Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2024 2:37:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210]
I just got an EFT fingerprint card from my prints with Capitol Armory.  This is my first time using an EFT file.

I created a Form 1, uploaded the EFT file and the Validation status said it was a valid EBTS Package. It had my correct name and SSN. I clicked OK and it showed the EFT file in the box, just like the ID photo in it's box.  I completed the rest of the form, paid my tax and submitted it.  It emailed me a cover letter saying to mail in the fingerprints.

I went back into the Submitted/In Process section, opened my submitted form to view, went to the responsible person section, edited that and a box pops up and says there is an error, contact system administrator. When I click OK on that error box to close it, my Add Responsible Person box shows the uploaded photo, but not the EFT file. So it looks like I'm going to have to submit fingerprint cards after all?

Have any of you gotten this error?

I created a new draft form and I can reproduce the problem. I upload the photo and EFT, save the Add Responsible Person entry. When I go back in to edit it, I get the same error and the EFT file is missing.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:13:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#1]
On your cover letter, to the right of yours and any RP’s names, does it say REC’D? If yes, then you’re good to go.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Glocked:
On your cover letter, to the right of yours and any RP's names, does it say REC'D? If yes, then you're good to go.
View Quote
Yes it does!  That means they have my prints? (he asks hopefully)
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:06:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#3]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
On your cover letter, to the right of yours and any RP's names, does it say REC'D? If yes, then you're good to go.

Yes, that means they received them.

FWIW: When I had an issue with my eft file in the past. It rejected/wouldn’t validate as soon as you try uploading them. It shoots out an error code instantly.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Yes, that means they received them.

FWIW: When I had an issue with my eft file in the past. It rejected/wouldn't validate as soon as you try uploading them. It shoots out an error code instantly.
View Quote
Awesome!  Thanks so much for the help.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
To close the loop on this, my eForm 1 was approved today.  So despite the error, the EFT was indeed uploaded.

I also found this page describing my exact problem:
https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/blogs/nfa-gun-trust-atf-information-database-blog/atf-eforms-eft-upload-error

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top