[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dmk0210:

... And out of stock already.
View Quote

Wowza
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:20:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Shit I think that's exactly what I want. I'm actually going to certify my scythe ti tomorrow, just got a notification. I'm just not sure how much space in the first chamber for muzzle devices. If anyone knows let me know. Weird, must be an omen.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:02:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ECCO_Machine:
I'm still running them, just put the first 25 in stock to gauge how many I need to run in this batch.  

More than I thought, evidently.
View Quote

Hi

When will you have this in stock

Griffin Long & XL 1.375-24 Bravo Adapter
Any in titanium?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:39:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Would I have enough room to run the Paladin brake with this adapter and my scythe ti?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:02:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess the email notification didn't work...
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:25:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Toker_:
View Quote
It worked for me, I was able to order another one.  Hopefully, you're still able to grab one of the extra ones.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ECCO_Machine:
I'm still running them, just put the first 25 in stock to gauge how many I need to run in this batch.  

More than I thought, evidently.
View Quote
FWIW, I’m in for 3 now, and a few more later after everyone else gets a chance to get theirs.  

Other than appearance, is there any maintenance downside to either natural or Moly-Coat Resin? Like, will damaging the coating cause misalignment or will the uncoated version stick to a Ti mount? In case you can’t tell, I’m totally unfamiliar with that coating.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
FWIW, I’m in for 3 now, and a few more later after everyone else gets a chance to get theirs.  

Other than appearance, is there any maintenance downside to either natural or Moly-Coat Resin? Like, will damaging the coating cause misalignment or will the uncoated version stick to a Ti mount? In case you can’t tell, I’m totally unfamiliar with that coating.
View Quote

Norrel’s Moly Resin is a thin, hard, durable, temp resistant, solvent impervious, thermally cured, mostly cosmetic (especially for titanium) coating.  I’d be surprised if it’s applied to mating surfaces. It’s hard to scratch and looks good.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Other than appearance, is there any maintenance downside to either natural or Moly-Coat Resin? Like, will damaging the coating cause misalignment or will the uncoated version stick to a Ti mount?
View Quote
Neither the threads nor the taper are coated.
It's purely a cosmetic feature on the outside of the mount.

So there is no functional difference between coated or uncoated.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I’ll add that my chopped MG7K done by Ecco was refinished with moly resin, and I’ve found it to be a very durable coating. Way better than the cerakote on my Wolfman, for instance.

The King of Silence, Improved: Rex MG7K Mod Ecco
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Worked for me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

Worked for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

Worked for me.

Originally Posted By turbobrick:
It worked for me, I was able to order another one.  Hopefully, you're still able to grab one of the extra ones.

Signed up again. Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Semi related - are any of your Plan A / HUB adapters cut to fit with that little indented waist the Ranger 7 has? My Griffin adapter has a skirt that hits it and prevents full seating.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:54:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#16]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:

Norrel’s Moly Resin is a thin, hard, durable, temp resistant, solvent impervious, thermally cured, mostly cosmetic (especially for titanium) coating.  I’d be surprised if it’s applied to mating surfaces. It’s hard to scratch and looks good.
View Quote

Neither the threads nor the taper are coated.
It's purely a cosmetic feature on the outside of the mount.

So there is no functional difference between coated or uncoated.
View Quote
Thanks, guys. (Edit: bought 3 in ODG)

Originally Posted By Amish_Bill:
Semi related - are any of your Plan A / HUB adapters cut to fit with that little indented waist the Ranger 7 has? My Griffin adapter has a skirt that hits it and prevents full seating.
View Quote
The Griffin Plan A L doesn’t have the skirt that the regular Griffin Plan A has. Don’t remember if we’ve talked about that before, or know for sure if it’ll work.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

The Ranger 7 needs the Plan A Long to fit the Griffin muzzle devices.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/plan-a-long-taper-mount-adapter-for-omega-nomad-other-1-375x24-threaded-suppressors/

That being said, this Ecco looks like it may fit, but no one has confirmed it yet. If I can purchase one, I'll report back if it fits or not.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#18]
...The Griffin Plan A L doesn't have the skirt that the regular Griffin Plan A has. Don't remember if we've talked about that before, or know for sure if it'll work.
View All Quotes
...The Griffin Plan A L doesn't have the skirt that the regular Griffin Plan A has. Don't remember if we've talked about that before, or know for sure if it'll work.
I think you answered in a previous post. I still haven't chucked this into a drillpress to trim down with a file, had custom work done somewhere, or sold it and bought something different.

The Ranger 7 needs the Plan A Long to fit the Griffin muzzle devices.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/plan-a-long-taper-mount-adapter-for-omega-nomad-other-1-375x24-threaded-suppressors/

That being said, this Ecco looks like it may fit, but no one has confirmed it yet. If I can purchase one, I'll report back if it fits or not.
Thanks for the assist.

This is weird - The A is too short, the XL gives more internal space and looks better, but has an interfering internal skirt, but the more expensive "L" smack in the middle doesn't.

Hmmm... I just had a random idea - is that internal restriction an alignment taper?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Hmmm... I just had a random idea - is that internal restriction an alignment taper?
View Quote

No idea. The factory AAC direct thread only has a miniscule lip in front of the threads. Maybe someone with a Stamp adapter can chime in on what that has.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Meh, Plan B is better
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:
Meh, Plan B is better
View Quote

Thank you for your helpful contribution.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:

Thank you for your helpful contribution.
View Quote

Your welcome
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Meh, Plan B is better
View Quote

In what way?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Luny421:

In what way?
View Quote

He had Kevin call him.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:

He had Kevin call him.
View Quote

Unpossible
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:31:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Got the email notification this time. Ordered one. Let's see if it fits the Ranger 7.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:05:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Ok help me out here. It says "1.375-24 Bravo (“ASR”, “H.U.B.”) Griffin taper adapter specs". Does this mean it fits any Bravo "HUB" suppressor for the Griffin Taper Adapters? The "ASR" in the description throws me off, I thought "ASR" was a different mounting solution. What I want is a Titanium adapter to fit in my Scythe Ti that will take Plan A taper muzzle devices from Griffin, is this what I want?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:24:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eagarminuteman] [#30]
Forgot to quote
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:24:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By fmkenner:
Ok help me out here. It says "1.375-24 Bravo (“ASR”, “H.U.B.”) Griffin taper adapter specs". Does this mean it fits any Bravo "HUB" suppressor for the Griffin Taper Adapters? The "ASR" in the description throws me off, I thought "ASR" was a different mounting solution. What I want is a Titanium adapter to fit in my Scythe Ti that will take Plan A taper muzzle devices from Griffin, is this what I want?
View Quote

Yes this is what you want.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:44:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fmkenner] [#32]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

View All Quotes

Thank you.

ETA: Just  ordered it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:14:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Ok help me out here. It says "1.375-24 Bravo ("ASR", "H.U.B.") Griffin taper adapter specs". Does this mean it fits any Bravo "HUB" suppressor for the Griffin Taper Adapters? The "ASR" in the description throws me off, I thought "ASR" was a different mounting solution. What I want is a Titanium adapter to fit in my Scythe Ti that will take Plan A taper muzzle devices from Griffin, is this what I want?
View Quote
You can see the Ecco Ti adapter here peeking out the bottom of my jailbound Scythe.  I went by to test fit once the can got to the dealer.  Fit up was perfect, I tested the Ecco with a Ti Griffin brake and some non-Ti Griffin brakes at home as well.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:35:39 AM EDT
[#34]

In what way?
View All Quotes
Meh, Plan B is better

In what way?

Threads are behind the taper.  Think its lighter as well IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Ordered 4
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Threads are behind the taper.  Think its lighter as well IIRC.
View Quote

That's just a personal preference. All the basic taper mounts work equally well. The differences boil down to FH/Brake/Comp designs available, thread patterns available, aesthetics, tool features, and very slight weight/length differences. Except for thread patterns, these are all just personal preference.

Unless there is a Ti mount for Plan B, I doubt it's lighter than these Ti Ecco mounts.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:05:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eagarminuteman] [#38]

That's just a personal preference. All the basic taper mounts work equally well. The differences boil down to FH/Brake/Comp designs available, thread patterns available, aesthetics, tool features, and very slight weight/length differences. Except for thread patterns, these are all just personal preference.

Unless there is a Ti mount for Plan B, I doubt it's lighter than these Ti Ecco mounts.
View Quote

Pretty sure the DD Zilch is the only one close at 1.5 oz, Ecco is at 1.1 oz.

ETA: Rearden Atlas Ti is 1.2 oz, I stand corrected
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Threads are behind the taper.
View Quote

I figured that would be the response. It’s a nonissue.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Threads are behind the taper.

I have not seen any engineering data that’s shows which mating location (before or after the threads) offers a more secure connection.  IMO, it’s personal preference.  Seems the Plan B option just offers more muzzle device options currently which can make it more appealing to some.  

I like the Gyrex option with the larger mating surface and quick turn threads but it has limited muzzle device options and is proprietary but I guess all the different taper options were proprietary at one point.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:

IMO, it’s personal preference.  Seems the Plan B option just offers more muzzle device options currently which can make it more appealing to some.  
View Quote
Yep. And plan A has more thread patterns available.

You pay your money and you make your choice.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

The Zilch is good for shorter muzzle devices as it pushes forward past the flange that forms the wrench flats. Longer muzzle devices & short blast chambers could run out of space.

For a hunting can a Plan A made out of 7075 aluminum would be very light. The smaller hole in a Plan B probably makes it always a touch heavier for the pea under the mattress gram counters.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#43]
These seem pretty popular
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#45]
So basically tapers are good. Before threads, after threads, it don’t matter. Tapers are good.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:44:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Would it be ok to run titanium adapters with steel suppressors? Would mixing titanium and steel give a negative affect? I just got a titanium adapters for my scythe ti which makes sense. But I still need a couple more adapters for other cans. Should I just stick with steel for them?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:21:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Would it be ok to run titanium adapters with steel suppressors? Would mixing titanium and steel give a negative affect? I just got a titanium adapters for my scythe ti which makes sense. But I still need a couple more adapters for other cans. Should I just stick with steel for them?
View Quote

You can mix steel suppressors and titanium mounts with zero negative effects.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:06:14 AM EDT
[#48]

You can mix steel suppressors and titanium mounts with zero negative effects.
View Quote

You don't think the titanium would get too hot in a hard used can?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

The mass and cross-sectional area of the Ti adapters is higher than that of a Ti baffle. It will be fine.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#50]

The mass and cross-sectional area of the Ti adapters is higher than that of a Ti baffle. It will be fine.
View All Quotes

Thanks. I'm right in the planning stages, figuring out what mounts I want. I might as well get all titanium adapters while I'm here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top