User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/2/2024 9:33:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!

I sold my EMC partly due to the realization I’d never be able to get the suppressor.  I had one guy offer to sell me one for $5000 and I thought that was beyond ridiculous at the time.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
This is awesome. Well done on answering the hole in the market.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
In for an EMC can.. whats the timeline for these?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Outrider:
This is awesome. Well done on answering the hole in the market.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:23:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#6]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:27:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#7]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 6:21:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Yumago] [#8]
I want one of these, now what options are there for a cost effective M110/SR25?

Wonder if you could put a M110 gas block on a PSA Sabre M110 to use this?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Yumago:
I want one of these, now what options are there for a cost effective M110/SR25?

Wonder if you could put a M110 gas block on a PSA Sabre M110 to use this?
View Quote

SR25Cartel/HTX concepts have made a clone SR25 upper. Barrels and gas blocks have also just come out. This is good timing.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Will you release the mounting specs so others can make gas blocks for this?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I know you said these aren't clones, but if these are successful you really should make a clone version, in appearance obviously.

Regardless great work.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#12]
For guys looking to roll their own rifles here are a few parts options:

Low profile GB, barrels, and upper parts can also be found at dwilson

Rainier M110 Barrel

Nefarious Arms is also a barrel and now I believe gas block option as well

Obviously you have some other options in the AR10 upper/lower arena but the SR25 pattern slant cut receiver options (especially uppers) has been very limited prior to the Cartel upper.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#13]
This looks like another rip off of Kac products by griffin. Haven’t other people been banned from this forum for ripping off the gate latch cans?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By jake2212:
This looks like another rip off of Kac products by griffin. Haven’t other people been banned from this forum for ripping off the gate latch cans?
View Quote

Rip off? These cans fit an existing and unique "eco-system" that isn't being fulfilled by Knights. The entire point of this product is to take care of SR25/large frame clone guys who can't or won't drop the absurd money that the legacy KAC cans command. I don't expect these to be a big time seller for Griffin with such a niche market but I think it's awesome they spent the time/money investment to bring these to market. There is a reason the SR25 aftermarket/clone market is growing so fast.

This is coming from a KAC owner who owns 0 Griffin cans and has rolled my eyes at Green0 plenty of times.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:52:11 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Hur dur KAC rip off, piss off troll.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Rip off? These cans fit an existing and unique "eco-system" that isn't being fulfilled by Knights. The entire point of this product is to take care of SR25/large frame clone guys who can't or won't drop the absurd money that the legacy KAC cans command. I don't expect these to be a big time seller for Griffin with such a niche market but I think it's awesome they spent the time/money investment to bring these to market. There is a reason the SR25 aftermarket/clone market is growing so fast.

This is coming from a KAC owner who owns 0 Griffin cans and has rolled my eyes at Green0 plenty of times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Totally agree. Plenty of Griffin’s products are/were clearly “inspired” by KAC to put it nicely but this is filling a consumer need that KAC can’t/won’t.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

We should ban PSA for making the M110 clone
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#18]
If KAC would service / replace / do anything if my mk11 can got destroyed then I wouldn't be afraid to shoot it.

I got one at msrp like five years ago and have put 15 rounds through it on my mk13. If anything happens to it, its irreplaceable.

I may pick up one of these just to use as a shooter.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

KAC is welcome to sue for infringement.
Or better yet just buy another machine or two and produce things us lowly peasants want. Until then, the market fills the void
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Quintin:
Normally I'm ready to jump on the Griffin hate bandwagon, but this is nothing but a good thing for guys who want an M110 or Mk11 style can today. I don't think you can buy those cans from Knight's any more, and on the secondary market they go for stupid money. Plus if you have a Knight's can and something were to happen to it, what's the chances of having it repaired or replaced today?

This is a solid win for us mere mortals who don't have the real thing.
View Quote

Totally agree, I was planning on trolling Otter Creek to make a clone lol.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:21:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Exetik] [#23]
Didn’t Colt originally design the “gate lock” method of attachment for a blank firing adapter that KAC later “copied” and used?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Some type of relatively easy PSA M110 gas block conversion and flash hider and I am in.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Exetik:
Didn’t Colt originally design the “gate lock” method of attachment for a blank firing adapter that KAC later “copied” and used?
View Quote

I was of this assumption as well
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Now we just need URX 3.1/II copies and we are set.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Admittedly I'm not Griffin's biggest fan, but this is a cool product that fits a nice niche.

I see this no different than I see OCL filling a gap in the market with the OCM5.

Can't wait to see what people build with these.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:51:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: prebans] [#28]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:14:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#29]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Apec:
Now we just need URX 3.1/II copies and we are set.
View Quote

Type-A Rifle Co has a URXII-looking rail for the AR10 on their rifles but hasn't put it into individual production yet.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#31]
This is rad. Well done.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

There’s an interesting pecking order of feelz.

Nobody (hardly) whines about open source Plan B mounts and expansive muzzle devices beyond Query Bombz.  

People have applauded Spector Cat for publishing their mount spec.

Style isn’t usually IP.  

Griffin has been right (after early ridicule) about many things: 17-4 for durable baffle material, taper mount configurations, innovated with Cam Lok, responded quickly to demand with EZ Lok, is open about their testing approach, constantly refines designs, and has been very resilient with forum culture ebb & flow.  

Like the tommy gun suppressor mount this fills a niche and deserves coverage so that word gets out into those niches.

Not my thing but I can appreciate the craft and perseverance.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:39:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:54:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:

There’s an interesting pecking order of feelz.

Nobody (hardly) whines about open source Plan B mounts and expansive muzzle devices beyond Query Bombz.  

People have applauded Spector Cat for publishing their mount spec.

Style isn’t usually IP.  

Griffin has been right (after early ridicule) about many things: 17-4 for durable baffle material, taper mount configurations, innovated with Cam Lok, responded quickly to demand with EZ Lok, is open about their testing approach, constantly refines designs, and has been very resilient with forum culture ebb & flow.  

Like the tommy gun suppressor mount this fills a niche and deserves coverage so that word gets out into those niches.

Not my thing but I can appreciate the craft and perseverance.
View Quote

All this.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:56:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Green0:

Thanks.   The cans worked out really nicely.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
This is rad. Well done.

Thanks.   The cans worked out really nicely.

Good job on this GreenO. Am looking forward to seeing what some guys post up once their rigs are completed.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#36]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Or better yet just buy another machine or two and produce things us lowly peasants want. Until then, the market fills the void
View Quote

This.

Nice job Griffin Armament.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:05:01 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Lmao I remember when they talked shit about us for the OCM5. I had a good chuckle then and had another good one when I saw this. Self awareness level 0.

I think it’s fucking awesome though. The market needed it and it’ll be a hit, I’m glad they’re doing it.

Just a little consistency would be nice though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#39]
“It was interesting how the accuracy of the MK11 compared to the rail gun when we checked the accuracy of the CMP 168 GMM ammo.  The MK11 with me behind it was shooting .4MOA worse than the rail gun. Really not a great statement for the ammo.”

How is this a bad statement for the ammo?

Aren’t you really testing your skills combined with the MK11 accuracy vs the rail gun?  .4moa difference from the rail gun doesn’t sound too bad considering the variables introduced, but I don’t have anything to compare it to.

But again, how does this relate to the ammo when it appears to be the one constant?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:20:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#40]

View All Quotes

They can’t….it wasn’t their idea. KAC got the idea from an expired patent.

Originally Posted By Exetik:
yes, that’s the one. It was marketed to other countries.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:39:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#42]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#43]
After having a chance to watch your video I'll try one out so put me down for a mk11 one. Do you have a date set? I didn't see it on the website. Or a notify me button for that matter.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Will be buying one for sure. I’ll have the LGS on the lookout to get one on order for me.

This is amazing!
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#45]

And nobody cares that Bergara makes a 10/22, or that 5 oufits make a glock and every other company has a Glock derived pistol model at this point.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:

They can't .it wasn't their idea. KAC got the idea from an expired patent.

yes, that's the one. It was marketed to other countries.

And nobody cares that Bergara makes a 10/22, or that 5 oufits make a glock and every other company has a Glock derived pistol model at this point.

Might be because no one is worried about their G19 or Ruger 10/22 losing $ value or 'Gram cachet.

In other words, rock on and I think it's very cool seeing a way for guys to get into this otherwise cost-prohibitive, zero-new-supply suppressor system.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:03:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#46]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#47]

We transfer units for to your door sales, and we have 10 of each model and color going in there in a few days to a week.  A dealer e-mail will go out, but you could potentially send an e-mail to sales to try to reserve a unit.  I heard a sales person say MGL-110's sold out this morning.  The other two models haven't sold through yet, so that implies some MGL-11's are still available (I believe ~25 of each). We will try to get them back in production, but demand for cans across the line is stupidly high right now so we're hiring additional machinists to improve output across the 3 shifts.  

I also noticed the sound in the video we posted had the adobe project video audio streams for both the cans ~6DB higher than the unsuppressed gun audio (not the sound test results from HBK/AHAAH, but the video audio people would be listening to as they watch the video).  We were comprising the Sound Test specific videos this afternoon to post the MGL-110/MGL-C and also the MGL-11/SR-25 overview and comparisons respectively, and I realized that doesn't really convey the audio performance properly, as the ability of videography microphones to pick up unsuppressed audio is already impaired vs suppressed audio.

I believe the video editor was doing this thing video editing people try to do which is "sort of normalizing volume levels" across the composition which is considered a best practice for youtube video, but does nothing positive for conveyance of the experience.
View Quote

So many emotions reading through this thread, lol.
I'm beyond excited for the release of the MGL line up... But my heart dropped when reading that all of the MGL-110's are sold out.
I tried to reserve 2 units but no luck. I want need an MGL-C & an MGL-110.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#48]
What a bummer I just bought an M110 upper yesterday so I could buy this can!! I really hope production on the MGL-110's ramps up so I can own one!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:00:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#49]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#50]
I emailed sales about getting one of the to your door ones and they said to sign up for the newsletter. They would announce the release there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top