Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2024 7:23:38 AM EDT
I have a friend who passed a year or so ago. His wife, also a friend wants me to have his SBR (on a trust) and 2 cans (probably on a trust)

Can she as the executor of his estate form 5 them to me, or would I need to do a form 4?

If I can receive on a 5 can I use my EFT prints and digital photo or is it paper prints as well?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By BULLDAWG_556:
I have a friend who passed a year or so ago. His wife, also a friend wants me to have his SBR (on a trust) and 2 cans (probably on a trust)

Can she as the executor of his estate form 5 them to me, or would I need to do a form 4?

If I can receive on a 5 can I use my EFT prints and digital photo or is it paper prints as well?

Thanks
View Quote

I’m pretty sure you would need a Form 4.  Form 5 is for transferring to a heir or beneficiary of a will.  I’m guessing you are neither.  Also, since the SBR is on a trust, it’s still owned by the trust.  Trusts don’t die.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]
was he the only one able to amend the trust? if not, just have her add you to the trust then you take possession no stamp needed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#3]
If you were not specifically bequeathed those items in the will, no form 5 is my understanding.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. She is going to have her attorney look at the trust, if that doesn't work I guess it's form 4 bound....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top