Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2024 8:27:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckeyeDoc]
I've recently moved to another state for work.
I have a physical address there (apartment) and ultimately plan to buy a house there.
I still own my house in the original state and live there occasionally.
My drivers license is still from the original state.
I would like to Form 1 a lower so I can bring a shorter upper to the new state, and don't plan to bring the lower to my original state.
I'd prefer not to do Form 5320 since eventually this will be a permanent move and I don't want to file 5320 every year if I can avoid it.

Can I Form 1 a lower in the new state with my drivers license in the old state or should I just list my new address?

I've searched the ATF site for guidance but it seems they just assume you only live in one state
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#1]
State your DL is in
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Michigan primary state
Moving to SC
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:40:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#3]
Technically it's the state you reside in, and based on your OP that sounds like the new state at the moment.

For a Form 1, you drivers license never comes into play anyway, so it's irrelevant.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you.
Do I need to update my address on eForms also?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BuckeyeDoc:
Thank you.
Do I need to update my address on eForms also?
View Quote
Considering eForms auto populates based on that info, yes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you Garrett that is very helpful.

I downloaded the form from the ATF website for interstate transfer of NFA firearms. It states it is Form 5320.20, but when I look on eForms, the same 5320.2 is called Form 2 and isn't the same. What am I doing wrong here?

Secondly the 5320.20 Form has a box you can select for temporary vs permanant relocation. If you select permanent do you still need to refile every year ?

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BuckeyeDoc:
Thank you Garrett that is very helpful.

I downloaded the form from the ATF website for interstate transfer of NFA firearms. It states it is Form 5320.20, but when I look on eForms, the same 5320.2 is called Form 2 and isn't the same. What am I doing wrong here?

Secondly the 5320.20 Form has a box you can select for temporary vs permanant relocation. If you select permanent do you still need to refile every year ?

View Quote
.2 and .20, different forms.

And permanent moves are once and done unless you move again.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you, I love this place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top