Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2024 9:43:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210]
Do any of you guys have both of these cans?

I'm looking at the specs of these and they look pretty much equivalent to me. Very closely matched. The Peak has EA's ID ring, and the Explorr has the option of Hub, or you can get the integrated Plan A version for slightly less weight. The Explorr has a flash hider endcap, but the Peak has a replaceable endcap. Other than that, I can't see any advantages of one over the other.

What do you guys thing? Am I missing anything?  Maybe there is a difference in sound or back pressure?

I own an Hub version of the Explorr 300, but I've never even seen a Peak in person.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#1]

I'm admittedly a griffin fan, and the taper mount explorr is a great can. I don't see the need/desire for the interchangeable end caps. Its another threaded interface to get seized or cross threaded.

the taper mount explorr is a great can and mounting system.

im sure it performs similarly but the end cap and HUB threads are negative features to me (since I'm already invested into taper mount MDs on my rifles).
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IHTFP08:

I'm admittedly a griffin fan, and the taper mount explorr is a great can. I don't see the need/desire for the interchangeable end caps. Its another threaded interface to get seized or cross threaded.
View Quote
I agree. Plus the Explorr has EcoFlow baffles. In theory it should have less back pressure than the Peak.

I think I'm going to get another Explorr 300 (Fixed taper mount this time) and a Vox S instead of the Peak. Both are out of stock at CA, so whichever comes back in stock first.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
I agree. Plus the Explorr has EcoFlow baffles. In theory it should have less back pressure than the Peak.

I think I'm going to get another Explorr 300 (Fixed taper mount this time) and a Vox S instead of the Peak. Both are out of stock at CA, so whichever comes back in stock first.
View Quote

I'd check your local dealers and Griffin direct. They're showing OOS for me too. The 224 is available.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By IHTFP08:

I'd check your local dealers and Griffin direct. They're showing OOS for me too. The 224 is available.
View Quote
My local dealer unfortunately only stocks DA, Sico and YHM.

I'll just wait until Griffin makes more Explorr 300s. Then I can buy direct or through CA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top