Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2024 4:08:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.   Have you thought of making a one off mag well to see if G36 mags would work?  Strictly for science,  of course as G36 mags aren't nationally popular here.

Would an AUG mag well be doable?  That would likely generate sales amongst the bullpup crowd.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s some cool yet disappointing analysis.  It does make sense they’d want to remain sole-source, though it sounds like anyone in the G36 space could throw together a knock-off magazine if they really wanted.  Magpul is too cool now; maybe AC-Unity since they like competing where everyone else has ignored demand but a Bosnian company making accessories for a Croatian gun might be a bit of a pipe dream given their mutual history.

I’ll still take one of every kind of magazine well if you decide to make any.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
Interesting.   Have you thought of making a one off mag well to see if G36 mags would work?  Strictly for science,  of course as G36 mags aren't nationally popular here.

Would an AUG mag well be doable?  That would likely generate sales amongst the bullpup crowd.
View Quote

3D printer go Buurrr!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually a great idea for a test article.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:56:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#5]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

As I said, the fit of the G36 magazine is so snug in the opening in the underside of the receiver where the magazine enters, it is not a good option.

To be honest, we are so busy I just don't have the time right now to mess around with it, nor with an AUG magwell.  I wish I did, but other things are on the plate that are more pressing- I just wanted to share my findings for those who have been wondering!

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Glad that you did share. I found it very interesting.  I love technically detailed stuff!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Wonder if Bren 805 mags fit?

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#8]
If someone could get AUG magazines to work in the Hellion, I might consider adding one to my collection!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, thank you for posting that.  It will save some folks a lot of angst.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:32:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Magazines family tree branches are fun to analyze. A very similar observation has been made in the AK world between Plastic R4 mags and the older generation Plastic Zastava 556 mags that were marketed with the M21 and some made it in with M85PV Pistols. Different mags, with even different capacities but almost certainly of the same make. Myanmar is using its own Plastic mags too.

I've wondered how cross compatible Beretta AR70, SIG 540 and SIG550 mags
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top