Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2024 7:33:19 PM EDT
The barrel length on this gun is advertised as 16.1”, however, I measured mine from the bolt face (on a closed bolt) to the end of the threaded muzzle (with muzzle device removed), and it actually measures 17-1/4”. How is Ruger measuring these?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:26:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, but mine is an 18.7 (advertised length) so they're not all 16.1.

I ordered mine that way to be transit Canada compliant without (additional)restriction
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I discovered that early model GSRs (which mine is) were advertised as 16.5”, but actually measured 17.25”.  At least now I know I’m not going crazy. All this time I thought I had been hunting with a 16” barrel…
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GimmeLibertee:
I discovered that early model GSRs (which mine is) were advertised as 16.5”, but actually measured 17.25”.  At least now I know I’m not going crazy. All this time I thought I had been hunting with a 16” barrel…
View Quote

Yep. I bought one of those off a coworker some years ago. Had to go find the 18.7" version in stainless to keep it company.
IMO putting the Ruger polymer stock on it makes it a lot better for overall weight. And it has a spot pre-molded into it if you want to add a third sling stud and Ching Sling it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:00:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GimmeLibertee] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RifleCal30m1n00b:

Yep. I bought one of those off a coworker some years ago. Had to go find the 18.7" version in stainless to keep it company.
IMO putting the Ruger polymer stock on it makes it a lot better for overall weight. And it has a spot pre-molded into it if you want to add a third sling stud and Ching Sling it.
View Quote

Agreed, I switched out the stock for the polymer one shortly after they were available.
Top Top