Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2023 7:19:31 PM EDT
Anyone have one of these? How many pumps does it take to fill the tank with a hand pump? If it jambs, is there a way to manually cycle the action?

Viper

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 8:23:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PerpetualNewb] [#1]
Looks like a nice piece.

The user manual is here and has an explanation how to work on jams, etc. Google is your frenemy.
https://www.evanix.shop/products/viper

I don't have a Viper, but for my Marauder Pistol the number of pumps is kinda like how many licks to the center of a Tootsie Pop. (Owl ~= tank)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6rHeD5x2tI

The number of pumps from a Hill hand pump for the Marauder from empty to full is several sets of 20 to full. (Alex, I'd like to buy a preposition?) Whether that's 60, 80, 100..., don't remember. Plus side, it's one of the few things I can do and not be as worn out as some skinny runner health nut.

Behold the Power of Beer!!
Attachment Attached File

The accuracy starts to go (PoI shift) as the pressure gets 'low', so you won't be refilling from '0'. Depending on your pump, how much you shoot the pressure down, etc, refilling could take 20, could take...

So far, when I've been at the range people have wondered WTF I was shooting. With the shoulder stock, barrel shroud, and air rifle scope, it looks kinda bad azz. Then it's phft, phft, phft and holding a group of 0.22" holes inside a 1/4" at 25 yards, people ask about it and don't turn down a chance to try it. But, they gotta pump it up first!

I keep it at least partially filled during storage. Supposedly PCP seals like being filled better than being empty. Also, doesn't require as much beer power to make ready...

Yes, I dropped a box of emoji's and had to put them somewhere.

Hope some of it helps and wasn't total nonsense.

PN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top