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 11:53:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: number40Fan] [#40]
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By dbb1776:
Where can I find a list of F1 suppliers?
View Quote
Diversified Machine
SDTA
Solvent Traps Direct
Aegis
Muted Machine Works
Quiet Bore
Super Precision Concepts
Apogee
Preppers Discount

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. ECCO also sells kits.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#42]
@Sixtysixdeuce is it ok if I send some work out to you? I’ve got my liberty booster and a booster bushing from DM. I will need my tube threaded on both ends and an end cap made. I want it to look like this but possibly bigger/deeper flutes on the tube. The endcap doesn’t have to be an exact copy of this either but something similar. Obviously the end cap will just be center marked as well.

Link Posted: 12/23/2019 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Just ordered a 7.7 Ti tube and end caps from SD Tactical this morning.  I’ll be contacting ECCO as soon as I get my Form 1 filed and returned.  Going to use on my 10.5 AR and the AK with quick mounts on both.   Might even swap the flash hider off my M1A and try it on that as well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
Just ordered a 7.7 Ti tube and end caps from SD Tactical this morning.  I’ll be contacting ECCO as soon as I get my Form 1 filed and returned.  Going to use on my 10.5 AR and the AK with quick mounts on both.   Might even swap the flash hider off my M1A and try it on that as well.
View Quote
You’ll be happy with his work!!

Be sure to post pics when it’s done.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Some more goodies from ECCO!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:35:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Help me out here....What exactly does ECCO do? Is he turning bar stock into your custom baffles, or threading your tube you send him?
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:17:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#47]
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 7:19:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Help me out here....What exactly does ECCO do? Is he turning bar stock into your custom baffles, or threading your tube you send him?
View Quote
Yes he made the baffles on my first can as well as engraved my trust info, coated and added the external features to it. On this second one he threaded the tube I sent to him and made me a custom endcap and mount. Once my stamp is approved I will drill out said custom endcap and return it to him.

If you’re a member on F1 suppressor boards (and you should be if you’re really interested in this) here is a post ECCO made over there that should shed some light on what he offers:

http://form1suppressor.boards.net/thread/4080/ecco-services-pricing
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Yes he made the baffles on my first can as well as engraved my trust info, coated and added the external features to it. On this second one he threaded the tube I sent to him and made me a custom endcap and mount. Once my stamp is approved I will drill out said custom endcap and return it to him.

If you're a member on F1 suppressor boards (and you should be if you're really interested in this) here is a post ECCO made over there that should shed some light on what he offers:

http://form1suppressor.boards.net/thread/4080/ecco-services-pricing
View Quote
I am a member, thank you for that link!
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Has anyone dealt with TC Titanium USA before? They are sending me 16” of TI bar stock and 14” of TI tubing with .051 walls. Guess I will be forwarding it on to Nick to see what he can do. Hopefully turn it into a couple rimfire kits
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top