Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2024 9:45:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NC_Parrothead]
Hey guys, I've got a buddy who recently purchased a Nomad and is wanting to get a rail that's got an inner diameter large enough for him to tuck the can under/inside the rail. Anything out there that would work for this? I looked up the Nomad and it's pretty thicc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Check the Aero Precision rails.  They have some that are wide.  I have two setups with tucked cans under aero rails.  But the nomad is fat.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ag04blast:
Check the Aero Precision rails.  They have some that are wide.  I have two setups with tucked cans under aero rails.  But the nomad is fat.
View Quote

Nomad doesn’t fit those.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:

Nomad doesn’t fit those.
View Quote

It definitely does not. I was, however, able to direct thread my nomad on a 12.5” barrel to tuck the diameter stepdown under a 12.7” aero enhanced handguard. It looks pretty nice actually. I will try to throw some pics up later when i get home from work.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:19:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 00sdime00] [#4]
Originally Posted By 00sdime00:

It definitely does not. I was, however, able to direct thread my nomad on a 12.5” barrel to tuck the diameter stepdown under a 12.7” aero enhanced handguard. It looks pretty nice actually. I will try to throw some pics up later when i get home from work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:

Nomad doesn’t fit those.

Found an older pic on my phone.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Found an older pic on my phone.

https://i.ibb.co/RND7Dyb/C17-E06-FD-61-F2-4327-9462-6-B9-E4-E1-C53-CE.jpg
View Quote
Good to know, and thanks for the pic.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:28:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kombayotch] [#6]
I have a Wolfman, which is slightly smaller than the Nomad.  It fits in Seekins Precision handguards and they are compatible with the Aero M4E uppers.  The Aero Enchanced handguards are squared off on the inner wall, whereas the Seekins are perfectly round.  The Nomad should fit the Seekins handguards (barely).  However, if the barrel is not perfectly concentric to the handguard, the can will likely touch one of the sides of the handguard.  Also, you cannot use any of the MLOK slots around the can (obviously).
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the input. I'll pass it along. Seekins looks like a.good option, but they're all backordered.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:55:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kombayotch] [#8]
Originally Posted By NC_Parrothead:
Thanks for the input. I'll pass it along. Seekins looks like a.good option, but they're all backordered.
View Quote

Primary Arms has the 15" and it looks like Joe Bob Outfitters has various sizes.  Europtic as well.  Check around, you can get them for other places than Seekins direct.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:11:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ian187] [#9]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:13:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11B3XCIB] [#10]
Didn’t spikes used to make a really fat rail?

ETA
yup still do

BAR2, 1.8” ID
https://www.spikestactical.com/collections/rails/spikes-bar2-rail/

Varying lengths from 7-13.2”

@00sdime00

Is that a flash hider endcap on your Nomad?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Midwest Industries has suppressor rails with an inside diameter of 1.670

https://midwestindustriesinc.com/mi-sp-series-suppressor-compatible-one-piece-free-float-handguard-m-lok-tm/
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#12]
The other thing I will mention about the Seekins handguards that I like over my Aero Enhanced handguards is that they don't have any holes in the top rail.  It helps keep the mirage out of the line of sight if you're running a scope with mid-high magnification.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 11B3XCIB:
Didn’t spikes used to make a really fat rail?

ETA
yup still do

BAR2, 1.8” ID
https://www.spikestactical.com/collections/rails/spikes-bar2-rail/

Varying lengths from 7-13.2”

@00sdime00

Is that a flash hider endcap on your Nomad?
View Quote

Why yes it is.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:16:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#14]
Originally Posted By Global_Cooling:
Midwest Industries has suppressor rails with an inside diameter of 1.670

https://midwestindustriesinc.com/mi-sp-series-suppressor-compatible-one-piece-free-float-handguard-m-lok-tm/
View Quote
Won’t fit.

I have a borrowed Smoke Composites that I can check Friday. Forgot about that one earlier...it’s pleasantly thicc in diameter. It swallows a Rex or a Velos.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:46:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Outside of nomad is 1.72” I believe. I did the same as guy above where I tucked the step down. 8.5” barrel with a 9” handguard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top