Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2024 5:39:30 PM EDT
https://gforcearms.com/firearms/rifles/gflvr357-rifle/

Anyone have one of these?   Any reviews/feedback?    Looks like they're imported from Turkey. Perhaps another good value like a Tisas? With the popularity of lever actions this one seems to help out at the rather expensive price point.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Detached:
https://gforcearms.com/firearms/rifles/gflvr357-rifle/

Anyone have one of these?   Any reviews/feedback?    Looks like they're imported from Turkey. Perhaps another good value like a Tisas? With the popularity of lever actions this one seems to help out at the rather expensive price point.
View Quote

No experience, but tisas 1911's seem to be an anomaly in the turkish gun world. The name "gforce" doesn't inspire a ton of confidence in me. But, in, to hear more.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of the GForce 1911’s and  I’m still tinkering with it to try to get it running as good as it looks. I’m not optimistic at this point. Interesting to note that their website says they no longer sell OR SUPPORT them. I bought mine less than a year ago so I would not think a reputable company would just stop providing warranty service on a relatively new product
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
I have one of the GForce 1911’s and  I’m still tinkering with it to try to get it running as good as it looks. I’m not optimistic at this point. Interesting to note that their website says they no longer sell OR SUPPORT them. I bought mine less than a year ago so I would not think a reputable company would just stop providing warranty service on a relatively new product
View Quote

That's not encouraging.   Tisas has a recall out right now as well
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I own 10 (for real) Tisas 1911’s. The difference in quality is astounding. Only issue with a few of the Tisas 1911’s has been weak plunger springs. MINIMAL a polishing of internals and an Ed Brown sear springs and they have 3.5 lbs clean triggers. I’ve worked on the GForce three times doing the same things and it’s still 6-7 lbs and gritty. Tried to swap the trigger and the frame cuts are undersized. It also had a commander sized bushing for some reason and the ramp on the frame is very irregular.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a technical forum. We should try to keep it on topic or move this thread to GD
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:16:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Giltweasel] [#8]
Aluminum receiver. I would be interested in getting ahold of one just for that reason alone. Testing durability and pairing up with a s&w airlite. For giggles.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I love the resurgence in lever guns
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Giltweasel:
Aluminum receiver. I would be interested in getting ahold of one just for that reason alone. Testing durability and pairing up with a s&w airlite. For giggles.
View Quote

It looks like they have a lever action .410   I wonder if they're the same receiver.      Do you not think the Aluminum receiver will hold up?  They do 1911 frames out of them.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Bump for answers
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 4:12:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#12]
That Huckleberry has an ALUMINUM receiver.

So, no thanks from me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:
That Huckleberry has an ALUMINUM receiver.

So, no thanks from me.
View Quote

Is the concern that it's a steel bolt and steel lever wearing in against it or.......?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe one of the Winchester tried an aluminum receiver years ago. Not certain that it had enough real world use to make a durability determination.

If you're looking at these as a working gun then that does need to be addressed st some point. I don't know how well it would hold up which is why I'd be interested in trying it.

Until it's in the wild for a decade or so of hard use I think that's a legitimate concern.

I could be missing prior examples and ruggedness testing on the Al/levergun history. Someone better informed should comment.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#15]
it wouldn't be a hard use gun. And I think this is model is fairly new and that's why there's no reviews on it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By badguybuster:
I love the resurgence in lever guns
View Quote

Even S&W is dipping it's toe in the lever action rifle market. Makes me wonder if the major firearms manufacturers aren't hedging their bets against a future federal semi auto ban.
Gary
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I wish they would ditch the chrome feed gate.  Like having wheel spinners on a model T Ford.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#18]
The nicest thing I can say is that the stock looks like quality wood. The metal looks painted and that silver load gate on the blued version looks pretty bad. The ad copy from the link makes it feel like I’m buying the latest garbage gadget off of home shopping network. I wouldn’t personally buy a gun from an unknown company from a country not know for producing quality firearms. Interesting but a hard pass from me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Guess someone has to be the test dummy.   I just picked one up.   It's lightweight, feeds and ejects well. Haven't shot it yet.  Safety at the top of the bolt sucks for both position and ease of use. Doesn't look like there's a good way to mount an optic on it (I'm not super familiar with lever guns).
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Guess someone has to be the test dummy.   I just picked one up.   It's lightweight, feeds and ejects well. Haven't shot it yet.  Safety at the top of the bolt sucks for both position and ease of use. Doesn't look like there's a good way to mount an optic on it (I'm not super familiar with lever guns).
View Quote
Does it have a stupid safety like the Rossi?  I had a pre-safety Rossi, and kinda regret selling it off.  Might replace it with this.

Also, if you're really feeling like being a test dummy, maybe find out if one of the Rossi "gunslinger" kits will work in this?  I had one in my Rossi and it was niiiiice.

https://www.leesgunsmithing.com/store/Gunslinger-Spring-Kits-ROSSI-MODEL-92-&-65-p315987722
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:46:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Giltweasel] [#22]

Looks like Rossi with an Al receiver.
What is the country of manufacture?
Are they marked made in Turkey?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SteveJobs:

No experience, but tisas 1911's seem to be an anomaly in the turkish gun world. The name "gforce" doesn't inspire a ton of confidence in me. But, in, to hear more.
View Quote

Mke mp5 clones are solid
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I really don't think the aluminum receiver will hold up. The m92 is extremely strong and I hope people don't use loading data for it.

How's the case hardened one done if it's aluminum?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Giltweasel:

Looks like Rossi with an Al receiver.
What is the country of manufacture?
Are they marked made in Turkey?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Do they have a threaded barrel option? I’d be all about a 16” threaded for the right price.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
Do they have a threaded barrel option? I’d be all about a 16” threaded for the right price.
View Quote

Not that I've seen but they do offer one with the tactical rail.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:06:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grendelbane] [#28]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
I really don't think the aluminum receiver will hold up. The m92 is extremely strong and I hope people don't use loading data for it.

How's the case hardened one done if it's aluminum?
View Quote

Today's aluminum is probably harder than 1890s steel.  Though it might not have the durability of a steel receiver.  The 92 frame is beefy though, so it might be fine.  Only way to tell is to shoot one and see.  In any case, I don't see it catastrophically disassembling itself even if it is fed a steady diet of Elmer Keith approved loads.
As to the case hardened one, that is a good question.
ETA; Just speculation, but it could possibly be anodized with a pattern that resembles the case hardened finish.  I think that could be easily done, but I have no idea how well it would look.  If cosmetics is important to a buyer, I would look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Can that goofy safety just be deleted and the hole filled with a set screw or something? Does it have a half-cock?

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By _DR:

Can that goofy safety just be deleted and the hole filled with a set screw or something? Does it have a half-cock?

View Quote
They make safety delete plugs for Rossi, and the Rossi safety looks nearly identical so it's worth a try.

https://store.stevesgunz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=95
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I have one of their .410 lever action shotguns.  Does not look like the same receiver.  That looks like a '92 derivative where the .410 looks like a '94 derivative (floor of the receiver swings down with the lever).

rob
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Teddydog:
I have one of their .410 lever action shotguns.  Does not look like the same receiver.  That looks like a '92 derivative where the .410 looks like a '94 derivative (floor of the receiver swings down with the lever).

rob
View Quote

How many rounds do you have through it?    What do you like/dislike about it?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#33]

How many rounds do you have through it?    What do you like/dislike about it?
View Quote

I have not fired the gun.  I like that it was cheap when I bought it (about $365 total).

rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top