Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2024 5:49:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spaceboy]
I have a very small collection of WW2 long guns and I try to grow it as I can.  As I understand these rifles were rearsenaled beginning in 1947 but the rifle itself was produced until 1941 so I myself would consider it a war used even if they modified them later but I may be wrong.  Either way I own the thing for $390 out the door.

Googling is just leading to confusion and I see many different crests and side stamping.  Can anyone further identify what I have?

Thanks folks
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks to be a run of the mill M24/47, imported by the thousands. I had one years ago and mine still had faint markings on the side rail that weren't totally scrubbed off that showed it was originally an FN produced rifle for the Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes. These are intermediate length actions so they are a little bit shorter than your standard M98 action. FN produced many thousands for the Serbs in the 1920's but then a production line was set up in Serbia and they made them up until the Germans took over in 1941. Then refurbished them post war as the M24/47.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:38:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jerret_S] [#2]
Would say you paid market. Yugo mausers aren't worth a ton because so many were imported in nice condition and they have no history behind them or it was scrubbed off the rifle when rearsenaled. They also suffer from there's a ton of bolt action rifles in the CandR category they get pushed down the list.

I have lots of yugo rifle and pistols. They are made very very well for the price.

Have a m24/47 myself. Haven't shot it but it is pretty nice with matching bolt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top