Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2023 3:44:27 PM EDT
Rang the doorbell & took off, driver signed for it.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:08:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#1]
Black powder (ie muzzleloader)?
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope.  Title 1.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:13:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#3]
Mighty hard to get decent help these days.   Often, a warm body that "usually" shows up and does not offend wokeness is all it takes.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Nope.  Title 1.
View Quote

Yikes.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad I’m not the only one. They changed the address on my transfer to the FFL’s home address and left it in front of his garage yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
OTOH, I just got a delivery of some scope rings and FedEx wanted to scan my ID for it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:28:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RABIDFOX50] [#7]
View Quote

Yup. Three weeks ago I had a case of 5.7 ammo left in the middle of my driveway. Got rained on. Went to the FedEx hub and raised hell. Shipper threatened to sue FedEx. Had them on the phone while speaking to the fucktard supervisor. They sent me a new case via UPS that did the correct thing and placed it on my porch. FedEx driver was fired. Driver had prior convictions for theft, DUI and battery on a pregnant woman YET is still walking around getting jobs they should have turned him down for. Fuck FedEx and the motherfucker.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd think that's on the shipper. If they didn't request adult signature. it's not the shipping Co responsibility
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By nvhunter:  I'd think that's on the shipper. If they didn't request adult signature. it's not the shipping Co responsibility
View Quote

Sports South requested signature.  I'm an FFL.  Driver signed his little phone himself.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#10]
And I just got this email from UPS:

This summer, UPS and the U.S. Teamsters reached a new five-year labor agreement that rewards our hardworking people and sets us up to better serve you. We want to thank you for continuing to trust us with your shipping needs.

At UPS, we are committed to investing in the best team in the industry, innovative technology, and an unmatched global network. This is all to ensure that you can serve your customers with needed speed and reliability. To help you plan ahead, here is a summary of our rate changes for 2024.

Effective December 3, 2023, UPS Air Freight rates within and between the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico will increase an average net 6.3%.
Effective December 26, 2023, the rates for UPS  Ground, UPS  Air and International will increase an average net 5.9%.

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Not a gun, but last week I ordered a tonneau cover for my pickup.  

I got mine left at the door, and another one for a lady 25 miles away, and her box was clearly labeled for her address, not mine.  FedEx sucks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#12]
They won't even deliver an optic or trigger without making me sign for it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MallNinja531:

Yikes.
View Quote

Be happy they didn't steal it
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#14]
If he signed for it, he can enter it into his bound book.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By samsilk:  If he signed for it, he can enter it into his bound book.  
View Quote

Right?

May have a chat w/ him tomorrow that the gov't requires some signatures, and he probably doesn't want to talk to federal agents if one of my packages goes missing.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By nvhunter:
I'd think that's on the shipper. If they didn't request adult signature. it's not the shipping Co responsibility
View Quote

Both are at risk.

(e)It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to deliver or cause to be delivered to any common or contract carrier for transportation or shipment in interstate or foreign commerce, to persons other than licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors, any package or other container in which there is any firearm or ammunition without written notice to the carrier that such firearm or ammunition is being transported or shipped;

(f) (2)It shall be unlawful for any common or contract carrier to deliver in interstate or foreign commerce any firearm without obtaining written acknowledgement of receipt from the recipient of the package or other container in which there is a firearm.

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Every order I've gotten from Anderson is just left on my garage porch by usps...
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RABIDFOX50:

Yup. Three weeks ago I had a case of 5.7 ammo left in the middle of my driveway. Got rained on. Went to the FedEx hub and raised hell. Shipper threatened to sue FedEx. Had them on the phone while speaking to the fucktard supervisor. They sent me a new case via UPS that did the correct thing and placed it on my porch. FedEx driver was fired. Driver had prior convictions for theft, DUI and battery on a pregnant woman YET is still walking around getting jobs they should have turned him down for. Fuck FedEx and the motherfucker.
View Quote

Where should someone like that work?
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Jmo371:
View Quote

For the government making license plates.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#20]
FFL here as well.  Typical fedex, ups, and usps behavior.  

Had one fedex guy take the package (shotgun) off the truck, put it by the garage, turnaround and put it back on the truck.  Must have seen it was sig confirmation and didn't want to go to my front door.  Lazy fuck.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Several years ago I purchased a Bushmaster V-match rifle from a guy out of state.
Had it shipped to my FFL here in OK.
UPS tracking shows it on it's way.
A week later I get a call from the service manager at the local Ford dealership.
He left work at noon to get some lunch and spotted a box laying in the middle of the road.
So he stops to pick it up, see's my phone #on the shipping label and gives me a call.
I go to the dealership and pick it up, thanking the guy for his honesty.
Rifle was not damaged.

Apparently the UPS driver left the door up on his truck, the box fell out.
So I track the shipment, shows out for delivery, then it suddenly disappears from UPS tacking a day later.
Hmmmm......
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#23]
USPS once put a pistol in my mailbox.

It was mine so no 4473 was required, but it was signature required.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Had the same thing happen on Friday but it was UPS. Fedex always makes me sign now.

…after I got into it with their local distribution center manager. Driver left a box of silencers on someone’s porch 3 blocks over . Matching house # but totally different street. They didn’t even care until I told them it was a box of guns- then suddenly got real helpful.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
You are lucky they even rang the doorbell.  I had 4 Sigs left on my lawn.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#26]
And it is this inability to properly take care of their JOB that has led to increased prices and the new rules making it extremely difficult and expensive for non-FFLs to ship firearms.

Rob
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Had one driver in 2021 that was still signing COVID on everything and leaving outside our office door, or if we had one of our bay doors open, just stack in there with other crap. So we'd never see it or know it had been delivered. Now, I have 6 bay doors, 3 on each end of the building, all pull through, and we upfit public safety vehicles and repair the comms, and tech in the cars, dashcams, printers, modems, etc. The garage handles the mechanical stuff. So this stuff is expensive. $300k+ deliveries are not uncommon. If doors were closed, he'd leave in the rain. We complained more than one time as we have a guy who handles all our receiving, and no one else had an issue having him sign. After a few complaints, he quit signing COVID, left a $10k delivery at the door and signed "F U". Pretty sure he didnt finish his route that day.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Had weeks long “attempts to deliver” by ups. Nobody ever actually came to my home, although I was repeatedly getting notifications that they had tried.

It’s a single box of ammo from Global Ordnance. Drop shipped as part of an order.

GO has bent over backwards to fix it. Arranged to have it held at a ups store a few miles away. Got a “we returned it to the shipper” notification after a couple days.

GO is re shipping it to my parents, who are retired.

Seriously, Global Ordnance deserves a shoutout for great customer service. Brian Bell has put a lot of effort into getting those 20 rounds of 308 to me. If someone knows their screen name, I’d like to @ them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 2:29:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DogtownTom] [#29]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
USPS once put a pistol in my mailbox.

It was mine so no 4473 was required, but it was signature required.
View Quote

Are you a licensed dealer, importer or manufacturer?
If not, that was a felony by the shipper.

USPS regs prohibit shipping firearms other than rifles or shotguns to a nonlicensee.
Anything else must be only "customary trade shipments" between those licensed as a dealer, importer or manufacturer.
432 Mailability

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 2:35:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HansohnBrothers] [#31]
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Rang the doorbell & took off, driver signed for it.  

https://media.tenor.com/qK4uJn-NnTUAAAAd/first-time-james-franco.gif

Lol!  Yep.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Happens all the time to me with pistols because all of the UPS drivers around here are idiots. The one time UPS brought me a rifle, there was a tire track on the squished box and the barrel was bent.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Happens every day here…
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#35]
My plates weren't delivered today because no one was home to sign for them. I had called them yesterday and gave them authorization to deliver and accept the SIGNED UPS card I left taped to the door
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By retired_11b:  Happens all the time to me with pistols because all of the UPS drivers around here are idiots. The one time UPS brought me a rifle, there was a tire track on the squished box and the barrel was bent.
View Quote

I was issued a Colt M4 once that seemingly had been run over by a truck.  From mechanical zero, it shot a foot to the right at 25 yds.  I wasn't even on the paper.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#37]
And.... They just did it again.  This time w/ a shotgun.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Which model Highpoint carbine was it?
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#39]

I was issued a Colt M4 once that seemingly had been run over by a truck.  From mechanical zero, it shot a foot to the right at 25 yds.  I wasn't even on the paper.
View Quote

You just have to love equipment that was made by the lowest bidder.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

UPS.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:  Which model Highpoint carbine was it?
View Quote

Maverick 88 20 ga Youth.  Sold the Cruiser today.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

this.  Doordash drivers, shelf stockers, short order cooks, warehouse pickers ... all these jobs that require no skill and don't have public interaction are chock full of inkies, pincushions and felons.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:
Had weeks long “attempts to deliver” by ups. Nobody ever actually came to my home, although I was repeatedly getting notifications that they had tried.

It’s a single box of ammo from Global Ordnance. Drop shipped as part of an order.

GO has bent over backwards to fix it. Arranged to have it held at a ups store a few miles away. Got a “we returned it to the shipper” notification after a couple days.

GO is re shipping it to my parents, who are retired.

Seriously, Global Ordnance deserves a shoutout for great customer service. Brian Bell has put a lot of effort into getting those 20 rounds of 308 to me. If someone knows their screen name, I’d like to @ them.
View Quote

GO is awesome. I've got a bunch of ammo from them.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By retired_11b:

View All Quotes

Did you read what he posted, or not understand it? This wasn't Colt's fault at all. Gotdamn.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:

Did you read what he posted, or not understand it? This wasn't Colt's fault at all. Gotdamn.
View All Quotes

It probably was Colt's fault b/c it probably wasn't run over by a truck - it seemingly had been run over by a truck, but probably came off the production line that way.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Dayum.  0900 Sunday morning, FedEx drops off a firearm.  They'll be doing regular Sunday deliveries through the holiday season.  New temp driver actually asks for my ID.  My normal driver doesn't, I just sign and he bolts, but he's a customer so he knows I'm over 21.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 11:36:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raygixxer89] [#47]

It probably was Colt's fault b/c it probably wasn't run over by a truck - it seemingly had been run over by a truck, but probably came off the production line that way.
View All Quotes

Ah. mea culpa. You're right. My apologies. I'm an idiot, lol. @backbencher
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

No, Colt's the idiot.  We expect more from one of America's greatest gun companies, but over & over they prove we shouldn't.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

I read it. I'm glad that you re-read it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 2:10:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ridgeline] [#50]
About a year ago the FedEx driver released 10lbs of black power  to my 12 year old.

At least the driver had them sign for it.

I got everything  but damn.

Few months back I had UPS leave $1,800 in HazMat by the road. New FedEx driver was going by and saw the package.  They stopped and walked up to let me know it was there.

I blew a gasket  but the UPS boss didn't  give a single fuck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top