Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2021 3:19:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien]
He says what we all know: It's an fucking awesome gun.

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 3:56:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#1]
I guess it's a dupe, but he didn't have Garand Thumb in the title.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:35:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw a video on the ACR a while back. The older ones were good the latest ones had problems.
Quality control slipped big time.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 7:32:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By T-TAC:
I saw a video on the ACR a while back. The older ones were good the latest ones had problems.
View Quote

This is just regurgitation from a MAC video based on a sample of 1. I would buy any of them and I did, many of them from all years. I removed the receiver screws, applied thread locker, and reinstalled them, regardless of year made because all of them are prone to it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#4]
It's called an "M-1 Thumb".

I don't know where this "Garand Thumb" bullshit came from.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

According to MAC, based on a sample size of 1, that he didn't attempt to have serviced by BM. There is also the question of whether the barrel was screwed on all the way.

Newer ACRs fixed the minimal issues the originals had (charging handle assemblies, brass deflectors).
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:52:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

According to MAC, based on a sample size of 1, that he didn't attempt to have serviced by BM. There is also the question of whether the barrel was screwed on all the way.

Newer ACRs fixed the minimal issues the originals had (charging handle assemblies, brass deflectors).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

MAC is a hack who shits on any brand that doesn’t sponsor him and send him tons of free shit. He lost all credibility years ago and has been among the worst YouTube shills for quite some time. I’m certainly not going to take his word on the ACR, particularly when there are so very many consumers and reviewers who completely disagree with his assessment.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:17:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:

MAC is a hack who shits on any brand that doesn't sponsor him and send him tons of free shit. He lost all credibility years ago and has been among the worst YouTube shills for quite some time. I'm certainly not going to take his word on the ACR, particularly when there are so very many consumers and reviewers who completely disagree with his assessment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZgunner:

MAC is a hack who shits on any brand that doesn't sponsor him and send him tons of free shit. He lost all credibility years ago and has been among the worst YouTube shills for quite some time. I'm certainly not going to take his word on the ACR, particularly when there are so very many consumers and reviewers who completely disagree with his assessment.
Yeah I don't care for him much anymore. It's funny though years ago he loved the ACR and even said he preferred it over the SCAR. Then he got a newer one that had issues and he poo-poo'd them.

I love mine and will never part with it. It's been flawless after I got the replacement op-rod spring shortly after I purchased it. I have no point of reference for the later models however.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top