Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2024 8:24:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Heineken]
Not my pic.  Dude on a FB NV user group.  Guys had been joking about looking at eclipse with NV...

One dude said f it and pulled it off.    Sometimes it not about practicality or necessity...it's just a "can it be done" type of thing.  I think it's hilarious.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yikes!  So he wrecked his tube just to take a NV pic thru it?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:02:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Heineken] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CTone03:
Yikes!  So he wrecked his tube just to take a NV pic thru it?
View Quote

Nope. Didn't even have any permanent blem.

He used an older beater tube (just in case), waited till full eclipse totality and was quick.  He said once in a lifetime chance, so he was willing to take the risk.

I chatted with him for a second....dude seemed legit.  I'm sure it also wouldn't be hard to Photoshop and BS, but it looks legit to me
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool pick, but what a pair of balls!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Why is it every time there's an eclipse, someone is trying to do this, and there's usually jarheads involved.  

My fucking dentist (former Army Major btw) was just telling me how he was trying to sneak a peak at it, and then drilling in my mouth the next day.  Real confidence builder there.  

A buddy said the amount of people going on line and saying shit like why do my eyes hurt went up exponentially after the deal.  Also troubling.  

And all these people vote.  We are fucked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top