Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2024 5:59:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stahlhelm35]
So I did a gun deal today and got a Chicom sks. I've been doing research and found that due to the five digit an and no tula marking it the /26\ on it, it's known as the "ghost gun" of sks's. Meaning that it was the first run of SKS rifles that were truly made from Chinese parts. Blonde stock with no sn. The bayonet is a screw swivel vs the roll pin and a spike bayonet. It is import marked but wth. Now this is all speculation on my part since im new to the SKS world. If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it. No sn on bolt.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:56:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#1]
Nice. You should post some pics.

Early SKS features were a blade bayonet, milled trigger housing, and a lightening cut milled into the side of the bolt carrier. There were also some more subtle changes.

/26\ indicates the Jianshe Arsenal, which used Russian parts in 1956-1957 while they started manufacturing their own.
More info here:
http://chinesesks.weebly.com/arsenal-26.html
https://www.yooperj.com/

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 7:34:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I will try to figure out how to do that. All I see on it is a 12xxx serial number and no other markings. Since it has a spike and blonde stock with swivel on the bottom, I'm going to assume that it was a refurbished rifle and then exported. There's no numbers on the bolt or carrier. I'm gonna take it out of the stock today and see if there are any more markings.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Could just be a made for export SKS. Pics would help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top