Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2023 5:14:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKzgalore]
For those who have not a Liberty Arms' SP-50, fear not!

JARD Inc. has confirmed they plan to offer their forthcoming J11 in .50BMG!

For how practical this is as a shell-loading single-shot option out there, I personally believe pricing will have a lot to do with its ultimate market viability, although if previous products are any standard to judge off of, then I think JARD is uniquely positioned to do well with this product. Opinions?
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Already have a sledge hammer. Just have to convince a friend I really want him to hit me in the shoulder with it.

Link Posted: 12/3/2023 8:25:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't need a 50, but if the price was right I would certainly OWN a 50 on the off chance that I need anti material options. this with a Holosun would really piss people off so that alone is worth ~$1k

Link Posted: 12/3/2023 5:03:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kalashnikov762] [#3]
Self loading single shot....what the?
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kalashnikov762:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Read closely

Originally Posted By AKzgalore:
For how practical this is as a shell-loading single-shot

Shell-loading refers to the mechanism of blending the chamber with the bolt apparatus to create a locked breech, similar to artillery-style weaponry and of course, Maadi-Griffin style .50BMG single-shot rifles out there.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AKzgalore:

Read closely

Shell-loading refers to the mechanism of blending the chamber with the bolt apparatus to create a locked breech, similar to artillery-style weaponry and of course, Maadi-Griffin style .50BMG single-shot rifles out there.
View Quote

and I wasn't even at the torpedo juice today.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#6]

and I wasn't even at the torpedo juice today.
View Quote

Lol it happens to the best of us
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:27:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Third_Rail] [#7]
I don't even care what calibers they offer - that's a lovely and compact design and I will be purchasing at least one assuming it's under $2.5k.

I absolutely adore minimum length bullpup rifles. The less wasted length the better. This seems like a domestically produced Stradivari hunting rifle which unfortunately stopped being produced a few years ago.

ETA: Where are you seeing the news about it being available in .50BMG? I can't find any details on the planned calibers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
I don't even care what calibers they offer - that's a lovely and compact design and I will be purchasing at least one assuming it's under $2.5k.

I absolutely adore minimum length bullpup rifles. The less wasted length the better. This seems like a domestically produced Stradivari hunting rifle which unfortunately stopped being produced a few years ago.

ETA: Where are you seeing the news about it being available in .50BMG? I can't find any details on the planned calibers.
View Quote

Sorry, they just haven't released much information about it and haven't even disclosed a final list of planned calibers.

If you call and talk with them as they instruct interested people to do so, they say they want to do it in .50BMG, and are just deciding on barrel length to both meet legality (i.e., Title I 'Rifle' & OAL), and shooters' comfort.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top