Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2024 6:29:48 AM EDT
Anybody use one, or have an opinion based on experience with it?

https://eberlestock.com/products/switchblade
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought one, in blue, around a month ago (give or take) and I freaking LOVE it.  I was poking around looking at surplus packs, blah blah blah, and realized that for the price army-navy types want for your average issue "assault" pack I could just spend another hundo or so and get something different.  Everything about it is great so far.  I'm using it as a general 'bug out' (God, I hate that term), go to the range, weekend at the in-laws or at the farm, camping, quick couple night trip... whatever bag.  Has a LOT of space, and I love that it's completely front loading for access.  Side pockets are bigger than you'd think, and the interior pockets for hydration and electronics fold away neatly if you don't want to use them.  The harness adjustment system is really cool, although I haven't had to do much with it (I'm average height, stocky guy) but it is a super cool set up where you can move the shoulder points up or down along the body of the pack.

For under $250, it's really a no brainer.... and I'm a freaking cheapskate.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:27:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad you like it. I ordered a blue one myself, should be here next week. I wanted a “grey man” looking bag, didn’t want molle all over it, and the YouTube reviews looked good.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Eberlestock has been on my do not buy list for a couple decades.

Way back when, when the J104 was the new hotness, I managed to find one at a Sportsman's Warehouse. Liked it, bought it, took the tags off, loaded it, and went hunting for a couple weeks.

Got back home, started unloading it, and I'll be damned if one of the longways zippers on the batwing doesn't have a zipper on it. I missed it loading, because I just shoved a tripod in the pocket using the top zipper.

Now, I can't take it back to SW. I reach out to Eberlestock to see what it would cost to have them fix it. Nope, gotta take it back where I bought it, they wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Moral of the story, inspect every zipper, seam, buckle, and stitch before you take the tags off.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:44:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnaitN] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ADKRebel:
Glad you like it. I ordered a blue one myself, should be here next week. I wanted a “grey man” looking bag, didn’t want molle all over it, and the YouTube reviews looked good.
View Quote

Yep, exactly why I went with it.  I have an IFAK in a small Daka in one exterior side pocket and it lays absolutely flat, a pack netting scrim in the other just because it was inexpensive and cool, a TQ, light, sharpies, Skittles up top, and I have a woobie in a space bag that fits perfectly in the hydration pouch when I want it!  Like I said, it is my 'random stuff' pack, I'm going to end up using it for just about anything.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one that I’ve abused for years. No complaints.

Attachment Attached File

Here it is next to a 5.11 rush24

Attachment Attached File

Like every pack , there’s pros and cons. But it’s Eberlestock and damn good.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:40:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: opusc] [#7]
Originally Posted By ADKRebel:
Anybody use one, or have an opinion based on experience with it?

https://eberlestock.com/products/switchblade
View Quote

Used one for about a year, as an assault bag for work. Pretty durable, quite heavy bag, and the sliding pocket fit a Glock 19 pretty well. After a year of using it every day, pretty hard, some issues occurred with stitching on the webbing materials for the MOLLE and straps. I replaced it with a MR 3DAP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top