User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:15:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Looks awesome!

Sad I keep missing out on those. I don’t even have the 15P yet so I may breakdown and buy the package deal from Arms Unlimited.
View Quote

Same. I’m looking for the stock before I commit to buying a 15P. If I don’t find one I’ll probably just break down and buy their package deal, although I prefer FDE to black.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 1:53:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Is ShotShow 2024 the year that FN announces the SCAR-SC in .300BLK?
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

Same. I’m looking for the stock before I commit to buying a 15P. If I don’t find one I’ll probably just break down and buy their package deal, although I prefer FDE to black.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cms81586:

Looks awesome!

Sad I keep missing out on those. I don’t even have the 15P yet so I may breakdown and buy the package deal from Arms Unlimited.

The only problem is they’ve never made the SC stock in FDE because they never made the SC in FDE it’s strictly the 15P for the commercial market that comes in FDE. I’m sure that will change the moment I buy the black one.

Originally Posted By tranzformer:
Is ShotShow 2024 the year that FN announces the SCAR-SC in .300BLK?

Fingers crossed. They had the $200 rebate on the 15P at the end of the year, that gives me hope but the timing of the “brace ban” really put a damper on 15P sales so they may have just been desperate to get inventory moved before the end of the year. Honestly I think it’s 50/50 they either come out with 300blk or quietly abandon the 15P all together.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]

The only problem is they’ve never made the SC stock in FDE because they never made the SC in FDE it’s strictly the 15P for the commercial market that comes in FDE. I’m sure that will change the moment I buy the black one.

Fingers crossed. They had the $200 rebate on the 15P at the end of the year, that gives me hope but the timing of the “brace ban” really put a damper on 15P sales so they may have just been desperate to get inventory moved before the end of the year. Honestly I think it’s 50/50 they either come out with 300blk or quietly abandon the 15P all together.
View Quote

I’m fine with a black SC stock.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I will not buy a SCAR 15P until they offer 300 black out barrels/conversion kits. Period. I realize our ARFCOM gods posted a video showing how much damage 5.56 bonded ammo out of a 7.5” barrel can be. However, I have plenty of 5.56 NATO rifles (including a SBR). 300 black out makes far more sense to me for this platform.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By themao:
I will not buy a SCAR 15P until they offer 300 black out barrels/conversion kits. Period. I realize our ARFCOM gods posted a video showing how much damage 5.56 bonded ammo out of a 7.5” barrel can be. However, I have plenty of 5.56 NATO rifles (including a SBR). 300 black out makes far more sense to me for this platform.
View Quote

+1. Especially since I would run the SCAR-SC/15p suppressed 99% of the time. .300BLK is the only way. I don't need a 7.5" 5.56. I am not some government agency/military unit running simunition that needs a 5.56 barrel. I need a .300BLK barrel for a pdw for the truck or bag gun. I am just shocked that FN hasn't seen how successful Sig has been with the Rattler.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I think we’ll eventually see the 300BO 15P but until then I’m glad to have mine even in 5.56. I shoot it suppressed without issue and also have a DS 300BO barrel for supersonic 300BO that works well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the idea of having both. 5.56 for less expensive training and 300blk for actual use. That said if I knew for 100% certain they would never release 300blk I’d probably pass and get the Sig.

I was all set to dive in and get a 15P when they were first released and trust FN would soon follow up with 300blk barrels but I chickened out. Now I want to at least know I can get the SC stock before committing. I’d buy the package deal for $3250 but 15Ps have been going on gunbroker for less than $2300, I don’t want to pay up $1000 for a $500 stock.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the idea of having both. 5.56 for less expensive training and 300blk for actual use. That said if I knew for 100% certain they would never release 300blk I’d probably pass and get the Sig.

I was all set to dive in and get a 15P when they were first released and trust FN would soon follow up with 300blk barrels but I chickened out. Now I want to at least know I can get the SC stock before committing. I’d buy the package deal for $3250 but 15Ps have been going on gunbroker for less than $2300, I don’t want to pay up $1000 for a $500 stock.
View Quote

Worst case there’s aftermarket options to do a .300 BLK barrel. Could probably find a sacrificial 16S barrel to use to do it too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:55:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Coalkoy] [#10]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top