Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2023 2:42:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dana]
I wouldnt mind having a can for some .35 cal rifles. For now it would be limited to a 16 357 maximum but might also be used on 357 mag or 35 rem lever gun with 16" or longer barrel. So nothing super high pressure. I would like to do a larger diameter short can, direct thread. Ideally about 7" long and as light as possible. I would like to use it hunting so i would only really be firing one or two shots and would like to minimize hearing damage. So I dont really want to chase making it as quiet as possible. I just want to take the edge off as much as possible.

I currently have a SilencerCo Octane 9 but have only used it with 38spl and 357 mag from my rifle. I would like to make a form 1 can that is bigger diameter and about 2-3" shorter. Also I would like to use commercially available parts as i dont have the capabilities to do real machine work. Any recommendations for commercial kits or parts?

Right now this is the configuration I have. As i siad i have only shot 38spl and 357 mag through it. But SilencerCo said it would be Ok for 357 Maximum. But i have not done it yet. Would really like to make it shorter. Just something so my ears are not ringing hunting after one shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top