Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2024 2:54:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OlympicArmsFan]
I am looking for some suggestions on a fanny/waist pack for EDC. I have a hand surgery coming up that I will not have the use of my left hand for at least two weeks. I will be wearing a lot of workout shorts and won't be able to conceal carry on my hip. I would like to be able to carry my M&P 2.0 or Glock G19 with spare mags, maybe my M&P Bodyguard would be better suited for carry while recovering. I am okay with doing that. I would also like the ability of carrying two tourniquets. I am on a budget and would like to stay within the $25.00 dollar range.  

My daily carry consist of -

Wallet
Keys
Knife
Flashlight
Two tourniquets
Phone

I may like to add in some medical items that I don't normally carry on my body. I feel like this pack will allow me to do that much easier. I also don't want to spend a lot for this right now. If I like this style of carry it may be something I will consider doing during the summer.  

Thanks for the suggestions and help everyone.

***Update***

I went with Highland Tactical. I found this on Amazon. It is very well made and roomy. The main pocket will fit my Sig P250, M&P 2.0 and my Glock G19. I may carry my S&W M&P Bodyguard 380 while I am recovering my hand surgery. The Bodyguard will be easier to grab after opening the pouch one handed. Two hand pouch opening any of my other handguns will work great with this fanny/waist pack.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By OlympicArmsFan:
I am looking for some suggestions on a fanny/waist pack for EDC. I have a hand surgery coming up that I will not have the use of my left hand for at least two weeks. I will be wearing a lot of workout shorts and won't be able to conceal carry on my hip. I would like to be able to carry my M&P 2.0 or Glock G19 with spare mags, maybe my M&P Bodyguard would be better suited for carry while recovering. I am okay with doing that. I would also like the ability of carrying two tourniquets. I am on a budget and would like to stay within the $25.00 dollar range.  

Wallet
Keys
Knife
Flashlight
Two tourniquets
Phone

I may like to add in some medical items that I don't normally carry on my body. I feel like this pack will allow me to do that much easier. I also don't want to spend a lot for this right now. If I like this style of carry it may be something I will consider doing during the summer.  

View Quote

This is what you seek.  I got one for my mother, and it's actually decently made, unlike most of the fanny packs on the market.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E5AZD8

If you don't mind spending a little more, Helikon makes a couple of fanny packs that are better, and in a bunch of colors, including a wide variety of non-tactical colors.  Their  'Possum' model is the smaller one, it's like $37ish?  Their  'Bandicot' one is like $45ish?  It's a touch bigger and it has a velcro loop panel in the back of the main pocket (with a removable organizer that goes on it) that you can rig up with a velcro holster if you wanted to use it for CCW carry.  Mine fits a glock 19 + extra mag fine.  

https://www.amazon.com/Helikon-Tex-Urban-Bandicoot-Waist-Earth/dp/B0BYC8S8T2
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:30:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#2]
I use a Blackhawk. G19.5 with light and spare mag.  Cuffs on one side pouch, cuff key on the other (for date nights).  Front pouch that you can't see isn't overly thick and it holds my wallet, flash light, lighter, cigar cutter, pocket knife, chapstik, and sometimes my phone.  Back side is padded for comfort and to hold shape. The pad has grooves for air circulation.  I have had it several years, so it holds up well. I recently put a stronger metal buckle on it. It comes with a full holster that velcros into that compartment, but I got rid of it to use the light.  I have a better trigger guard now, that one wore out.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:04:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OlympicArmsFan] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By marnsdorff:

This is what you seek.  I got one for my mother, and it's actually decently made, unlike most of the fanny packs on the market.

If you don't mind spending a little more, Helikon makes a couple of fanny packs that are better, and in a bunch of colors, including a wide variety of non-tactical colors.  Their  'Possum' model is the smaller one, it's like $37ish?  Their  'Bandicot' one is like $45ish?  It's a touch bigger and it has a velcro loop panel in the back of the main pocket (with a removable organizer that goes on it) that you can rig up with a velcro holster if you wanted to use it for CCW carry.  Mine fits a glock 19 + extra mag fine.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Wallet
Keys
Knife
Flashlight
Two tourniquets
Phone

It’s funny you mention Jansport. I put that in my cart today. I remember them back in the day as a kid growing up in the 80s and 90s. I wonder if I can get my M&P 2.0 or just my Bodyguard in it?

Most of what I’m finding are really large packs and I’m ok with that as well. I can sling over my chest or back but the Jansport I think may fit the bill better. Not as noticeable or as tactical.

I forgot to add. I love Helikon-Tex stuff. My chest rig is Helikon and I would like to get one of their fanny packs but out of my budget for now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
I use a Blackhawk. G19.5 with light and spare mag.  Cuffs on one side pouch, cuff key on the other (for date nights).  Front pouch that you can't see isn't overly thick and it holds my wallet, flash light, lighter, cigar cutter, pocket knife, chapstik, and sometimes my phone.  Back side is padded for comfort and to hold shape. The pad has grooves for air circulation.  I have had it several years, so it holds up well. I recently put a stronger metal buckle on it. It comes with a full holster that velcros into that compartment, but I got rid of it to use the light.  I have a better trigger guard now, that one wore out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41996/gun_light_fanny_pack-3189689.jpg
View Quote

I will see if I can find that one. I forgot that they made one.

And does your date have a sister that is single? Haha.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I went with Highland Tactical. I found this on Amazon. It is very well made and roomy. The main pocket will fit my Sig P250, M&P 2.0 and my Glock G19. I may carry my S&W M&P Bodyguard 380 while I am recovering my hand surgery. The Bodyguard will be easier to grab after opening the pouch one handed. Two hand pouch opening any of my other handguns will work great with this fanny/waist pack.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Ive got this one.... Keep my G42 in the very back pouch.... Main pouch keep my can of snuff, etc.... Smaller pouch in front I keep two spare mags.... Up top I keep a folder and one of those defensive ball point pens shoved into the sleeve...
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:07:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dru:

Ive got this one.... Keep my G42 in the very back pouch.... Main pouch keep my can of snuff, etc.... Smaller pouch in front I keep two spare mags.... Up top I keep a folder and one of those defensive ball point pens shoved into the sleeve...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dru:

That’s awesome. The rear pouch I can’t fit any of my compact guns in other than the Bodyguard. The center pouch I can fit them all in and draw them out easily. But this is my first waist pack so I’ve got some getting used to it.

How do you find accessing the rear pocket when pouch is on body? Are you carrying around the waist or cross body?

I need to find my setup and start using this now. My surgery is one month away so I have the time to get used to this type of carry.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#9]
@wildearp

Where did you get that style finger guard? I’m looking for one for my Dagger with TLR7. TIA
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cap6888:
@wildearp

Where did you get that style finger guard? I'm looking for one for my Dagger with TLR7. TIA
View Quote
The one in the photo was semi custom and it wore out.  I don't know who made it.  I use this one now. @cap6888

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, I sent it back. The strap wouldn’t stay tighten. Kept loosening up under the weight of my gun and all my other stuff that I carry. Decided to go with a small sling pack. I’ll see how that works.

I also didn’t think about being one handed and being able to unbuckle the waist pack and buckle it back.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:27:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dru] [#13]

That’s awesome. The rear pouch I can’t fit any of my compact guns in other than the Bodyguard. The center pouch I can fit them all in and draw them out easily. But this is my first waist pack so I’ve got some getting used to it.

How do you find accessing the rear pocket when pouch is on body? Are you carrying around the waist or cross body?

I need to find my setup and start using this now. My surgery is one month away so I have the time to get used to this type of carry.
View Quote

Access is easy.... I wear it across the body... Me being right handed its worn and the pistol is oriented in the pouch accordingly!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I sent it back. The strap wouldn’t stay tighten. Kept loosening up under the weight of my gun and all my other stuff that I carry. Decided to go with a small sling pack. I’ll see how that works.

I also didn’t think about being one handed and being able to unbuckle the waist pack and buckle it back.
View Quote

Most will loosen up unless you add a tri-glide and back channel the loose end through it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Can someone recommend a similar pack but with a dedicated water bottle section as well?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#16]
The highland looks like a maxpedition octa knockoff. The octa is beefy
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:53:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#17]
Originally Posted By Spydermonkey:
The highland looks like a maxpedition octa knockoff. The octa is beefy
View Quote

The Highlands are definitely not up to the construction/materials level of an Octa.  Octa is nylon Cordura and nylon webbing whereas the Highlands are probably polyester.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#18]
It actually felt very thick to me. I didn’t even look at the material. I was hoping this would work but it didn’t for my needs. Also being one handed with this upcoming surgery it would have been harder to use. I went with  sling bag and it’s going to workout for me. I’m testing it now and I can tell it’s easier to use one handed and with my EDC stuff. It’s cross body wear either on my back or chest. I could have done that with the waist pack but the weight would cause issues for the pockets.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

If you don't like the sling bag you have, Kelty makes a decent, non-tactical looking sling bag designed to carry a gun.  I have one and my mother actually has one too.  Which is weird.  (Then again, all the women in my family have carried guns for generations, as in back before even revolvers were a thing.  Found that out when my 90 year old grandmother wanted to play with my Ruger LCP one day.   'this reminds me of the little .25 pistol me and my friends at school all started carrying when we were 15!')
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#20]

If you don't like the sling bag you have, Kelty makes a decent, non-tactical looking sling bag designed to carry a gun.  I have one and my mother actually has one too.  Which is weird.  (Then again, all the women in my family have carried guns for generations, as in back before even revolvers were a thing.  Found that out when my 90 year old grandmother wanted to play with my Ruger LCP one day.   'this reminds me of the little .25 pistol me and my friends at school all started carrying when we were 15!')
View All Quotes

Thanks I will look them up. The one that I got it looks like something a teen kid would wear. Nothing really tatical about it. I like that. So far I like this sling bag and it’s small and compact and works for what I’ll use it for. Also it will work when I go on trips or hospital visits with my dad. I usually carry a big backpack and I hate that.

That’s a funny story about your grandfather. What a different time that was in our country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top